Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

bmr1591

I did too…in 1997

It was a Tuscon so suvs are gonna be more money. But he could've stayed in any moderate and even some deluxe hotels for the same amount or less.

You mean $100?

A quick search right now for a rental car in Orlando on Priceline pulls up a low of $16 a day for a compact car. Mid size are around $25 a day. The only ones over $100 are luxury vehicles. Y’all should really look for deals instead of trusting the lady at the counter to have your best interest at heart.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
A quick search right now for a rental car in Orlando on Priceline pulls up a low of $16 a day for a compact car. Mid size are around $25 a day. The only ones over $100 are luxury vehicles. Y’all should really look for deals instead of trusting the lady at the counter to have your best interest at heart.
Oh ok…

Once they slap the fees and sucharges on….look out

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
This is one area where it pays to know if your company has a corporate discount rate with a car rental company. I saved hundreds while working at my former employer because we could use their discount for personal leisure bookings.

Most of the corporate codes out on the internet don't work anymore, they all did a huge purge of old corp codes during the pandemic. Not that it doesn't pay to do some deeper searching from time to time... 😇 The only drawback is if they require identification of some kind when you pick up the vehicle.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
This is one area where it pays to know if your company has a corporate discount rate with a car rental company. I saved hundreds while working at my former employer because we could use their discount for personal leisure bookings.

Most of the corporate codes out on the internet don't work anymore, they all did a huge purge of old corp codes during the pandemic. Not that it doesn't pay to do some deeper searching from time to time... 😇 The only drawback is if they require identification of some kind when you pick up the vehicle.

Yup. I get hertz rentals on full size cars for $39 a day with no drop fees on one way thanks to my company’s contract which they extend to personal rentals. Additionally one of my credit card’s grants me President’s Circle for free so I get any car on the lot for no more than $39/day with that.

It has saved me a ton on our travel and especially after 2020.

Absimilliard

then wait till you have a stone chip or ding in the door and out comes the $600 windshield or $750 Damage Repair and I am sure these cars are smaller than a shoe box

Economy car rental near MCO was notorious for advertising 10$ a day cars pre COVID. Once you took the rare shuttle there, you were stuck there (since strangely, the shuttle was never there to return you to the terminal if you changed your mind) until you agreed to their lies. You don't want our "optional insurance"? Then bring me your full 20 pages insurance contract to show me you have some. Your credit card doesn't look... and so on. Friends fell for the trap and a 3 day rental cost them like 200$ a day.

seabreezept813

When my wife and I went down a year ago in the summer, some of the nights at MK where the parks were open to like 11PM we noticed a lot of trash, but also noticed a ton of teenagers - it was like being at Six Flags. It seemed like every family let their teenage kids head back out to the parks after they left for the day.

Went back in December last year and it wasn't like that at all.

I think some days are hit or miss unfortunately.
Ya I remember seeing trash in the BTM queue the same trip a custodian talking to my girls told them to throw their trash on the floor so he’d have something to sweep up.. very miracle on 34th street moment

seabreezept813

😃The downside of online, and every time i try to make a joke its horrible so I definitelyknow my answer can go off kilter.
It's weird, we never tried ME. The first few years when we went there was only the Mears shuttle so we rented a car and when it premiered we were use to having a car we never went back. My neighbor who goes with her two girls really misses it, lol she misses them handling the luggage 😃
Don’t get me started on how they took away luggage delivery once I had 2 kids under 4😭 It was so nice to just have your bags show up in your room and not lug them around. Also ME would bring you to any hotel so if we were staying at POP but wanted to start our trip with a dinner at Chef Mickeys they’d just let us get on the Contemporary bus. It made eating at other hotels easier.

eliza61nyc

Aren’t those charts exciting?

But here’s the problem: bucket boy needs to be told that the crowds are significantly down at wdw…because they are.

It has nothing to do with “genie” times…as has been predicted for about a decade…and now it’s coming to pass. The chart is meaningless
What's come to pass??
Lol sort of like "predicting" a broken clock will be right twice a day 🤣
For 10 years folks have been "predicting" Disney's comeuppance and one quarter of decreased attendance the odds makers are right?
So next year if attendance goes back up, what's the prediction 🤔
Legit question, in the last decade is this the only time attendance has been down?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Aren’t those charts exciting?

But here’s the problem: bucket boy needs to be told that the crowds are significantly down at wdw…because they are.

It has nothing to do with “genie” times…as has been predicted for about a decade…and now it’s coming to pass. The chart is meaningless
exactly. Wait times can be (are) skewed to look like the parks are more crowded than they are and to sell more G+.

Splash4eva

We keep talking about attendance,wait times etc. bottom line is this none of that may matter if these people are spending excessive amounts of money to bring in the profit they need/want/expect. I guess we will soon find out with the earnings call but eveb that will not have any July numbers in it. Will be very interesting when they report

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
We keep talking about attendance,wait times etc. bottom line is this none of that may matter if these people are spending excessive amounts of money to bring in the profit they need/want/expect. I guess we will soon find out with the earnings call but eveb that will not have any July numbers in it. Will be very interesting when they report
I feel like this deluge of articles is all based on a single report from @lentesta about 4th of July crowds in particular. I haven't really seen anything else beyond that single data point that keeps getting recycled over and over again.

Splash4eva

Here is my thoughts from people i know who have gone consistently around this time annually for more than just the last few years… pretty much all said the same thing that crowds were a lighter but not empty but they also felt that these past years crowds were heavier than say maybe 6-7 years ago. Again this is nothing more than an eye test in the parks from people who have consistently gone for around the last 10 or so years right after school/July 4th week for the NY school year

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
interesting chart

IMG_5623.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom