International Tour Group season about to begin

I always go to WDW in July and will be there this year from 7/13 thru 7/24 and that they will be crawling out of the woodwork. One gentlemen from New York (if you can imagine) said he would never come back because they are the rudest people he had ever met. I have found if you have a problem with them speak to a CM and I have seen them change their behavior very quickly with the threat of having to leave the parks for the remaining day!!!!:)

Disvillain63

I understand why we see so many in January and February...that is their summer break. Why do we see so many June through August? Also, I've seen it mentioned on other threads that September/October is bad, but I've never experienced them at that time of the year.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I go in mid-August every year and only seen a few, smaller groups. Never the stories or youtube video types that I've seen posted in forums.

I always assumed I was a bit late for them!

puppawuppa

The "Fifteen" group (from Brazil) in February were the worst group of people I've ever experienced in my life. We encountered them on different occasions and it was horrific....thanks goodness we could generally find ways to avoid them. They stayed at Pop and if they were in the food court it was a disaster. Don't even try to talk to them or do what u wanted b/c they pushed, shoved and anything else they wanted. There were three different times that CM has to speak to them @ Pop for their behavior. One of them almost got the crap kicked out of them by a woman whose daughter they knocked over fairly forcefully.

They also all dressed like prostitutes when they were in downtown making shopping an extremely uncomfortable experience (since they are all very underage in this country). I am not in any way conservative when it comes to that...if they all over 18 but my friend and I both felt like we needed a shower when we left...it was bad. I get the dress code in DTD is different than the parks but still......
We were here the same time. Feb 9th to 22nd. They were everywhere. They would "save" tables in the food court so no one else could sit in that section, more than once I removed empty mugs holding tables. If it was a family holding the table while they get their food thats different. These kids hung around meeting friends and socializing, Several times we changed our itinerary when we saw them we RAN the other way.

Tigger1988

We were here the same time. Feb 9th to 22nd. They were everywhere. They would "save" tables in the food court so no one else could sit in that section, more than once I removed empty mugs holding tables. If it was a family holding the table while they get their food thats different. These kids hung around meeting friends and socializing, Several times we changed our itinerary when we saw them we RAN the other way.
How is it any different than a family or a group of friends saving tables?

cslafferty

How about they charge that same fee to American pop warner sports/cheerleading groups and American high school senior class trips too.
Totally agree! I was referring to ANY large group of mainly teenagers, since they seem to be the ones that are so wrapped up in their good time that they forget to have consideration for others. Sorry if I've offended any young adult on here, but chances are if you're on this forum, you are most likely the exception.
We go every year in Dec and have to deal with the pop Warner crowd. And I'm sure for the most part they are all great kids. I had three great kids, and when they were with me they were very polite and considerate. But, I know what happens when they're all in a big group with little to no adult supervision. Courtesy and respect lose to wild and crazy fun! And I know they're creating their own memories and its part of being a kid, and I'm starting to sound like my father! It's just when it's my one and only trip to WDW for the year and I've saved all year for it, it's hard for me to have patience with all that.

Taylor

Totally agree! I was referring to ANY large group of mainly teenagers, since they seem to be the ones that are so wrapped up in their good time that they forget to have consideration for others. Sorry if I've offended any young adult on here, but chances are if you're on this forum, you are most likely the exception.
We go every year in Dec and have to deal with the pop Warner crowd. And I'm sure for the most part they are all great kids. I had three great kids, and when they were with me they were very polite and considerate. But, I know what happens when they're all in a big group with little to no adult supervision. Courtesy and respect lose to wild and crazy fun! And I know they're creating their own memories and its part of being a kid, and I'm starting to sound like my father! It's just when it's my one and only trip to WDW for the year and I've saved all year for it, it's hard for me to have patience with all that.
I am very offended ;)

Tim_4

Disney is aware of the inconvenience to other guests that these groups cause, especially at quick service dining locations. They're working on alternate ways of accommodating these groups, including using backstage/convention space to feed them without clogging up the restaurants.

G00fyDad

Disney is aware of the inconvenience to other guests that these groups cause, especially at quick service dining locations. They're working on alternate ways of accommodating these groups, including using backstage/convention space to feed them without clogging up the restaurants.

But that won't work for them. As with all of the annoying groups (American cheer groups included) they want to be seen. Why do you think they carry the stupid flag around and scream? Backstage feeding will never appeal to them because they don't have the chance to show us how wonderful they are. Imagine if you went to Brazil and did this with the American flag while chanting or singing the national anthem. You may get the crap beat out of you. But we are supposed to "deal with it" here. :rolleyes: Thankfully they stay in their country, or their suburban cheer homes during September and October when we go.

Tim_4

But that won't work for them. As with all of the annoying groups (American cheer groups included) they want to be seen. Why do you think they carry the stupid flag around and scream? Backstage feeding will never appeal to them because they don't have the chance to show us how wonderful they are. Imagine if you went to Brazil and did this with the American flag while chanting or singing the national anthem. You may get the crap beat out of you. But we are supposed to "deal with it" here. :rolleyes: Thankfully they stay in their country, or their suburban cheer homes during September and October when we go.
I've never seen the flag bit. The only annoyance I've had with these groups is that there are a lot of them. The majority of poorly behaved people that have really bothered me are college students and bachelorette parties at Epcot festival time. Kids having fun is what Disney is for. Grown adults shouting profanity at one another is not.

G00fyDad

I've never seen the flag bit. The only annoyance I've had with these groups is that there are a lot of them. The majority of poorly behaved people that have really bothered me are college students and bachelorette parties at Epcot festival time. Kids having fun is what Disney is for. Grown adults shouting profanity at one another is not.

I have seen many videos of the flag carriers in front of these chanting tour groups.

I agree that kids having fun is what Disney is for, but I have a friend (or acquaintance) that has a daughter in a cheer group. They go and annoy the living hell out everyone around cheering constantly. The girls think they are really giving a good show for eager fans. When I try to explain to her that this is not wanted and is annoying she just tells me that other people at Disney need to get over it because they will do what they want to do. If it annoys people then **** them. Yeah, she awesome like that. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom