Is Anybody Else Annoyed With Hyperspace Mountain's Stay?

mickEblu

Personally, I wouldn't call it harmonious with the original.. maybe lazy with a few added projections and a different soundtrack? Yet another unnecessary way for Chappy to sell us on Star Wars?

I mean I know it's not your intention, but I don't want to turn this into a HM vs HMH thread.

Let me put it another way. Let’s say you and a first timer happened to go to Disneyland in November and experience HMH, you could pretty much say they didn’t get to experience the Haunted Mansion. Now put that same first timer on Hyperspace Mountain. You could leave Disneyland that day and say they pretty much experienced the essence of Space Mountain. Thrills- check. Dark- check. Space- check. Just add a different soundtrack and A few bad projections.

That first timer goes back a second time and would feel like Haunted Mansion is a completely different ride where Space Mountain would feel like more or less the same experience.

HMH to HM is GOTG:MB to TOT. Only difference is it mercifully goes away and back to the original at some point.

Last edited:

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Let me put it another way. Let’s say you and a first timer happened to go to Disneyland in November and experience HMH, you could pretty much say they didn’t get to experience the Haunted Mansion. Now put that same first timer on Hyperspace Mountain. You could leave the Disneyland that day and say the pretty much experienced the essence of Space Mountain. Thrills- check. Dark- check. Just add a different soundtrack and A few bad projections.

That first timer goes back a second time and would feel like Haunted Mansion is a comely let different ride where Space Mountain would feel like more less the same experience.

HMH to HM is GOTG:MB to TOT

Hyperspace feels a decent amount different when compared to Space Mountain. Imagine having a Chocolate Cake. Now imagine having a Chocolate Cake with Disney's newest addition, Best Foods mayonnaise, inside. The former is Space, the latter is Hyperspace.

They're still chocolate cakes, but they will taste differently.

mickEblu

Hyperspace feels a decent amount different when compared to Space Mountain. Imagine having a Chocolate Cake. Now imagine having a Chocolate Cake with Disney's newest addition, Best Foods mayonnaise, inside. The former is Space, the latter is Hyperspace.

You just described HMH. The mayo on the chocolate cake is HMH. Hyperspace would be like maybe adding some mousse or raspberry filling. It’s adding something to it. Not necessarily making it better but it’s still essentially the same chocolate cake.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
You just described HMH. The mayo on the chocolate cake is HMH. Hyperspace would be like maybe adding some mousse or raspberry filling. It’s adding something to it. Not necessarily making it better but it’s still essentially the same chocolate cake.

This thread is not about HMH. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No

Please excuse my brashness. I don't think HSM is a bad ride. I mean I do think it's one big advertisement, which I could get over - but it's been active for longer than the ride it's "temporarily" replacing since its inception years ago. And a big chunk of the park is still Star Wars.

If it were in place 1 - 3 months a year I really wouldn't bat an eye. For now, this is overkill IMO.

Rich T

The mythical third park for DLR should have the layout shape of a gigantic cash register and it should contain nothing but off-the-shelf flat rides in a perpetual state of being rethemed to current IPs and holidays. Everything will exit into a gift shop—even the first aid station and restrooms.

EPCOTCenterLover

The mythical third park for DLR should have the layout shape of a gigantic cash register and it should contain nothing but off-the-shelf flat rides in a perpetual state of being rethemed to current IPs and holidays. Everything will exit into a gift shop—even the first aid station and restrooms.
They sort of tried that with DCA 1.0

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Let me put it another way. Let’s say you and a first timer happened to go to Disneyland in November and experience HMH, you could pretty much say they didn’t get to experience the Haunted Mansion. Now put that same first timer on Hyperspace Mountain. You could leave Disneyland that day and say they pretty much experienced the essence of Space Mountain. Thrills- check. Dark- check. Space- check. Just add a different soundtrack and A few bad projections.

That first timer goes back a second time and would feel like Haunted Mansion is a completely different ride where Space Mountain would feel like more or less the same experience.

HMH to HM is GOTG:MB to TOT. Only difference is it mercifully goes away and back to the original at some point.
BRAVO!!! WELL SAID!!!!!!!! THIS !!!!!

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Please excuse my brashness. I don't think HSM is a bad ride. I mean I do think it's one big advertisement, which I could get over - but it's been active for longer than the ride it's "temporarily" replacing since its inception years ago. And a big chunk of the park is still Star Wars.

If it were in place 1 - 3 months a year I really wouldn't bat an eye. For now, this is overkill IMO.
It's a bad ride that makes no sense in the context of either story line of NBC and HM itself and the Mansion has been around for 50 years in its original version so what the hell are you talking about man when you say " it's been active for longer than the ride it's "temporarily" replacing since its inception years ago."????

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
It's a bad ride that makes no sense in the context of either story line of NBC and HM itself and the Mansion has been around for 50 years in its original version so what the hell are you talking about man when you say " it's been active for longer than the ride it's "temporarily" replacing since its inception years ago."????

PAY ATTENTION DAWG! This thread is NOT about HMH! I typed "HSM" - in regard to Hyperspace Mountain and yes, it's a fact, we've had more Hyperspace than Space since it's inception.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom