Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Disstevefan1

Depends on who you ask. 😂
I think the "Disney Data" is saying room bookings are down so that means attendance is down?

But the general consciences is the parks still feel crowded because of:
The LL system.
General lack of attractions.
Attractions going down.
Attractions, when they are up, no running at full capacity.

Its ironic how things has changed.

Before front of the line systems, it was "good for business" to keep attractions working at full capacity.

Today, its "good for business" to have:
Attractions going down.

So folks feel the need to purchase the front of the line options.

LSLS

I think the "Disney Data" is saying room bookings are down so that means attendance is down?

But the general consciences is the parks still feel crowded because of:
The LL system.
Attractions going down.

Its ironic how things has changed.

Before front of the line systems, it was "good for business" to keep attractions working at full capacity.

Today, its "good for business" to have:
Attractions going down.

So folks feel the need to purchase the front of the line options.
"Disney Data" would be the quarterly reports Disney puts out where they ADMIT attendance was down. We will see if it's down even more, stayed the same, or had some sort of an increase from last years disaster in a few days.

BrianLo

"Disney Data" would be the quarterly reports Disney puts out where they ADMIT attendance was down. We will see if it's down even more, stayed the same, or had some sort of an increase from last years disaster in a few days.

While this trend starts mid Q3 based on the start date of this thread, I’m quite a bit more curious on Q4.

I’d be surprised if Disney wasn’t down YoY Q3 given how badly Universal was.

lewisc

Yes, I meant the numbers of rooms were already brought down by the mothballing - and occupancy numbers are still down.
Do we have exact numbers? Anecdotally we think the total number of guests are down. Do we have any information regarding the exact number of rooms which have been mothballed?

A blogger posts something. Other bloggers, and websites pick it up. Suddenly the internet accepts it as fact

JoeCamel

Do we have exact numbers? Anecdotally we think the total number of guests are down. Do we have any information regarding the exact number of rooms which have been mothballed?

A blogger posts something. Other bloggers, and websites pick it up. Suddenly the internet accepts it as fact
Empty parking lots don't lie, its a fact they have shuttered blocks of rooms

ConfettiCupcake

They sure don’t seem to be pricing resorts like they want people to be start booking them. Those late in the year dates have a hefty discount, but $575 or so for the mid range deluxes - I saw YC and BWI in that ballpark - certainly doesn’t have me running to book a trip.

Is occupancy low across the board or is it certain resorts?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Depends on who you ask. 😂
The truth cares not for perceptions or opinions

We never get exact numbers…they’re never disclosed
They sure don’t seem to be pricing resorts like they want people to be start booking them. Those late in the year dates have a hefty discount, but $575 or so for the mid range deluxes - I saw YC and BWI in that ballpark - certainly doesn’t have me running to book a trip.

Is occupancy low across the board or is it certain resorts?
Across the board…much worse at the top

LSLS

We know the occupancy numbers are down correct? And those have been brought down by mothballing wings / buildings.
We've definitely had insiders say it's worse this year, but not sure we've heard anything about how much worse. The one we do know is that actual park attendance was absolutely down last year. It may be down this year, we find out soon. BUT, my own highly anecdotal evidence (which means virtually nothing, but throwing it out there), it was busier this year the week of the 4th than last year. Still nowhere near historic levels, but it wasn't totally dead like it was in 2023.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We've definitely had insiders say it's worse this year, but not sure we've heard anything about how much worse. The one we do know is that actual park attendance was absolutely down last year. It may be down this year, we find out soon. BUT, my own highly anecdotal evidence (which means virtually nothing, but throwing it out there), it was busier this year the week of the 4th than last year. Still nowhere near historic levels, but it wasn't totally dead like it was in 2023.
Anecdotal…but I had pics sent to me over the 4th week with empty concourses midday

I was there over the Memorial Day weekend (along with a couple other from here) and it reminded me of 2002. I posted a picture of crystal palace at 12:30 on Friday wish all the employees standing in front bored…nobody in the restaurant, on the porch, or even walking by.

It was a wet fish across the face.

Wasn’t just there…there was no one in shops or eateries for 5 days solid

You do the math

Andrew25

Based on SeaWorld's latest quarterly report, it seems like attendance increased about ~1% while revenue stagnated in Q2 this year. Which sounds to me like discounts are working, but people are spending less. (SeaWorld does provide a ridiculous amount of free tickets, so the number of paying guests is heavily inflated)

My guess is we don't see a massive drop at UOR/WDW, but admission per capita is down. The worrying sign will be if in-park per capita is also down. That's a number that ideally you'd like to keep flat at the very least.

John park hopper

Chrystal Palace pricing is beyond belief no wonder it's empty. Many years ago we would eat their before character meals and it was reasonable priced --not any more

Jan 26, 2024 — Breakfast is currently priced at $48 per adult and $30 per child. ...
lets remember a child is 9 and under

Family of 4 -2 adults and 2 kids over 9 just shy of 200 dollars for breakfast --no wonder it's empty

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom