Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

nickys

Premium Member
When youve already paid for a 3 week tickets, you're hardly not going to attend.

What you DO actually do is make the best you can of it and vote with your feet in future, which is what we are doing with never coming back.
Where did you get a 3 week ticket? They’re not on sale on the U.K. site.

TheMaxRebo

Don't you find it amazing how they work all through the night (lets pretend they do) and after 8 hours cannot get it working for park opening, but 30 minutes after the park opens...like Mickey Mouse Magic, and like clockwork, then get it working.

It just doesn't add up sorry. If they are working through the night (which they arent) then they need to pretend the park opens at 7.30..so they can magically get it working by the real opening time of 8:30.

What you're saying is, they are incompetent from 9pm till 8.30am, but then finally able to work their magic between 8.30 and 9am? Don't you find that a massive coincidence?

I know for a fact, they don't start sending karts round until a few minutes before the park opens...maybe send them round at 7am instead and iron out any issues before the park opens, not WHEN the park opens.

but it isn't always up at regular park opening oftne ... I have never seen it not open during extra hours but then open right at regular opening

Wouldn't they want it opening to promote it as a reason to pay the high costs for resort stays to have the benefit? If not, why are only some rides down? Why not 7DMT or other ILL rides?

They definitely could put more into maintenance in general and they definitely sometimes scale back capacity on some rides ... Rise is just that complicated and challenging to get going I think the issues with it specifically at times (and not just park opening but during the day often) are legit

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Don't you find it amazing how they work all through the night (lets pretend they do) and after 8 hours cannot get it working for park opening, but 30 minutes after the park opens...like Mickey Mouse Magic, and like clockwork, then get it working.

It just doesn't add up sorry. If they are working through the night (which they arent) then they need to pretend the park opens at 7.30..so they can magically get it working by the real opening time of 8:30.

What you're saying is, they are incompetent from 9pm till 8.30am, but then finally able to work their magic between 8.30 and 9am? Don't you find that a massive coincidence?

I know for a fact, they don't start sending karts round until a few minutes before the park opens...maybe send them round at 7am instead and iron out any issues before the park opens, not WHEN the park opens.
Are you inferring something?

Because all that would Do is cause longer than reasonable line waits a 9 am when the app switched on and everyone else showed up.

Now why would anyone do that?

Dranth

I can’t argue with any of that…not one bit and I’m adding to that “recipe”

The poster I quoted had a very valid point: everyone should always look for the positives when they travel.

My issue is once you get home…and in the future: do what makes sense as the consumer. When things are bad - reject them. Everyone is better off.

We are well past time for blind loyalty for a company being run this badly - until they fix that
I don't disagree and I know you are laying out what you believe to be a reasonable and necessary approach to help address the issues many of us are seeing. All I am saying is that even if the answer is that simple, the execution never is.

For example, I could point out that you went to WDW not that long ago, still own a DVC contract and have a D+ subscription. All of those mean that you still are or have recently put money in Iger's pocket. If I am to buy into your "rejection of bad" theory then by extension you must believe D+, DVC and the parks are all still run well enough to warrant you spending money on them.

We both know that isn't true so why are you violating your own proposed solution to fix all these problems?

For me, the answer to that question is that reality is never that simple. You have your reasons just like we all do and I bet they are a lot more complex than "Disney Good" or "Disney Bad".

No ones trip should be viewed as some implicit nod of approval for whoever is currently in charge or how the company is currently handling its business. All it means is the reasons for going outweighed the reasons not to for that particular trip.

Ayla

While everyone is piling on here... people are glossing over the real point.

The point about the 'early entry' value being garbage if the rides you're going to the park for aren't even available is a valid one.

This isn't someone showing up at park entry time and expecting 100% service at 30 seconds after park opening. They are trying to use a PERK that Disney uses to help sell their overpriced hotels... only to find said perk is pointless if the marque attractions you're going to the park FOR... aren't available.

Some perk eh?
I 100% agree with this point.

twilight mitsuk

with a halloween party throw in starting in august

Thepuma

Are you inferring something?

Because all that would Do is cause longer than reasonable line waits a 9 am when the app switched on and everyone else showed up.

Now why would anyone do that?
I'm definitely inferring something.

And you will be to unless you can answer why these so called 'working through the night' technicians cannot get a ride working after working on them between 9pm and 8pm, but can magically get them working at 9am?

Either they aren't working through the night and only turn the machines on just before park opens or they are magicians who although they couldn't get it working in 11 hours through the night, can magically make them work 60 minutes after the park opens.

So for me..its either 1) A purposefully late opening or 2) The maintenence don't clock in till 8.30am

Either or.

It just can't be coincidence...if it is I want Disney to give me the lottery numbers this week.lol

el_super

The point about the 'early entry' value being garbage if the rides you're going to the park for aren't even available is a valid one.

What would be a fair way to compensate people for that? What portion of the overall value of the early entry can be attributed the availability of just one ride (and potentially being closed just a small portion of the early entry time)?

When youve already paid for a 3 week tickets, you're hardly not going to attend.

Have you gone to guest relations at all? Have you engaged in any form of service recovery with Disney? You don't have to ask for a refund to still allow them to hear your thoughts and potentially be compensated for your time.

And you will be to unless you can answer why these so called 'working through the night' technicians cannot get a ride working after working on them between 9pm and 8pm, but can magically get them working at 9am?

Not all attraction delays/closures are caused by maintenance technicians. This is an important critical point you keep expressing ignorance on.

Rides have to be properly handed over between maintenance teams and ride ops and the critical point of review happens just before opening.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't disagree and I know you are laying out what you believe to be a reasonable and necessary approach to help address the issues many of us are seeing. All I am saying is that even if the answer is that simple, the execution never is.
I feel the love 🥰
For example, I could point out that you went to WDW not that long ago, still own a DVC contract and have a D+ subscription. All of those mean that you still are or have recently put money in Iger's pocket. If I am to buy into your "rejection of bad" theory then by extension you must believe D+, DVC and the parks are all still run well enough to warrant you spending money on them.
All true…I am a baked in customer…more on that below
We both know that isn't true so why are you violating your own proposed solution to fix all these problems?
Do I? Do I give Bob the exposed hack money?
I do…some

My consumption patterns have dropped alot over the last 10 years. They’re “gaining” from me…but losing a lot to other offerings at the same time. Mostly high profit/low overhead stuff too.

Think of it like a Disney Star Wars movie.
For me, the answer to that question is that reality is never that simple. You have your reasons just like we all do and I bet they are a lot more complex than "Disney Good" or "Disney Bad".
Definitely. Not a “one size” thing
No ones trip should be viewed as some implicit nod of approval for whoever is currently in charge or how the company is currently handling its business. All it means is the reasons for going outweighed the reasons not to for that particular trip.
Well the reason I say anything - full disclosure - stems from many years ago on other forums where I didn’t even post.

I don’t expect the one timers to listen to me…they shouldn’t.

But it’s been decades of people spreading bad advice because they can’t separate their week(s) from their own lives - and I almost pity it - from the simple fact Disneys job is to exploit us.

That’s not their fault - it’s business…the counter to that is “responsible consumerism”

Like don’t fall for the “experience” stuff. It’s deliberate and very obvious.
Enjoy it…repeat it…but be honest about it. Think with self respect.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm definitely inferring something.

Either they aren't working through the night and only turn the machines on just before park opens or they are magicians who although they couldn't get it working in 11 hours through the night, can magically make them work 60 minutes after the park opens.

So for me..its either 1) A purposefully late opening or 2) The maintenence don't clock in till 8.30am

Either or.

It just can't be coincidence...if it is I want Disney to give me the lottery numbers this week.lol
I’m totally being sarcastic…

But there’s truth in every joke.

People will defend them, get indignant, and ask “why?!?!?”

I laid out the “why”…not that I’m supporting the theory

Thepuma

What would be a fair way to compensate people for that? What portion of the overall value of the early entry can be attributed the availability of just one ride (and potentially being closed just a small portion of the early entry time)?

Have you gone to guest relations at all? Have you engaged in any form of service recovery with Disney? You don't have to ask for a refund to still allow them to hear your thoughts and potentially be compensated for your time.

Not all attraction delays/closures are caused by maintenance technicians. This is an important critical point you keep expressing ignorance on.

Rides have to be properly handed over between maintenance teams and ride ops and the critical point of review happens just before opening.
But AGAIN...if this is such a long winded and in depth procedure, do it with enough time to get it up BEFORE the park opens. Don't do it at a time that almost always means the rude opens 30 minutes to 1 hour late.

If this complicated handover takes 1 hour, get this 'complicated procedure' done 2 hours before the park opens.

I shouldn't have to point out this as its obvious..so seeing as it's so obvious, and so easy to rectify, I can only assume Disney have cut hours and don't do these 'complicated handovers' till so close to the park opening that almost every day they miss the park opening time.

Trekkie101

I’m bamboozled by the idea UK theme parks are well run.

I live in the UK and frequent the likes of Alton Towers and Blackpool Pleasure Beach.

Neither are a patch on Disney, they aren’t in the same league. They both open rides later in the day, they both suffer technical issues, have higher waits, and less thematic queuing.

Most of them don’t ever open at the time Disney does either, and run a much shorter day.

The idea somehow the UK has it sorted is highly questionable.

I was in Disney last week, did not buy Genie+ or a single lightening lane, and had no issues. Most of the waits continue to be over exaggerated by a large %. Was a great trip.

The only negative that seems persistent in Orlando is immigration queues on entry. It’s rude, slow and entirely predictable.

celluloid

How many times does Hagrid's Motorbikes at Universal have a delayed opening/significant downtime due to maintenance? A lot. Going back to WDW, how many times did Test Track have a delayed opening back in the day when it was new and had lots of maintenance issues? Practically every day. Looking to the north - how often do Steel Vengeance and Maverick, arguably the two most popular coasters at Cedar Point, have a delayed opening or chunks of downtime due to maintenance issues? Quite often.

As rides are designed to be more dynamic and impressive, they are also significantly more complex. To take this personally and think WDW is doing this as a cheap money grab shows a lack of understanding of how the theme park industry works. These are complex machines and sometimes the computerized safety systems just need time to work out kinks.

A ride designed in 1989 and 1994 that have ran reliably before don't meet this same situation.

This is not the same as running a ride until have of it is blown and needs to close for repair for six months like Tower of Terror.

nickys

Premium Member

I live in the UK and frequent the likes of Alton Towers and Blackpool Pleasure Beach.

Neither are a patch on Disney, they aren’t in the same league. They both open rides later in the day, they both suffer technical issues, have higher waits, and less thematic queuing.

Most of them don’t ever open at the time Disney does either, and run a much shorter day.

I was in Disney last week, did not buy Genie+ or a single lightening lane, and had no issues. Most of the waits continue to be over exaggerated by a large %. Was a great trip.

The only negative that seems persistent in Orlando is immigration queues on entry. It’s rude, slow and entirely predictable.
Did you mean unpredictable?

Otherwise I agree. Legoland has ridiculously short hours even in the summer. The one thing I will say though is their prices are far, far better than the rip-off Legoland Florida prices. Around 25-30% of the price.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Disney parks were designed to run differently…so it was never meant to be 1:1

Thepuma

Nobody has ever said the actual theme parks and the attractions are better in the UK.

Also remember a one off day in Disney with a park hopper ticket is about 4 times the price of Alton Towers.

LittleBuford

Nobody has ever said the actual theme parks and the attractions are better in the UK.
You wrote, "I know for a fact if a UK theme park pulled the tricks Disney does the park would be empty and it would go out if business." A bit of an exaggeration, no? I wish the UK had a theme park half as good and well run as Disney!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom