Is a few hours worth a day

Crazydisneygirl

We are going in September 9-19. Only issue is our flight home leaves at 2pm therefore will be leaving the resort about 1130. Is it worth getting another day pass? Currently purchasing a 8 day pass with hopper. should I just get a 7 day and forget doing anything last day? Last trip our plane was at 5pm so had until 130 in the park. Went to Epcot as 5 min walk as staying at boardwalk (doing that again). This will be the last trip for the whole family as son is 16 and don't see him coming with us when he is an adult.

so is a day pass worth 2 1/2 hours?

DisneyDreamer08

The difference between a 7 and 8 day ticket is only about 10 bucks a person so I say, totally worth it! We did this on our last trip. Magical Express was picking us up at about 3. We woke up in the morning, packed up, dropped off our bags, went to MK from 10:30 til about 1, went back to the hotel for a quick lunch, then called it a day. We basically did our 3 FPs and I think one or two other rides.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Absolutely it's worth it, particularly given that the cost difference is negligible, and that so much can be done in an hour or two of rope dorp.

Just as an example, the last time we visited WDW, we were being picked up by DME on our last day at 11am to head to the airport. The kids and I headed off to the MK (which had 8am EMH) with just two hours to spend before we needed to head back to the resort. In that two hours, we did Buzz Lightyear, Space Mountain, Seven Dwarves Mine Train (with a FP+), Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean. It was a fantastic morning, and one of the favorites of our whole vacation. The kids got to re-experience all of their favorite attractions just before leaving, and it put a nice exclamation point on the week.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

You would be mostly limited to Future World for those 2 or so hours. Definitely more than enough to do, and if you time the FP+ right, you could get 3 FP+ plus another couple standby rides.

Remember that even though it may only take 5 min to get IG from Boardwalk, it's another 10 minutes or so to the parts of the park that would be open at that time, so you would end up needing to leave Epcot closer to 11 to get that 11:30 or so DME.

Upvote 0

DisDadWoz

It's worth it if you don't plan on going back anytime soon. Just be careful on your times to allow time to get to where you need to and back again. Enjoy!

Upvote 0

JillC LI

Given the length of your trip and therefore the low cost of the extra day, probably yes. But make sure you leave yourself enough time to get back to the resort and get your bags before leaving for the airport.

Upvote 0

draybook

We are going in September 9-19. Only issue is our flight home leaves at 2pm therefore will be leaving the resort about 1130. Is it worth getting another day pass? Currently purchasing a 8 day pass with hopper. should I just get a 7 day and forget doing anything last day? Last trip our plane was at 5pm so had until 130 in the park. Went to Epcot as 5 min walk as staying at boardwalk (doing that again). This will be the last trip for the whole family as son is 16 and don't see him coming with us when he is an adult.

so is a day pass worth 2 1/2 hours?

If he won't come as an adult, is he really your son?

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

We try to squeeze in every last hour,minute and second we can get because... who really knows in life if and when you will get back??? So we would do it. if its a matter of the money youll be spending .... can you get enough enjoyment out of the time you have? I think you could. The only problem I might have is if it was a heavily crowded time of year when you had little chance of doing much. Your time period should allow you the opportunity to do things.

Upvote 0

Crazydisneygirl

Original Poster
If he won't come as an adult, is he really your son?
Yes but he is not Disney crazy like I am. I don't see him going back for many many years. Originally was not going to bring him as my hubby and I are celebrating 25 wedding anniversary. But when we were watching the planning video to decide on a resort, he came into the room and said,'cool when are we going?". We took him and his sister 4 years ago (sister was 20 at the time along with boyfriend). We are also doing Universal for 2 day which he loves. I did take just him to Disneyland last year and we had a blast just the two of us.

Upvote 0

Mainahman

We added our arrival day and decided to leave a few hours early since my wife wanted more park time hah! plus thats one more dole whip i can shove in my gullet.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Depends on what’s important to you. On our going home day, DH and I have to be on the road by 10:30am and we’re choosing to go to MK from 9-10:30. It’s our tradition to have MK be our last park and since we’re staying right at GF, we couldn’t let that tradition die, but we have a full day of plans the day prior and did not want to spend the money on a park hopper just to go to hop once to MK that night to make it our last park.

Upvote 0

BoarderPhreak

Adding another day at the eight-day passport mark is very cheap ($10/pp). I'd do it. 👍

As mentioned above, cross your Ts and dot your Is (e.g. pack everything, leave it with the front desk at the resort). This way, you come back to the resort and you can get your baggage while you're waiting for your ride.

Upvote 0

rob0519

We generally schedule flights a bit later in the afternoon or early evening, so we always include the last day as part of the ticket package. We use the airport express service at the resort, so all we have with us are our carry ons. We've used that partial day at the MK had HS several times, finished shopping at what was then Downtown Disney several times, we even went to Typhoon Lagoon on the last day at least twice.

As someone else already posted, the cost is minimal and with the additional 3 fast passes is a good deal, especially at the MK. We would not pick Epcot for such a short amount of time though.

Upvote 0

DisAl

When arrive, usually in the early afternoon, we make that our Disney Springs day. As others have said though, with that long of a trip an extra day of tickets is low enough in cost to make even a few hours worth it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom