iPhone buyers - which one are you buying in 2017?

Which new iPhone are you planning on buying?

• iPhone 8

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • iPhone 8+

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • iPhone X

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters

aw14

I had thought about the X as well....but I never like to get the first build of a phone. Always like them to put a year in it and work out the hardware kinks.

Looks like a top notch device though

Pixieish

I had thought about the X as well....but I never like to get the first build of a phone. Always like them to put a year in it and work out the hardware kinks.

Looks like a top notch device though

The same can be said for any big-ticket purchase - especially cars.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I've had the iPhoneX for a little more than 24 hours now and here are my first impressions:
- The lack of Home button is turning out to be a complete non-issue. It was only a matter of hours before the new swipe up gesture just feels totally normal.
- I personally do not find the 'notch' distracting at all. It's there, I understand why it's there and I'm perfectly fine with the compromises that had to be made to get features like FaceID.
- FaceID is some kind of sorcery. It works extremely well in my experiences so far. I tried inside in normal lighting, laying down on the bed with my head up on a pillow, outside in bright sunlight and it works in all scenarios. It's super fast and after very short order, you stop even thinking that it's there. By the time you are aware you're looking at the phone, it's already unlocked and ready to roll.
- I had been using a Plus for the last few generations of iPhone and wanted to downsize. I really, really like the smaller form-factor but still having the large screen.
- Lots of apps still need to be updated to properly deal with the new screen layout but that will come in time. In the interim, some apps still look like they are running on an iPhone8 or earlier with bars at the top and bottom. They still work fine, just do not take advantage of the extra screen real estate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom