Interim show 'The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic' confirmed to debut ahead of Rivers of Light

Biff215

cool...we will be there the same time—Aug 2-14.

We have dining package reservation for the 3rd.

Dare I say, fingers crossed?

that said...how does the dining package work? do you get lanyards or something that identifies you. There is nothing in MDE that indicates i have the package.
In the past when we did Fantasmic, you simply got a paper ticket after dinner that stated the number of people in your party. Even though you don't see it in MDE (not surprising), the restaurant will have that information as long as you booked it that way.

dennis-in-ct

we saw the show last Thursday and my husband kept saying out loud "This is terrible" ... I tried to explain to him and the family from the UK sitting behind us (who also complained loudly) that this was not the "real" show. Personally I was just thrilled to see an Animal Kingdom lagoon show.

I was glad we did not buy a dinner package. The cost would have put my tolerance and patience past the point of forgiveness.

The projections on the tree were amazing and a home run.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I can see them cheap'n out and closing down until the Food and Wine crews start arriving. I've seen people dump'n the Tiffin's reservations after the reviews for Jungle came out the first night. Animals being animals sleeping for the night safari. Even whenever Avatar eventually launches I can't see this all adding up to an all day experience for most. Maybe a switch from morning till night. Shifting of gate attendance not increasing the overall gate. Afternoons are still going to be a tough sell, the park is a hot park to endure in the warmer months all day with so many outdoor attractions.

Wonder when Rivers is really expected to launch, that might change the operating hours calendar like it finally did when they launched Jungle. I feel for both RainForest and Yak & Yeti. They built those venues with the presumption that AK would be a full day park. Silly investors.

Jon81uk

I can see them cheap'n out and closing down until the Food and Wine crews start arriving. I've seen people dump'n the Tiffin's reservations after the reviews for Jungle came out the first night. Animals being animals sleeping for the night safari. Even whenever Avatar eventually launches I can't see this all adding up to an all day experience for most. Maybe a switch from morning till night. Shifting of gate attendance not increasing the overall gate. Afternoons are still going to be a tough sell, the park is a hot park to endure in the warmer months all day with so many outdoor attractions.

Wonder when Rivers is really expected to launch, that might change the operating hours calendar like it finally did when they launched Jungle. I feel for both RainForest and Yak & Yeti. They built those venues with the presumption that AK would be a full day park. Silly investors.

Doesn't matter if guests do full do at DAK or hop in for the evening. But they need to shift people out of MK in the evenings as there isn't enough comfortable space for everyone to see Wishes.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Doesn't matter if guests do full do at DAK or hop in for the evening. But they need to shift people out of MK in the evenings as there isn't enough comfortable space for everyone to see Wishes.

I think it is important to Disney to shed the label of having 2 half day parks in WDW, DHS and AK and frankly Epcot given the state of Future World is clawing at less than a full day park for families too unless you count standing in line for a half day between queues for Test Track and Soarin.

And I agree. All that money spent on redesigning a Hub and it didn't solve the problem, it just opened up more spaces for Hard Ticket upcharges for for a very old fireworks display and an even older parade. If you look at the crisscross of walkways it looks like the Imagineers used Ohare airports crossing runways as their templet. Anyone who has visited Ohare Airport is aware they never seems to land and depart airplanes on time, even on a Sunny day. The design creates more problems than it solves. I'm sure the hub looked pretty on paper and for planned hard ticket areas. Much beyond that you need to be a well seasoned Disney guest to know where you may stand, where you must keep walking and how to bypass the mess. The average guest is clueless to the rules and ways of a Hub. Craziness.

mimefan

My camera isn't that great, but here's a shot of the water screens viewed from the right most section on the Dinoland side on June 8. The lights from the other side and the Tree of Life do interfere, and sometimes there was a very bright projection light right in my eyes, but it was a vast improvement over the show I saw on June 1.

IMG_0916.JPG

Cesar R M

My camera isn't that great, but here's a shot of the water screens viewed from the right most section on the Dinoland side on June 8. The lights from the other side and the Tree of Life do interfere, and sometimes there was a very bright projection light right in my eyes, but it was a vast improvement over the show I saw on June 1.

View attachment 145531
About time! talk about improvement!

scv87

I want to give a quick revue of this show, because it was much different than what I expected after reading other revues. I will admit though that I'm a professional musician who has been involved involved in both performing and designing shows, concerts, musicals, and other pageantry arts. I'm also a fan of Indian music, but I understand that some people just think it sounds annoying.

I watched the 10:30 show on June 8th. As most others have said, the performers are great. The singers were excellent, and the dancers were able to communicate their great energy even though they're staged far away from the audience. The trio of Indian musicians were also great, I just wish I had sat closer to them (I was on the Fastpass+ side, but pretty far to the right). Obviously this theater wasn't designed for this show, and one issue I had was that I wish there was some way for the singers to be more of the focus. I expect the designers wish the same, but I don't know of anything that could be done at this point.

As far as the fountain projections, I had no trouble seeing them. I also thought that the show flowed pretty well. I'd read that the audience didn't even know when to applaud, but that wasn't the case when I was there. Everyone seemed very much involved, and enjoyed it. I had considered not even using my FP after reading the other reviews, but I'm glad I did, and I would recommend others to see this in person before dismissing it.

Bolt

I want to give a quick revue of this show, because it was much different than what I expected after reading other revues. I will admit though that I'm a professional musician who has been involved involved in both performing and designing shows, concerts, musicals, and other pageantry arts. I'm also a fan of Indian music, but I understand that some people just think it sounds annoying.

I watched the 10:30 show on June 8th. As most others have said, the performers are great. The singers were excellent, and the dancers were able to communicate their great energy even though they're staged far away from the audience. The trio of Indian musicians were also great, I just wish I had sat closer to them (I was on the Fastpass+ side, but pretty far to the right). Obviously this theater wasn't designed for this show, and one issue I had was that I wish there was some way for the singers to be more of the focus. I expect the designers wish the same, but I don't know of anything that could be done at this point.

As far as the fountain projections, I had no trouble seeing them. I also thought that the show flowed pretty well. I'd read that the audience didn't even know when to applaud, but that wasn't the case when I was there. Everyone seemed very much involved, and enjoyed it. I had considered not even using my FP after reading the other reviews, but I'm glad I did, and I would recommend others to see this in person before dismissing it.
I was hoping for a revue. Instead, you gave a review. #letdown

Rider

Saw the show last night and I felt pretty much the same. Overall I liked it and the water curtains were working much better than when the show first started.

halltd

Saw it tonight for the first time. The theater itself is stunning...as we already knew. The audio is also AMAZING in the theater. So crisp and clean. I thought it was the best sounding theater on property. And, I must add that the speakers on the light posts are themed amazingly well and barely noticeable. So, kudos to the designers this time around...obviously a different crew than the hub. ;)

The singers and dancers were also great, but I felt the sheer size of this theater hid their abilities from the average guest which is a shame. If this same show had been in something like the Theater of the Stars (Beauty and the Beast), it would've been stunning.

Overall, it was good. Was I blown away? No. But, considering the time the creative team had to whip this up and the fact that this theater was built for an entirely different show, it's good. I was with friends who hadn't been to the parks in a while and they all said it was really good. Even the kids with us liked it.

I'm anxiously awaiting Rivers of Light now. I want to see everything this theater can do because I feel it's not being utilized to its fullest potential right now.

PS: The water in the screens looked cool to me, but the projections were horrible. We were on the FP Asia side near the center and everything was all blurry. So, after a couple of minutes, I didn't even look at them anymore and just focused on the performers. I'm expecting them to be 4k resolution when RoL debuts. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom