Invoice from Coronado Springs posted to my house?

Dave B

My guess is that they are banking on the guests at a higher end hotel not checking their bills regularly. Just check your invoices, that's all I can say, not looking for a debate, just letting my fellow Disney friends know about what happened

peter11435

My guess is that they are banking on the guests at a higher end hotel not checking their bills regularly. Just check your invoices, that's all I can say, not looking for a debate, just letting my fellow Disney friends know about what happened
Yet nobody else, and many of us stay at Disney deluxe resorts and use the service, have ever been charged even as recently as November.

bigrigross

I provided the invoice, what else do you want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) lololol

And here are two links, one updated on November 22nd 2017 and the other one in May of 2017. Both state wake up calls are free to patrons. Also, in May of 2017, I was not charged for the wake up call on the 3 days I did them. As everyone else is saying, its probably a glitch. Also, the times for when these charges occurred are odd. 2:36, 3:30, 2:14. Plus, the name being long distance and directory assistance seems very odd as it should be listed as a wake up call if they were charging you.

http://www.disneytouristblog.com/free-things-disney-world/
https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com/question/go-getting-wakeup-call-mickey-fee-338353/

As other people have said, its a glitch. I highly doubt Disney would change something as iconic as that with nothing being brought up on here or other major forum boards especially since a lot of forum members stay at deluxe resorts. I have seen nothing on reddit or their facebook page stating they are testing any fees for the wake up call.

Dave B

The times are accurate, we needed some wake up calls during the day after rope dropping and coming back to nap, again may be a glitch, but the girl at Yacht Club said it happens a lot, just check your invoices

MAGICFLOP

(Hayley in wonderland) was so desperate to ask the community for help about the bill, but I guess not will to call Disney, nor bother to tell us what happened, perhaps they said to call back in 3 weeks?

Don

I'm guessing she took something home from the room (purposely or not) or broke something and is too embarrassed to give an update. Just a hunch.

MAGICFLOP

I'm guessing she took something home from the room (purposely or not) or broke something and is too embarrassed to give an update. Just a hunch.
I said that in my initial assessment, something in the room was damaged or missing and they found out after checkout. I haven't stayed in a Disney hotel, but do they have snacks and drinks in the fridge for purchase?

lentesta

Premium Member
4186 11/22 3:49 0:0:46

4186 11/22 3:49 0:0:46
4186 11/22 3:50 0:1:0
4186 11/22 3:52 0:0:26

These are unusual times of day for a wake-up call, and unusually close together.

I don't know anyone who'd request a wake-up call at 3:49 or 3:52 (along with one at 3:50). Nobody is that precise in their request.

Best guess is that these are for some other phone service, and the CM gave you wrong information about the source of the charge.

drizgirl

These are unusual times of day for a wake-up call, and unusually close together.

I don't know anyone who'd request a wake-up call at 3:49 or 3:52 (along with one at 3:50). Nobody is that precise in their request.

Best guess is that these are for some other phone service, and the CM gave you wrong information about the source of the charge.
Totally agree.

OP, I don't think the CM was lying. Just misinformed. Which is not unusual.

Ariel1986

I think when the CM said “this happens all the time” she meant that the mistake/glitch of charging for the wrong thing happens all the time. The mistake of charging it as a call when it was meant to be a free wake up call. And not that being charged for wake up calls on purpose happens all the time?

wannabeBelle

I can tell you I have used the wake up call service any number of times and have never been charged for this. Definitely double check this with the management at the resort you had stayed at, this is without a doubt, not correct. Marie

BigThunderMatt

That's your opinion, but the girl who works the front desk said otherwise, I will default to the Hotel employee rather than your opinion, if you don't mind, and if it was a mistake why did the girl at the front desk say it happens all the time?

Because sometimes employees will say whatever is necessary to diffuse a potentially volatile situation. Given how huffy you're getting about this issue I'm going to wager you weren't coming down to the desk with the friendliest of demeanors and the Cast Member you spoke to was trying to avoid you going nuclear on her.

Dave B

Because sometimes employees will say whatever is necessary to diffuse a potentially volatile situation. Given how huffy you're getting about this issue I'm going to wager you weren't coming down to the desk with the friendliest of demeanors and the Cast Member you spoke to was trying to avoid you going nuclear on her.
You are 100% incorrect, If I appear huffy its because I am giving info to my Disney friends and being called a Liar and ridiculed, really weird to me

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom