Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

flynnibus

Premium Member
Atlantic
Cold water
Hot Sand
Rocky Sand
Not much sand
Sand drops off at water's edge
Trash

Sorry

A day at the beach is better than most days
Only thing true there for our beach is cold water. 67 today which is anormally low.

Junk is in my photo because it’s right at the wash line from high tide which had been 3hrs ago so there is more shell there.

My kid is living in sarasota so i know what lido is like :) nice floury white sand, cool blue water, but bland otherwise.

Dinner on the bay last night.

IMG_4999.jpeg

This is why I don’t need to jam all my vacation into now fake-vacation kingdom :)

JoeCamel

Only thing true there for our beach is cold water. 67 today which is anormally low.

Junk is in my photo because it’s right at the wash line from high tide which had been 3hrs ago so there is more shell there.

My kid is living in sarasota so i know what lido is like :) nice floury white sand, cool blue water, but bland otherwise.

View attachment 726530

This is why I don’t need to jam all my vacation into now fake-vacation kingdom :)
Bet the sand came from........ Manufactured beach....
Never floated for hours on the east side......
I could go on and on but a day at the beach is better than most.
Enjoy your break it looks better than Jersey........

Pepper's Ghost

View attachment 726530

There you guys go again... way off topic. 🤣 J/k obviously. AWESOME pic! I take pics like this whenever I have the opportunity, but I'm too much of a chicken to show them to friends. My group of friends (me included) are BRUTAL when it comes to shaming for showing the slightest bit of sensitivity. 🤣 Since none of them would be on this forum though, I'll happily admit that's an excellent pic. I wish I was somewhere relaxing like that right now.
I wonder if the "go right" tendency is the same worldwide or varies based on the side of the road a country drives on? It's likely more related to the dominant hand and the fact that 90% of people are righties.

At the entrance toll plazas, when it's not peak entry time I will often see a line of a few cars at all of the booths towards the right while the left most booths are empty or just have one car at the window.
I honestly don't know if that's been studied or determined. I think both of your points are huge influences on this tendency... 90% of folks being righty, as well as driving on the right side of the road. I'd be interested to see a study about this on DL Paris.
People get mad when they think they’re being distracted from what’s “new” at wdw?

they opened tron…prices are going up…

That’s it. No really…that’s it. Beyond them telling you that you need a 7pm ticket for the same stuff
Whoa dude. You're totally forgetting that they changed parking signage. Not only that, they completely changed the naming scheme of those parking areas. Give credit where it's due. That's HUGE!

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I will be interested to see how fast the parties sell out this fall and Christmas. That will be another good barometer. None of the Halloween parties have sold out - including the first one or the one on actual Halloween. October 31st sold out on July 1st last year.

Also we are not making a big enough deal of BBB being open for walk ups. That’s unheard of.

the_rich

I will be interested to see how fast the parties sell out this fall and Christmas. That will be another good barometer. None of the Halloween parties have sold out - including the first one or the one on actual Halloween. October 31st sold out on July 1st last year.

Also we are not making a big enough deal of BBB being open for walk ups. That’s unheard of.
It was last year at the end of august.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Are people forgetting that before the pandemic the decades-long custom of Summer being packed with guests and the Fall being the 'dead times' got reversed with Summer crowds becoming light and Fall crowds being packed?

Besides being cooler (a relative term, I know) in the Fall, I would plan an October and early December trips to WDW to purposely experience 'light crowds.'

And then that stopped. The Fall became heavy crowds and the Summer, light.

Remember?

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Are people forgetting that before the pandemic the decades-long custom of Summer being packed with guests and the Fall being the 'dead times' got reversed with Summer crowds becoming light and Fall crowds being packed?

Besides being cooler (a relative term, I know) in the Fall, I would plan an October and early December trips to WDW to purposely experience 'light crowds.'

Remember?

Summer was “less busy” but it wasn’t dead like we are seeing or hearing now IMO. But clearly the fall and winter are also looking soft considering they’re offering up to 40% off rooms with an AP and 35% off with D+ through Christmas this winter.

They were trying to spread crowds out evenly over the year so there were no “slow” seasons anymore and I think they accomplished that, but there is clear evidence of a downturn in bookings based on the evidence that is being presented (and it doesn’t appear to be a small downturn).

Pepper's Ghost

I know this might come across bad, but I'm thrilled to see a potential downturn in attendance and hope it's long term. I'm not hoping for the demise of WDW. I'm hoping for a wake-up call at the top. I'm hoping someone really important (whoever that needs to be) realizes that they need to stop gouging consumers who've been loyal for decades, and start bringing back value in the form of more and better offerings (rides, shows, food), better maintenance, stop nickle and diming, yada, yada, yada. This would be a fantastic development for us diehards. This is the shakeup we really need so these boards can go back to discussing exciting new developments rather than talking about Apple chargers, etc. 🤣

TheMaxRebo

Remember?
1687786420606.png

Lilofan

I know this might come across bad, but I'm thrilled to see a potential downturn in attendance and hope it's long term. I'm not hoping for the demise of WDW. I'm hoping for a wake-up call at the top. I'm hoping someone really important (whoever that needs to be) realizes that they need to stop gouging consumers who've been loyal for decades, and start bringing back value in the form of more and better offerings (rides, shows, food), better maintenance, stop nickle and diming, yada, yada, yada. This would be a fantastic development for us diehards. This is the shakeup we really need so these boards can go back to discussing exciting new developments rather than talking about Apple chargers, etc. 🤣
Potential downturn in a business and belts are tightened in terms of expenses to run an operation including cutting hours of staff. These approaches occur first before some that lose their jobs because of downfall in business.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom