Is a week after too late to celebrate?

eliza61nyc

I guess? Though it is dishonest obviously.

I think "dishonest" maybe a stretch. My birthday falls on January 1st can you imagine growing up in Manhattan and having to compete with NYE celebrations plus my parents were usually tapped out from Christmas. luckily my mom was very adamant that I have a day to celebrate nothing but my birthday like every other kid. so usually the Saturday after the last day of school in June I got to have a big birthday party.

I loved it!!

KBLovedDisney

tumblr_onxcfoFJng1qhk1e5o3_r1_400.gif

PeoplemoverTTA

You can still celebrate your birthday there and just not tell them you're celebrating your birthday you know. My birthday is July 22 and I've done plenty of later fall date birthday trips to disney. All OP is gonna potentially miss is a button and the singing of the most annoying and embarrassing song in the universe.
EDIT: Seriously how in the world do people not do after birthday activities, I thought it was the norm.

Pretty sure that was a joke - do the math. 6 months before or 6 months after? It literally means anytime ;)

ColinP29

If you're attempting to gain any kind of benefit by saying it's your birthday when it isn't, it comes down to your own personal standards.

If you're just going to Disney as a birthday trip, no problem with it being a week out.

dreamfinder

Do you get a cupcake or anything anymore? Poor recollecting, but I think you used to get more?

Officially you get nothing. You can ask for a Birthday pin, and some CMs may extend good wishes or other pixie dust in the form of free popcorn, dessert at TS, etc, but nothing is guaranteed, nor should it be expected. Too many people know to tell Disney they are celebrating for Disney to do something for everyone.

In the past Disney has run promotions offering free admission on your birthday, but that was a limited time promotion, nothing more.

ThanksPhoenicians

Officially you get nothing. You can ask for a Birthday pin, and some CMs may extend good wishes or other pixie dust in the form of free popcorn, dessert at TS, etc, but nothing is guaranteed, nor should it be expected. Too many people know to tell Disney they are celebrating for Disney to do something for everyone.

In the past Disney has run promotions offering free admission on your birthday, but that was a limited time promotion, nothing more.
Yeah, but nobody is going to ID you for a pin, and even if they did they're not going to say, "Hey, your birthday was five days ago, get out of here before we throw you off property!" Disney knows that people aren't always in the right place to be there on their birthday, and a week--even a month--is more than close enough to count.

Much-Pixie-Dust

lol, ok just so you know, you're talking to the girl that routinely celebrates her birthday the entire MONTH. lol, yeah I'm the shy and subtle type.

go for it. you'll have a blast.
You are a girl after my heart! It’s a festivus all month for me too. We also celebrate half birthdays in our household. Life is meant to be celebrated!

So OP, you go and celebrate and enjoy every minute of it.

PeoplemoverTTA

Well then, I'm dumb. But my point still stands. Go anytime you want for any reason you want - even if it's late. You're not gonna miss much.

Oh gosh I wasn't trying to imply you were dumb! I genuinely just wanted to let you know - I'm with you :) We're celebrating our anniversary in early August, and we were actually married in WDW on July 15. But we're there to celebrate our anniversary (and my sister's college graduation, which was in May!).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom