Is a week after too late to celebrate?

NeedMoreMickey

I guess? Though it is dishonest obviously.
Little harsh. Many people celebrate days that are not on the actual date during the year. If you have a lot of family to visit for the Christmas holiday and some are out of town it’s not unusual to have multiple days to celebrate. At work when co-workers birthday falls on a weekend we celebrate Friday or Monday. It isn’t as if Disney is giving away a free day at the park you may get a free cupcake or two. Our wedding anniversary is in October but we can’t gat that week off work so our celebration trip is in September this year.

TwilightZone

Disney is very strict on this. To celebrate your birthday on site, it must fall within either 6 months before or 6 months after your visit. No exceptions.
You can still celebrate your birthday there and just not tell them you're celebrating your birthday you know. My birthday is July 22 and I've done plenty of later fall date birthday trips to disney. All OP is gonna potentially miss is a button and the singing of the most annoying and embarrassing song in the universe.
EDIT: Seriously how in the world do people not do after birthday activities, I thought it was the norm.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
not true - disney knows not everyone is able to be there ON their birthday and are totally ok with you celebrating early or late
How is it not true? Of course Disney does not care, but if you are celebrating on a day that is not the actual day you were born on, then technically it is dishonest. Again, Disney (or anybody else) doesnt care, but you cant just say "not true".

To the OP, celebrate away.

crxbrett

I'm turning the big 4-0 three weeks after my upcoming trip. My GF wants me to wear a birthday button the entire trip and says it's my bday present! LOL So even though it's 3 weeks early, we're still celebrating my 40th at DW. We're not doing any special bday stuff though other than wearing the buttons.

Lots of people celebrate bdays weeks before or after just because of timing or schedules. Heck, when I was younger my family celebrated my brother and I's bdays in summer even though I am born in October and he was born in January! The reason being was we wanted to celebrate in summer when it was nice n hot and when we would get summer clothes (I hate winter). We called it our "Fake Birthdays". Plus, it was just an excuse for our families to go out and have a fun dinner together. My family were all fall/winter b-days.

To the OP, of course it is fine!!!! Celebrate!!!

crxbrett

Do you get a cupcake or anything anymore? Poor recollecting, but I think you used to get more?

Not sure about Disneyworld, but I have gotten chocolate ganaches and cupcakes with candles at table service sit down meals when celebrating my bday at Disneyland for the last few years. It depends on the server really. I got a special bonus beignet dessert at Brennan's Jazz Kitchen this past Feb just because the server overheard me telling my GF about a new job I had just gotten hired for. So they can give you special surprises for anything really if they want to. Last year my GF wore her '1st time to DW' button the entire trip and got a few tiny "surprises' from CMs over the course of our trip.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
not true - disney knows not everyone is able to be there ON their birthday and are totally ok with you celebrating early or late
Exactly... they even made a movie about it...

pcTWj6b.gif

Mander

In the Parks
No
I'm going to WDW a week after my birthday. is it still fine to be celebrating your birthday a week after?

I celebrated at Disneyland a couple of years ago about three weeks after my birthday. That was the soonest we could get there (coming from Wyoming at the time) and the tickets were my birthday present.

This year we are taking a family trip about a month after my sister's 21st birthday and as much of the trip is her birthday present we will be doing the same during one of our Epcot evenings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom