"Intrusion" at Spaceship Earth

MiamiSpartan

Original Poster
The ride was shut down for 15 minutes yesterday, as they had an "Intrusion"--meaning someone climbed out of the ride. Anyone know how often this happens there??

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
not sure..... but often enough for them to put in flat-screens with warnings about climbing out.

i think that people that do this should be tar and feathered and sent to Universal.

brich

... or at least be made to wear an "I'm an Idiot" t-shirt for the remainder of the day. :lol: I also suppose that if this person was to get hurt while being an idiot, said idiot would most likely throw a lawsuit at Disney too. :brick:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Some idiots will never learn... Its well documented that these Omnimovers have intrusion alarms (HM & Sea Cabs spring to mind) not to mention the new 'we`re watching you' screen JMax mentioned above. Infact, in an earlier discussion about this I mentioned about how high up you are in some of SSE`s scenes. Imagine falling, landing, and then rolling into the Omni`s mechanism. Now THAT should be something to stop these brainless no-hopers. Of course, they could have done it in say Rome or the Bedroom, but even then who`s to say the set can take their weight? Or its big enough (forced perspective is used alot in SSE)

Either way, I hope they got turfed out of WDW period. Why spoil it for other guests? Why risk damaging the attraction?

Idiot...

captcanada

1disneydood said:
I predict ALL attractions to have restraints in the near future. If I ran the park, they would be that way already.

I find it sad that it has become nessessary.

Humanity (in general) never fails to dissappoint me.

rogerrabbitfan9

The scenes aren't made for some idiot to be walking through. I would not be surprised if someone said this happened often. The screens give you fair warning.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
steveshady said:
that's a shame. Didn't someone die when they climbed out of the haunted mansion near the bride I once heard?

I believe thats one of those "i heard" stories, like the person standing up on Space Mountain. That never happened either. At least, no one got decapitated by standing up.

As far as how often, I read in a thread on here not too long ago that a ride gets stopped 2-3 times a day for these. I think that was Splash they were talking about, but its basically the same thing.

MCBRIZZ5

Anyone who does climb out of the car though, should be banned for a good amount of time (years to lifetime) instead of just for that day. People who accompany them should also get a ban of some kind. Maybe this will put a stop to the unruly behavior in these rides.

TTATraveler

Pumbas Nakasak said:
A cattle prod or a few volts through the genitals should help keep them seated.

Oooh, I love that idea!!:cool: I hope this newest idiot was ejected from the park and should have his/her ticket deactivated. It totally baffles me that people seem to think that it is ok for them to do whatever they wish despite being forwarned and risking personal injury.:fork: :confused: It will be sad if the SE vehicles have to be modified to include seat belts or lap bars.:(

Brick Tamland

The only reason people would do anything like this is because there are rules against it, so the solution is take away the rules....:lookaroun , or keep the rules and go with the genital shock therapy.

MiamiSpartan

Original Poster
The person did get tossed...It was like somewhere around 1030am, so this idiot pays $60 bucks or thereabouts, and is out of the park an hour into it. I think they should be banned from the park for 5 years or so...

tinkish

They should kick that person out of the park for the day!

It reminds me of a kid that climbed out of the log ride at our local six flags (Great America)...the kid ended up getting caught under one of the logs going on the tracks...and was killed!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom