Irish bar at DTD

wannabeBelle

I heard July and the name of the place is Raglan Road. I am praying for the pub to open and have Off Kilter playing as the band for the grand opening!! I spoke with one of the guys in the band who said that they would probably be playing there at least periodically. Just in case you havent heard of Off Kilter, they are a Celtic Rock band who have a permanent home in the Canadian Pavilion in EPCOT. You can check out some information on them at www.OffKilter.net Let me know if you have any other questions on them!! Belle

Nansafan

I've never been to PI as we have always traveled with children too young to enjoy it. Please advise. Is it true that some of the clubs can be visited by 18 year olds without parents? This summer my son wants to head to PI with his friend and they are both 18. Can they go by themselves or do they need an over 21 adult with them? Any details on when in July the Irish Pub will be open? We'll be in WDW from 7/7-7/15. Thanks.

ilPapa

Original Poster
Nansafan said:
I've never been to PI as we have always traveled with children too young to enjoy it. Please advise. Is it true that some of the clubs can be visited by 18 year olds without parents? This summer my son wants to head to PI with his friend and they are both 18. Can they go by themselves or do they need an over 21 adult with them? Any details on when in July the Irish Pub will be open? We'll be in WDW from 7/7-7/15. Thanks.

Yeah I was wondering that as well, my girlfriend and I would like to go there but as we are both 18 we are wondering if we will get in, even though we won't be drinking.

The Mom

Premium Member
I believe you can enter the Adventurer's Club and Comedy Zone without a parent if you're only 18. You get either a handstamp or special bracelet identifying you as a "non-alchoholic beverage only" guest.

vb4hire

I just got back 2 weeks ago...

I didn't pay too much attention, but I believe the pub is still hidden behind the construction barriers.. tough to see what is going on. Also, its not even in the main Pleasure Island road... its across from Mannequins on the side road (middle entrance). Makes me wonder if it will be part of the PI wristband admission, or a seperate restaraunt that just happens to be next to PI?

If im not mistaken, you only have to be 18 to get into comedy club, adventure club, beach club , and motion all without having to have a parent or guardian. As for Raglan Road, aka the old "jazz club" it has been and will always be part of PI as is mannequins across the street. Trust me thats definately not a side street for PI, its the main entrance.

vb4hire

UltimtMickeyFan said:
As for Raglan Road, aka the old "jazz club" it has been and will always be part of PI as is mannequins across the street. Trust me thats definately not a side street for PI, its the main entrance.

I thought it was a side street as I came over the bridge from DTD and saw the ticket purchase booths are over by the bridge.

My experience with Irish pubs is its 50% about beer, and 50% about food... which seems to be unique to the PI establishments. Are you saying someone coming to DTD to get some good Irish pub food will have to pay the PI cover charge? That would be a mistake!!

jimmybog

I'm sure I read that this pub will not be part of the PI cover charge. I suspect it will be similar to the old Fireworks Factory bar/restaurant when it was open. You could still go the restaurant without paying entry to PI. I certainly think this area could do with a new pub venue.

hthbellhop

You only have to be 18 to get into most of the places...there's only like one or two you can't get into. When I did the Disney College Program, I was only 19, and we went almost every Monday and Saturday and had a blast. Oh, and i DO NOT advise you try to drink if you're not 21...bad idea...those Disney people watch you like hawks.

ilPapa

Original Poster
hthbellhop said:
You only have to be 18 to get into most of the places...there's only like one or two you can't get into. When I did the Disney College Program, I was only 19, and we went almost every Monday and Saturday and had a blast. Oh, and i DO NOT advise you try to drink if you're not 21...bad idea...those Disney people watch you like hawks.

bad experience? :lol:

thanks guys, will definitly make the trip down to DTD now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom