iPhone buyers - which one are you buying in 2017?

Which new iPhone are you planning on buying?

• iPhone 8

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • iPhone 8+

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • iPhone X

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters

lazyboy97o

@wdwmagic, in the past I believe you have said iOS is by far the most popular OS amongst visitors. Do you have any thoughts on the iPhone X’s “notch”? Have you decided how you want the site and forum to handle it?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
@wdwmagic, in the past I believe you have said iOS is by far the most popular OS amongst visitors. Do you have any thoughts on the iPhone X’s “notch”? Have you decided how you want the site and forum to handle it?
Yes iOS is still 75% of WDWMAGIC users.

The notch is outside of the app/browser area - it serves as the notification, battery and signal status area. So it doesn't really come into play.

lazyboy97o

Yes iOS is still 75% of WDWMAGIC users.

The notch is outside of the app/browser area - it serves as the notification, battery and signal status area. So it doesn't really come into play.
What about in Landscape? It seems like content that is full width is being obscured in the emulations.

aw14

I actually have my 8+ and am very pleased with it. I am completely invested in iOS, so any variation would cause issue with personal and work.

muddyrivers

I upgraded from a 7 to 8+ and I love the bigger size! It's almost like an on the go iPad. Not to mention, this camera is the best camera I've ever laid hands on. I open the Camera app, point and shoot and the picture turns out much better than other phones where people take their time applying filters or trying to focus on certain parts.

Underdog

iOS is 44% total, and 75% of mobile.

@wdwmagic - 44% of total is a huge number! Wow! (thanks for the answer!)

I answered X in the poll but I'm not totally sure I'm jumping in at launch. I'm wondering what the next X, the "XS" will have, so I'm hesitant to drop $1K+ when something better is a year away. It the cost was $600-800, I'd be fine. I'm even considering the Note 8 now too.

Who am I kidding? It'll probably be the X. :D

KBLovedDisney

Ha, well I actually downgraded this year. I went from being a strict Android device user and had the Samsung Galaxy 7 (the one that didn't explode) and went to an iPhone SE (my first one). Got tired of always having to carry around a pop-tart sized phone. SE was a simple yet useful choice for me.

...and I seriously sometimes miss having the whole clam-shell and real press-buttons from time to time

The hubs went with the new Pixel this year. Very pretty display but ginormous and very pop-tarty.

aw14

I am actually on the 8+...so I went to look at the apple store app at 5am est....already shipping 5-6 weeks. must have had high demand and the rumored low supply

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I am actually on the 8+...so I went to look at the apple store app at 5am est....already shipping 5-6 weeks. must have had high demand and the rumored low supply
The 256gb version was gone within about 8 minutes, and the 64gb followed quickly after.

jakeman

lol

I got the upgrade notification today. It's time to upgrade my work phone. So I went ahead and signed up for the X through Verizon. Through the whole process not a word about them being on backorder. Confirmation email came. Still no notification of a back order. "Check my order status" BAM! December 6.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
lol

I got the upgrade notification today. It's time to upgrade my work phone. So I went ahead and signed up for the X through Verizon. Through the whole process not a word about them being on backorder. Confirmation email came. Still no notification of a back order. "Check my order status" BAM! December 6.
Typical carrier behavior. Anything to get the order

21stamps

lol

Was it updated today?
Although Apple has not updated the status of my order, I'm seeing the shipment and tracking info in UPS MyChoice for delivery on Friday.

Same. Supposedly most should be delivered in the next 2 weeks instead of the originally projected December.

Pixieish

I'm a hardcore Apple fan, but definitely not of their prices. I literally just upgraded to a 256GB iPhone 7 (from a 5s) in August. No upgrades for me in a long time now that Verizon no longer subsidizes their customer upgrades.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm a hardcore Apple fan, but definitely not of their prices. I literally just upgraded to a 256GB iPhone 7 (from a 5s) in August. No upgrades for me in a long time now that Verizon no longer subsidizes their customer upgrades.
But they have the iPhone Upgrade Program, which is pretty much what the carriers were doing by adding on a hardware cost to your monthly plan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom