Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Vacation club on cash. Sorry should have clarified. We are not DVC members but I’ve found that a 1 bedroom at AKL is sometimes cheaper than a regular deluxe room and with a 3 and 1 year old the space is invaluable. Plus my 3 year old loves the bus so we don’t mind the transportation options (and frankly, unless you’re going to MK it makes more sense to drive).
Gotcha

don’t know…would be interesting. Of course they sell some dvc rooms as cash everywhere - obscure law requires it - but I don’t know if they would “walk” that reservation to another?

TheMaxRebo

Vacation club on cash. Sorry should have clarified. We are not DVC members but I’ve found that a 1 bedroom at AKL is sometimes cheaper than a regular deluxe room and with a 3 and 1 year old the space is invaluable. Plus my 3 year old loves the bus so we don’t mind the transportation options (and frankly, unless you’re going to MK it makes more sense to drive).
we did the 1 bedroom at Kidani our last trip for our family of 5 and it worked out quite well. The space is quite considerable and having the 2 bathrooms (at Kidani, I don't think Jambo does) was great too. Room was really big - we had some friends over and 8 of us had dinner (got "to go" from Sanaa which was excellent and very affordable by sharing things) and didn't feel crowded at all.

we loved it as an option - though upcoming we are just staying at a 5person room in a moderate which is saving us some money (especially as it was 35% off)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

we did the 1 bedroom at Kidani our last trip for our family of 5 and it worked out quite well. The space is quite considerable and having the 2 bathrooms (at Kidani, I don't think Jambo does) was great too. Room was really big - we had some friends over and 8 of us had dinner (got "to go" from Sanaa which was excellent and very affordable by sharing things) and didn't feel crowded at all.

we loved it as an option - though upcoming we are just staying at a 5person room in a moderate which is saving us some money (especially as it was 35% off)
…guess you fellas missed out on the “cheap” dvc days way back when, huh?

Sandurz

They’re clearly trying to stimulate bookings but it isn’t working. The recent promotion while limited in room type shows this. I find it interesting that while it should include most hotels, many of them while having available rooms during the promo period don’t have inventory as part of the promo.

Yet the rooms that are part of the promo aren’t moving.

Coming soon I’m expecting a fire sale on tickets or a large expanse of the promos for the fall and winter.
not working? The hotel booking site had a 30 minute queue on it immediately when those promos dropped. I've never dabbled with free dining in the past so maybe it's common for certain promos but there was definitely a response.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
not working? The hotel booking site had a 30 minute queue on it immediately when those promos dropped. I've never dabbled with free dining in the past so maybe it's common for certain promos but there was definitely a response.
Those are mostly existing bookings to change the price

That’s why they’ll call and wait. All geeked up

jpeden

In the Parks
No

As @Sirwalterraleigh noted a large amount of those are people (like me) trying to change bookings to get the promo. The real way you know it isn’t working well is the same rooms they released when the up to 40% discount dropped (and it was up to 40% for AP’s) are for the most part still available.

Another huge hold on inventory were travel agents holding discounts for clients to see if they wanted to upgrade or stay where they were (since the TA is going to make more commission if the client upgrades) - mine had three rooms on hold for me until she could get in touch with me and I told her what we wanted.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Here’s another reason attendance may be going down. This is a DVC villa at Beach Club members pay large sums of money for as well as maintenance fees each month. A friend sent this to me to see. Not a good look

Wow. Just wow. That is unacceptable, especially for Disney and especially for the amount of either cash paid or investment made in DVC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom