Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Lilofan

This is very common in the hospitality industry. There is nothing illegal about it. We did this frequently with our hotel on the booking sites and it is perfectly legal. When you see 1 room left on the hotels resale sites, it just mean I have fifteen of that type and will add another to the inventory when someone books it.

This is a lie. "out of service" is how you don't have to report a room as inventory. A room without a working toilet or P-Tech air conditioner can not be rented and is out of service. Also if you are doing a refurb and the rooms are under construction of some sort they are not in your inventory. There are many other reasons, but one of them is if you do not have the staffing to service the rooms. It does not matter if you don't have enough employees to service the rooms, or your choose not to staff employees you have. I owned a hotel three miles from WDW for many years. Occupancy is a shell game. The quote from WDW you put out has the word "temporarily" in it. That would be a room that would be a room taken offline for a short period due to a housekeeping or another problem a guest or a staff member discovered when getting the room ready. An "out of service room" is never counted in inventory.
Occupancy however the owner calculates it is all said and done but Wall Street cares about is revenues and did it beat Wall Street estimates.

pigglewiggle

The problem with your choice is that category would never become unavailable. As they sell the scarce room type, they just add a few more. It will appear that only a few are left but it will be that way forever.

The category we did want originally is now gone.
If I didn't read here, I wouldn't read any of this speculation of why rooms are or are not available, I would just know they are disappearing. We are happy with our choice to book now, prices will most likely only go up if they change at all.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The category we did want originally is now gone.
If I didn't read here, I wouldn't read any of this speculation of why rooms are or are not available, I would just know they are disappearing. We are happy with our choice to book now, prices will most likely only go up if they change at all.
I might have missed this…but what did you book?

Lilofan

Stock price is future expectation.
Partially correct, also stock price is driven by company earnings, supply and demand, and if they beat the Street. Also in companies that are struggling , when a company restructures ( ie layoffs ) , Wall Street reacts with a positive tone also at times when they see the company execs making moves with the company.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We wanted Wilderness Lodge pool/courtyard view, but that was gone by the time we booked. Booked AKL instead.
I gotcha

The problem with wilderness is they dumped half the rooms for dvc…because they were sitting empty

So now supply is constricted.

That’s what you call “manufactured demand”

Also demand around the holidays there is much higher. Just like beach/boardwalk etc during food and wine

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I gotcha

The problem with wilderness is they dumped half the rooms for dvc…because they were sitting empty

So now supply is constricted.

That’s what you call “manufactured demand”

Also demand around the holidays there is much higher. Just like beach/boardwalk etc during food and wine

Demand wasn't too high at the holidays apparently because in January I was offered 35% off rooms at WL (including CCV and BRV) and I was able to snag a 1 bedroom in Copper Creek for that discount. I thought it was insane they were already offering 35% discounts for December in January.

But, unprecedented demand and all.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Demand wasn't too high at the holidays apparently because in January I was offered 35% off rooms at WL (including CCV and BRV) and I was able to snag a 1 bedroom in Copper Creek for that discount. I thought it was insane they were already offering 35% discounts for December in January.

But, unprecedented demand and all.
Now you’re only overpaying by 30% 😎

DisneyDreamerxyz

many rooms are blocked (not being used) at some resorts

All these posts about Disney having multiple buildings blocked off at multiple resorts due to low occupancy are completely inaccurate. I say this as someone who may work in this line of business. Every resort has at least a few rooms out of inventory on any given day due to engineering issues that are not a quick fix but they are definitely not holding rooms. If the room type you are trying to book is showing not available it’s not available for simple. Some room types maybe have 5 or less available at a resort like a roll-in shower or wheel chair accessible room, and it’s first come first serve who gets them. Guests checking in and asking to change their room type and not understanding that what they want isn’t available is a common issue. It’s like when someone complains about a lighting lane not being available without remembering there are thousands of people also looking for the same thing you are.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
All these posts about Disney having multiple buildings blocked off at multiple resorts due to low occupancy are completely inaccurate. I say this as someone who may work in this line of business. Every resort has at least a few rooms out of inventory on any given day due to engineering issues that are not a quick fix but they are definitely not holding rooms. If the room type you are trying to book is showing not available it’s not available for simple. Some room types maybe have 5 or less available at a resort like a roll-in shower or wheel chair accessible room, and it’s first come first serve who gets them. Guests checking in and asking to change their room type and not understanding that what they want isn’t available is a common issue. It’s like when someone complains about a lighting lane not being available without remembering there are thousands of people also looking for the same thing you are.
That’s not the same point. OOO rooms are always thing for a variety of reasons. Nobody is disputing that.

You are ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN the rack is open?

So when I look and there are rooms available at 25 locations for tonight and 21 into the holiday weekend…those are just the “last couple” rooms open?

In my day (experience)…that dog don’t hunt

Andrew25

There are multiple reports from several hotel wings (like the entirety of Port Orleans French Quarter) not being filled in and left empty.

The benefit of having some of these larger resorts with spread out buildings is being able to shutter them off completely without people recognizing it.

Edit: Every hotel has a handful of rooms available/off sale, but Disney can easily shut off a few buildings (or entire resort) to save on operating costs.

LSLS

There are multiple reports from several hotel wings (like the entirety of Port Orleans French Quarter) not being filled in and left empty.

The benefit of having some of these larger resorts with spread out buildings is being able to shutter them off completely without people recognizing it.

Edit: Every hotel has a handful of rooms available/off sale, but Disney can easily shut off a few buildings (or entire resort) to save on operating costs.
This. People aren't mentioning a few rooms being offline for various reasons, there have been insider reports of entire wings being shuttered.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This. People aren't mentioning a few rooms being offline for various reasons, there have been insider reports of entire wings being shuttered.
There is a general misunderstand of how easy it is to put things on low occ and hide it/have no one notice.

CRS forecasts allow you too see it with plenty of runway and just have them not show and few people managing the rooms even notice. And if it “got busy”…which hasn’t happened for literally decades…POOF! You pop them back onto the rack.

The way the hotels are designed…entire lodge units (extreme cases) can go down without much notice. But in the case of deluxes, the ends of wings, upper floors can go away with little fanfare.

Honestly…this sounds like a cast smokescreen. They never think it’s slow…because it creates worry over already low pay…and the management is not told or doesn’t tell the truth - under orders - if they do.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
It is not inaccurate, many know this as fact. Working in this line of business doesn’t mean that’s how Disney does and is doing things.

Grimley1968

Weren't some photos shown on this thread earlier that showed entire buildings of a moderate or value resort, not just wings, being shuttered (or presumably so by the emptiness of their associated parking lots)?

LSLS

Weren't some photos shown on this thread earlier that showed entire buildings of a moderate or value resort, not just wings, being shuttered (or presumably so by the emptiness of their associated parking lots)?
Yeah, for moderates it's buildings. Pretty sure we had confirmation of wings with like DAK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom