Is Anybody Else Annoyed With Hyperspace Mountain's Stay?

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I'm more annoyed that Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, the Star Wars themed land in Disneyland doesn't have a fast paced roller coaster ride like Hyperspace Mnt. present in it.

They should've put in a coaster instead of a Millennium Falcon simulator (Star Tours 2.0).
I still haven't experienced Millennium Falcon so I have no idea if it's any good
I fear that Star Wars is going to maintain a big presence in Tomorrowland perhaps throughout all of 2020, until TDA gets their heads out of the sand and figures out what to do with the area.

I see the current situation as a no-win. If SW:GE had exceeded expectations, TL would've stayed in a Star Wars state to perhaps alleviate the crowds a little bit. Since SW:GE was a flop, i'm assuming TDA is spooked and decided to keep SW in TL to force excitement / advertisement on us. There's no positive here, IMO. The saturation is driving me crazy and frankly, it's dissuading me from obtaining a new annual pass.

SirWillow

I fear that Star Wars is going to maintain a big presence in Tomorrowland perhaps throughout all of 2020, until TDA gets their heads out of the sand and figures out what to do with the area.

2020? It's going to be around a lot longer than that. Star Tours isn't going anywhere. And there isn't any reason to move or close Launch Bay either. Those will both be around for years to come.

honestly, I don't think SWGE opening means any changes at all to Tomorrowland, and not sure where the thinking otherwise came from.

mickEblu

2020? It's going to be around a lot longer than that. Star Tours isn't going anywhere. And there isn't any reason to move or close Launch Bay either. Those will both be around for years to come.

honestly, I don't think SWGE opening means any changes at all to Tomorrowland, and not sure where the thinking otherwise came from.

I think Launch bay and Path of the Jedi are axed during the TL redo for a new attraction and better use of space. I think Hyperspace Mountain will continue to be an overlay (although less often with shorter stints) until the day GE gets its own Star Wars coaster. Star Tours I think stays around for at least the next 5 years and possibly even survives a TL redo unless they can rework the Falcon in a way that makes it more appealing (which I don’t see happening).

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Wow. I went in with an open mind and left disgusted . The projections were unacceptably dim - the ones that actually worked that is.. high school musical was blasting in the outdoor queue thanks to tomorrowland theater, which helped kill the mood. I asked the cast member at exit when Space was coming back.. he said he's asking himself the same question. Am I seeing things here? Is there a reason why this outlasted SoC? What a joke.

SuddenStorm

Wow. I went in with an open mind and left disgusted . The projections were unacceptably dim - the ones that actually worked that is.. high school musical was blasting in the outdoor queue thanks to tomorrowland theater, which helped kill the mood. I asked the cast member at exit when Space was coming back.. he said he's asking himself the same question. Am I seeing things here? Is there a reason why this outlasted SoC? What a joke.

Yeah, over the last few months Hyperspace has gotten progressively worse.

I actually think it'd be a stronger experience if it was just the Star Wars music + lightspeed lift hill effects, without the dialogue and projections found throughout the rest of the ride.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Yeah, over the last few months Hyperspace has gotten progressively worse.

I actually think it'd be a stronger experience if it was just the Star Wars music + lightspeed lift hill effects, without the dialogue and projections found throughout the rest of the ride.

Might go to show that TDA doesn't even care about it anymore? I wonder. There's gotta be some sort of conflict regarding this junk overlay.

Phroobar

High School Musical - The Mountain.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Space Mountain has a new entrance?

Sorry, texting via mobile. The new Tomorrowland entrance is decent.

SM entrance is the same except high school musical ambiance. There's no space chatter in the SM queue which was also a buzzkill. HSM has no right to exist right now in its current state, IMO.

SW:GE review to come when I get back.

Phroobar

SM entrance is the same except high school musical ambiance. There's no space chatter in the SM queue which was also a buzzkill. HSM has no right to exist right now in its current state, IMO.

HSM never had a right to exist. The "good guy" is actually the bad guy. Not a good message to send children. ;)

mickEblu

Yeah what happened to that space chatter anyway? Even when it’s not HSM, I don’t hear as much of it or that repeating echo noise I love so much. You guys know which one I’m talking about right? I think I’ve heard it once in the last few years.

Phroobar

Yeah what happened to that space chatter anyway? Even when it’s not HSM, I don’t hear as much of it or that repeating echo noise I love so much. You guys know which one I’m talking about right? I think I’ve heard it once in the last few years.
I also miss that Future World Epcot music they played outside. So does piped in music cost too much now?

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No

I do! I'm not sure what's happened but I miss it too. Other than the outdoor queue extension (to indoor), they've really neglected Space Mountain as a theme itself. They're doing an amazing job making me feel like I wasted my money for this trip.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Asked another CM when Space was coming back. He said "do you prefer the original too?" I said yeah haha. He said he's been asked several times from guests and hopes it comes back around Jan - Feb. Unfortunately CMs don't know and it sounds like they're kept out of the loop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom