Is Anybody Else Annoyed With Hyperspace Mountain's Stay?

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Does anyone have a hint as to when it might be SM again? I'm trying to schedule a trip either early Nov, or early Dec.

smooch

I think Hyperspace Mountain is better than Space Mountain in its current state. When I ride the original after riding Hyperspace I feel that it’s lacking in energy. The music in Hyperspace makes up for the poor projections. And for whatever reason it doesn’t feel as fast. I’m sure that’s psychological due to the music.

Serious question. What is missing from the original Space Mountain when the Hyperspace overlay is running? The soundtrack? Or is it a subtraction by addition for most people? For me it’s the same ride with more energy and a few bad projections.

Personally I wouldn't have a problem with Hyperspace Mountain being up as long as it has been if they just worked on the projections a little bit more. On the ride I can see the edges of screens used to display the ships and the effects really just look like ships on TV's or being projected onto the wall. I like the energy the soundtrack gives as I love Star Wars and I love the concept of the ride being like a dogfight in space in the Star Wars universe, I just wish Disney would make it a separate ride and go all out on the effects or invest the time and money into figuring out how to get better effects into Space Mountain while still having them removable to return the ride back to Space Mountain.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Personally I wouldn't have a problem with Hyperspace Mountain being up as long as it has been if they just worked on the projections a little bit more. On the ride I can see the edges of screens used to display the ships and the effects really just look like ships on TV's or being projected onto the wall. I like the energy the soundtrack gives as I love Star Wars and I love the concept of the ride being like a dogfight in space in the Star Wars universe, I just wish Disney would make it a separate ride and go all out on the effects or invest the time and money into figuring out how to get better effects into Space Mountain while still having them removable to return the ride back to Space Mountain.

I almost want to believe that once RotR opens, TDA will look seriously into scrapping Hyperspace and Star Tours but that might be a little naive.

Though once RotR opens, I don't see there being a need for Star Wars to be in other parts of the park. RotR sounds like a hugely ambitious project, and Millennium Falcon is Star Tours 2.0.

PiratesMansion

I almost want to believe that once RotR opens, TDA will look seriously into scrapping Hyperspace and Star Tours but that might be a little naive.

Though once RotR opens, I don't see there being a need for Star Wars to be in other parts of the park. RotR sounds like a hugely ambitious project, and Millennium Falcon is Star Tours 2.0.

I think Hyperspace is too popular for them to get rid of completely. I think what needs to happen is a set schedule like the other overlays. Run it January through April, say, take it down for a week or however long they need between overlays, FULLY RESTORE THE ORIGINAL EFFECTS and let it be OG Space Mountain the rest of the year. If that was the case I think way less people would have issue with it.

As much as I would love the scaling back of Star Wars, it just won't happen under current leadership unless the popularity of the franchise just plummets and lasts for a sustained period of time.

SuddenStorm

I'd be curious to see the average wait time for Hyperspace vs normal Space.

With HMH, even though I hate it, it's undeniable that it boosts the attractions popularity for the few months it's in (though, I also wonder how much of that is because the parks are simply busier during the holidays). Hyperspace? I'm not sure... The wait times don't seem any longer then when it's vanilla Space.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I think Hyperspace is too popular for them to get rid of completely. I think what needs to happen is a set schedule like the other overlays. Run it January through April, say, take it down for a week or however long they need between overlays, FULLY RESTORE THE ORIGINAL EFFECTS and let it be OG Space Mountain the rest of the year. If that was the case I think way less people would have issue with it.

As much as I would love the scaling back of Star Wars, it just won't happen under current leadership unless the popularity of the franchise just plummets and lasts for a sustained period of time.

Mmmmm... let's just have it take place during the month of May and call it fair :) Unfortunately the problem is that it's Hyperspace for seasons / years at a time.

I'd be curious to see the average wait time for Hyperspace vs normal Space.

With HMH, even though I hate it, it's undeniable that it boosts the attractions popularity for the few months it's in (though, I also wonder how much of that is because the parks are simply busier during the holidays). Hyperspace? I'm not sure... The wait times don't seem any longer then when it's vanilla Space.

Ditto. TDA keeps calling it "popular" but.. i mean right now it sits at a 25 minute wait. Relative to the rest of the park, that's not bad, but it's not "popular" either.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

So ironic. Dude, I like HMH, get over it

For the record, most overlays / re-skins annoy me, and I've stated that multiple times. I don't owe you this explanation, but it's also quite a bit different when Hyperspace stays for year(s) at a time, and it's been active longer than Space Mountain itself since it's opening date.
I just wana bask in your annoyance of Hyperspace Mountain

SuddenStorm

The only overlay that isn't offensively bad is it's a small world holiday, since the themes of Christmas and the holidays mesh really well with the message of it's a small world. It actually enhances the message of the ride, and creates a really charming experience that's distinctly Disneyland.

Hyperspace and HMH are both detrimental to the ride experience- everything from flow, story, and lighting are ruined in those overlays. Not to mention, NBC and Star Wars work with those two attractions only in the loosest way possible. I have similar issues with Incredicoaster and Guardians.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

It doesn’t.

If McQueen said something to the likes of all of the rides should never change and all overlays suck, yet somehow they enjoyed and preferred HMH, then it would be ironic. They never said anything like that.

According to your perceived logic, if one dislikes Pooh, then they should also dislike the other Fantasyland-style dark rides.
Incorrect. From Merriam-Webster: "The third, and debated, use of irony regards what’s called situational irony. Situational irony involves a striking reversal of what is expected or intended" it IS ironic because he defended HMH passionatly against my hatred for it and now he has a hatred for the overlay of another classic ride in which many seem to enjoy that overlay.

Californian Elitist

Incorrect. From Merriam-Webster: "The third, and debated, use of irony regards what’s called situational irony. Situational irony involves a striking reversal of what is expected or intended" it IS ironic because he defended HMH passionatly against my hatred for it and now he has a hatred for the overlay of another classic ride in which many seem to enjoy that overlay.

How old are you?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom