Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Lilofan

But Bob blames the lack of crowds on it being too dang hot.
Try going this Memorial Day to WDW with the forecasted high in Orlando of 100 degrees not counting the heat index. Don't count on a breeze by the lagoon. Any leftover food from a quick service place one can just reheat inside your microwave , I mean interior of your car.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Try going this Memorial Day to WDW with the forecasted high in Orlando of 100 degrees not counting the heat index. Don't count on a breeze by the lagoon. Any leftover food from a quick service place one can just reheat inside your microwave , I mean interior of your car.
I’ll be there. I’ll let you know if I melt.

Jrb1979

Top Thrill 2 ride shut down after only operating one week? Now that's looking like a dud. But since it is not Disney it is not much newsworthy.
It has been major news. It's not a dud at all. The issue is they weren't expecting the forces from the coaster to put the amount of stress on the trains. They are working on a fix and it should be back up and running soon.

LSLS

Top Thrill 2 ride shut down after only operating one week? Now that's looking like a dud. But since it is not Disney it is not much newsworthy.
They are reworking the cars to make it a little less shaky from reports. It was actually pretty widely loved the few days it ran. But weird take to say it's not Disney so not newsworthy. Plenty of Disney ride fixes don't get a ton of coverage, and the ones they don't fix are more jokes at this point than actually getting covered.

Lilofan

It has been major news. It's not a dud at all. The issue is they weren't expecting the forces from the coaster to put the amount of stress on the trains. They are working on a fix and it should be back up and running soon.
So safety concerns to address to prevent injuries or death. Good for CP to address.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
The absolute killer is that AKL is a few tweaks and a transportation rethink away from being a showstopper, and likely a top-5 resort for them.

Alas...

We love AKL and if we didn't have to lug a double stroller on the bus we'd stay there more often. It really is only maybe 5 more minutes away from stuff than other resorts but there is this perception that it's "so far" out there that it gets hurt. It's absolutely a top 5 resort for us - Poly, AKL, WL, Boardwalk, and YC/BC.

Lilofan

Nothing to do with that at all. This happens a lot with new attractions. Rides are very safe, you're more likely to get hurt driving to the park then on the rides.
I will disagree. Due to safety issues that ride was closed in less than a week. Better now than after an injury or death. Highly anticipated ride opening which it did than closed shortly after for " mechanical modifications ". Sounds like good PR verbiage that the ride was not safe to operate. Yea, right happens a lot Lol. . ...

Last edited:

Jrb1979

I will disagree. Due to safety issues that ride was closed in less than a week. Better now than after an injury or death. Highly anticipated ride opening which it did than closed shortly after for " mechanical modifications ". Sounds like good PR verbiage that the ride was not safe to operate. Yea, right happens a lot Lol. . ...
It's not closed due to safety reasons at all. It could still run if they chose to run it. The part that they are working on is one they change multiple times a season. The issue is the part is not lasting as long as they hoped.

New coasters go down a lot when they first open. If you went to more than just Disney you would know.

Lilofan

It's not closed due to safety reasons at all. It could still run if they chose to run it. The part that they are working on is one they change multiple times a season. The issue is the part is not lasting as long as they hoped.

New coasters go down a lot when they first open. If you went to more than just Disney you would know.
Surely you jest, ironic shortly closing the entire ride after its grand opening🤔

Grimley1968

We love AKL and if we didn't have to lug a double stroller on the bus we'd stay there more often. It really is only maybe 5 more minutes away from stuff than other resorts but there is this perception that it's "so far" out there that it gets hurt. It's absolutely a top 5 resort for us - Poly, AKL, WL, Boardwalk, and YC/BC.

I hate that AKL has only buses to the parks, but being able to ride a bus straight to MK without having to drive to the TTC, walk or wait for a tram, and then wait forever for a monorail or ferry boat makes a huge difference when dealing with little ones and strollers. At that point, the superior theming, dining, etc. of AKL versus moderates or values is something one has to decide if it's worth the extra cost. The only moderates or values I'd consider these days are ones on the Skyliner; but that's just for the ease of getting to those two parks.

Buses aren't the most fun way to get anywhere, but WDW has always seemed to run them efficiently over the years more consistently than the monorails or the boats (though I have a fondness for all the boats except the big ferry boats).

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I’ll be there. I’ll let you know if I melt.

Wait a minute. It's going to be hot in Orlando close to June? Does The Weather Channel know about this??? They should dedicate days of programming to this never-before-seen weather phenomenon.

We thank you for your selfless sacrifice to bring us boots-on-the-ground updates from the epicenter of this unprecedented and extreme heat that would undoubtedly cause lesser men to turn to ash. Oh wait, that's the Skyliner. Just avoid that when you're there.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Wait a minute. It's going to be hot in Orlando close to June? Does The Weather Channel know about this??? They should dedicate days of programming to this never-before-seen weather phenomenon.

We thank you for your selfless sacrifice to bring us boots-on-the-ground updates from the epicenter of this unprecedented and extreme heat that would undoubtedly cause lesser men to turn to ash. Oh wait, that's the Skyliner. Just avoid that when you're there.
Fire Elmo GIF

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom