Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah, our state doesn't care if it's excused or unexcused - an absence is an absence when it comes to tallying chronic absenteeism.

one of the pieces I read yesterday that was talking about summer slowness before the pandemic was also talking about there being a greater shift to year-round schooling, so that may play a part also. We don't have year round schooling here, but my district does have a tendency to create 3 day school weeks that aren't attached to holidays..a lot of people travel during those weeks.

It’s time to dump the 9/10 month calendar

I mean…it was designed for farming

It would help Disney…if they don’t continue to try and bankrupt themselves

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Wait times are definitely down. Not sure how much of that is due to the DAS change.

I've heard table-service dining numbers are well into scary-low territory, with well-known and popular places at maybe 50% capacity some nights.

Here's Akershus for 6 pm dinner this past Friday:

View attachment 790563
Just quoting this from the DAS thread from @lentesta

This Is Fine GIF

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I just spent £10k english to travel from uk,
flights for 5
3 Adults 2 kids
14 days tickets (this is roughly £2.8k)
1k dollars of food credits
transfer to and from airport
disney music hotel
$200 gift card
It racks up

If a us traveler wanted 14 days of passes…the “deal” would be annual passes for either $5000or $7500

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I am not making an excuse for anyone, I am simply stating that there is more competition than ever for tourist dollars and Disney no longer has those tourists all to themselves as they might have 2 years ago.
I don’t think you’re doing it on purpose…but that is what lying Bob tried to spin last year

“It’s hot”…which never seemed to be much of a problem in Florida for the first 50 years

But also the really awful one:
“We’re so awesome…people ran to us. And it was so awesome…now they have to take time off to recover”

One thing needs time off…the wallet.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Honestly I liked Akershus. I liked the food, my daughter loved the Princesses. It was definitely too expensive for what it was, but I could justify it some. That was when it was like $45. It's like $20 a person MORE now.
Some places are wearing those 300%+ price increases in 20 years better than others

Angel Ariel

Whoa….. be our guest is $70 for lunch!?!? And the Castle is $84!?
Pretty sure both places went to fixed price menus for both lunch and dinner. Reasons why we won't be going back to either. Character meal interactions are often so short, and neither DD nor I are going to eat all of that food - it's just not worth it.

Now, Plaza Inn breakfast character meal at DLR? Yeah, that's still worth it.

Club Cooloholic

I do agree, and. At least in my state, absenteeism rates during school are through the roof. There are state wide initiatives to address it because it's such a big issue across the state. There's at least some hypothesizing that post-Covid, adults aren't as married to waiting for school breaks to travel as they might have been pre-Covid. There's other reasons than vacation also, but vacations are a part of it.

I don’t think you’re doing it on purpose…but that is what lying Bob tried to spin last year

“It’s hot”…which never seemed to be much of a problem in Florida for the first 50 years

But also the really awful one:
“We’re so awesome…people ran to us. And it was so awesome…now they have to take time off to recover”

One thing needs time off…the wallet.
This is a case where I think there is some truth to some things but here's the real problem. They really did have a bunch of people come running to them, but then the product they put out wasn't something that everyone said. Oh, that was such a fantastic experience. I can't wait to go back again now they really blew it. They had a chance to really impress a lot of people and instead they reach for their wallets

Angel Ariel

This is a case where I think there is some truth to some things but here's the real problem. They really did have a bunch of people come running to them, but then the product they put out wasn't something that everyone said. Oh, that was such a fantastic experience. I can't wait to go back again now they really blew it. They had a chance to really impress a lot of people and instead they reach for their wallets
Agreed wholeheartedly

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Bingo…

But you just said the quiet part outloud

It goes against the house of ego to ever acknowledge that part exists

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom