Is a 3 night cruise (cruise only, no stay at WDW) worth it?

happymom52003

We'd love to take advantage of the kids sail free special they are currently offering on 3 night cruises, but I am concerned a 3 night cruise would not be worth the hassle of traveling all the way to Florida for just 3 nights.

In a perfect world, we'd add on a few days at WDW. But due to the limited dates of this special offer and more importantly a limited vacation budget, we would not be able to include a trip to WDW....we would only be able to do the cruise.

I kind of feel like if I am going to spend the money on airfare to get to and from Florida, I'd like to be there more than 3 nights (we live too far away to drive). But like I said, that is not possible.

Have any of you ever done the 3 night cruise and not added on time at WDW? Was it worth it to you?

Disneyfalcon

We'd love to take advantage of the kids sail free special they are currently offering on 3 night cruises, but I am concerned a 3 night cruise would not be worth the hassle of traveling all the way to Florida for just 3 nights.

Hi Happymom!! In a perfect world, we'd add on a few days at WDW. But due to the limeted dates of this special offer and more importantly a limeted vacation budget, we would not be able to include a trip to WDW....we would only be able to do the cruise.

I kind of feel like if I am going to spend the money on airfare to get to and from Florida, I'd like to be there more than 3 nights (we live too far away to drive). But like I said, that is not possible.

Have any of you ever done the 3 night cruise and not added on time at WDW? Was it worth it to you?

I've never done a 3 night. I've done a 7 night, a 5 night, and I'm leaving for a 4 night on Saturday. If I had my preference I would absolutely do a longer cruise.

But is a 3 night better then nothing? Absolutely!!

We like to fly in the day before and spend the night in Port Canaveral. There are several hotels right there with free shuttles to the ship. If you get to the terminal early you can be among the first to board. That will essentially give you another half a day onboard.

If you have any questions please ask or you want help pricing a kids sail free promotion let me know! I'd love to help.:)

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I really don't think a 3 night cruise is worth the hassle of traveling. Even a 5 day cruise is too short in my opinion. To me, one of the great parts of being on a cruise is how after a little while it starts to feel like home. The waiters and cabin stewards start to know you and they really make you feel special. In three days you will have just enough time to walk around the ship before you have to get off. Since I have been on numerous cruises (not Disney) I often only recommend people to go on 7+ day cruises, or 5 day if they really can't find anything longer.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

I agree that 3 nights isn't really worth it. You only get 2 1/2 days on the ship (assuming you board the ship early) since they make you get off the ship so early on the last day...flying down to FL is pretty expensive for that little of a "vacation".

Upvote 0

TTFN-Tiggger

To me it is better than not going at all!! :eek: I do recommend going in a day early for any cruise. Spend the night at a hotel within 15-20 minutes of the port. This will allow you to be rested, board the ship first and not worry about being late for the ship. And if you are traveling from a 'colder' climate you can shed the heavey winter wear and board the ship in resort summer wear - so much more relaxing than you know!!:D

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
We did a three day the first time as my wife was "very concerned" about being out on a ship. While the time was short...and it took the better part of two days to really get the swing of things, it was fun, dinners were great, and a visit to Castaway Cay is always amazing.

I'm voting for some is better than nothing!

Upvote 0

Ducky_Love

We just got back from a 3 night cruise and it was great! Given, all we have to do it drive an hour to the port.. but I think it would be worth it even if we had to travel further.

Edit:
Have you cruised before? Sometimes I think it is better to go on a short one first and make sure you don't get seasick. I was GREEN my first time and I was happy I wasn't stuck for 7 days.

Upvote 0

Jarienn

Disney Cruise Line is a wonderful experience no matter how many nights you sail for. I've been on a couple of 3 nights and just took our first 7 night earlier this month. The cast members on board are so wonderful and since they are from all over the world, the ship has an international feel that you don't even get at Epcot.

I definitely agree with everyone who said to go a day prior to sailing. It made the trip to the port less of a hassle and we were onboard by 1pm. (Although if it's a busy weekend you might not be able to get on until a little later) We stayed near the Orlando airport the night prior to our cruise and were just a quick hop onto the 528 Beachline freeway and only a 40 min drive to get us to the pier.

As many have said - its better to go for 3 nights than not get to go at all! It might be a long time before they offer another kids sail free promo.

Upvote 0

shmmrname

We are actually looking at 3-night'ers because we've never done a cruise experience. It seems like it'd be a good way to get our feet wet, and see if we really like it enough to take away days spent at WDW.

Upvote 0

WaltsApprentice

We just got back from a 3 night cruise and it was great! Given, all we have to do it drive an hour to the port.. but I think it would be worth it even if we had to travel further.

Edit:
Have you cruised before? Sometimes I think it is better to go on a short one first and make sure you don't get seasick. I was GREEN my first time and I was happy I wasn't stuck for 7 days.

I Totally agree with you...pick a smaller cruise if its the first time..its better to find out how you as a person cruise for a cheaper price. My Fiancee and me did a 3 night cruise together for our Anniver./ B-day and it was amazing...this was the first time for us both on any cruise...so we were really spellbound! It was an adventure we would never forget! When I saw that new deal...I was like DAMN...I don't have kids to use it...but I sure act like one haha! Less then a year later we did a 4 day cruise which was nicer...only because we were able to spread out our schedule. Time is short and just like a WDW vacation you can't do everything sadly. But your time on the cruise is spent well! The only time when we were in the room was to sleep or change into our swim suits...so no matter what amount of days your always busy having fun!

We actually hope to do another 3 day cruise soon or one day a 7 or 5 day one...but with a college ....3 day cruise is all we can usually do :(.

I live 3 hours away...so thats a positive too... we also arrive the night before so we can get on the ship early and it made it nicer and stress free!

DO it..it's better than not doing it at all....again...there may not be a deal like this for a long time!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom