Is Anybody Else Annoyed With Hyperspace Mountain's Stay?

MickeySoCal

Hyperspace Mountain will likely stay until the release of Ep IX as a marketing tie-in. Chapek is all about the marketing synergy. I think that is the only reason this overlay is back and still running. Expect a Ep IX preview in the theater just before release.

I think Chapek holds to the misplaced statement from Eisner where Disneyland is a place where you can ride the movies.

If anyone has ever seen the recent Chapek interview on SW:GE, he essentially says that continuously. It's all IP, marketing synergy, IP, sales, marking, IP, etc. ad infinitum.

Phroobar

Oh absolutely, but throwing it on a roller coaster about space exploration 40 years later isn't.
I would throw John Williams music on a roller coaster about space exploration in a heart beat. Disney could get him to write and conduct something original for it.

Phroobar

Anybody else miss Rockin’ Space Mountain?
Go Go dancers in SPACE!!!!!! I thought it was pretty good but it could have used different music. Considering the state of Disneyland at the time, they should have used No Doubt's Tragic Kingdom. I remember they used the Red Hot Chili Peppers on California Screamin. They chose the wrong song there too. It should have been Roller Coaster of Love.

On second thought, Tragic Kingdom would work pretty well on Space Mountain now with projections of vintage Disneyland all around us. The managers would never understand the double meaning.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
If Williams wrote a custom piece of music for Space Mountain and they gave us a proper Space Mountain with state of the art effects it would be amazing.

Possibly, there's no denying he's a composing legend. But I'll divert back to my original statement.. do you count John Williams SW music and a few projected Tie fighters as "creative"? Or, Hyperspace in its current state?

Phroobar

Possibly, there's no denying he's a composing legend. But I'll divert back to my original statement.. do you count John Williams SW music and a few projected Tie fighters as "creative"? Or, Hyperspace in its current state?
Yes, that is more creative than surf rock, no projections, unlit asteroid and broken light tunnel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom