interesting Spectromagic rumor

Biff215

For those who don't know, Orddu, Orwen, and Orgoch are characters in the 25th Disney Animated Classic, 1985's The Black Cauldron. They are collectively known as the "Witches of Morva", and the poster by that name who started the thread in question does all of their posts "in character". I don't think its crazy or weird, but rather creative and colorful :)

Getting back on topic, they can keep MSEP at the MK for as long as they would like, and I'd be fine with it! :)

Thanks for the clarification, but it still does seem both crazy and weird to me, but to each his own.

As far as Spectro goes, it can't come back soon enough for me. MSEP is great for the nostalgia factor, but I've now seen it for my past three trips and I'm already over it. I saw Spectro the previous ten, so it's clear what I prefer.

I think the only disappointment would be if Spectro came back without being upgraded or plussed. I just can't think of any excuse for not taking advantage of the downtime, although I guess we're kind of used to second-rate parades in WDW.

Cosmic Commando

Yeah, entertaining and weird... it always amazed me that they had over 2,500 posts like that on Micechat, but I had never even considered that they might be on multiple boards! That is a whole lot of Black Cauldron cyber cosplay.

MarkTwain

I don't know about anyone else, but I always enjoy reading rumors created by someone with an apparent multiple personality disorder....

Too annoying, didn't read.

I started reading, then felt uncomfortable...

What the heck is that suppose to be? :confused: I got about half-way through the first post...I like people who talk like people. :shrug:

Yep, looks like I was beat to the punch, but I was about to clarify that the Witches of Morva are sort of infamous in the DisneyCyberverse for always posting "in character," in reference to the characters from the Black Cauldron (pic). It's often pretty entertaining to read the different witches' perspectives on things, and seeing them fight in the same post and stuff. You get used to it. :lol:

ChristianG

To my understanding, MSEP came to WDW because of DCA's construction.
If I'm right, then they would:
a. Have to come up with a new night parade before the work over at DCA is finished (which I highly doubt)
b. Keep SpectroMagic close by in FL.

DCA is expected to finish with the construction work soon, like in a few years, right? I wouldn't see the point in bring Spectro all the way to France so they could bring it back to FL in a year or two.

If I'm wrong about MSEP coming to FL due to the construction work at DCA, then this post is pointless.. sorry. :lookaroun

Biff215

a. Have to come up with a new night parade before the work over at DCA is finished (which I highly doubt)

DCA is expected to finish with the construction work soon, like in a few years, right? I wouldn't see the point in bring Spectro all the way to France so they could bring it back to FL in a year or two.

If I'm wrong about MSEP coming to FL due to the construction work at DCA, then this post is pointless.. sorry. :lookaroun

You're right, and DCA will likely be ready for another parade (if they even want one) as early as next year. The question is whether or not DLR actually wants it back (rumor).

If Spectro did indeed leave for overseas at any point, it's unlikely we would ever see it again. But assuming that it has been seen recently backstage would indicate that we don't need to worry about that.

MKCP 1985

If you want to see some SpectroMagic love, run the Wine and Dine half marathon. It is a night race and in its inaugural run last fall, there were at least a couple of SpectroMagic floats out on display during the race.

baymenxpac

If you want to see some SpectroMagic love, run the Wine and Dine half marathon. It is a night race and in its inaugural run last fall, there were at least a couple of SpectroMagic floats out on display during the race.

that's right, people! earn your spectromagic with your 13.1 miles!

haha just having fun. that sounds really cool actually :)

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Yep, looks like I was beat to the punch, but I was about to clarify that the Witches of Morva are sort of infamous in the DisneyCyberverse for always posting "in character," in reference to the characters from the Black Cauldron (pic). It's often pretty entertaining to read the different witches' perspectives on things, and seeing them fight in the same post and stuff. You get used to it. :lol:

Perhaps you do. I don't think I would. :lol:

While I can't say whether MSEP came to FL because of DCA's construction, I can say that DCA would have been unable to stage MSEP along anything resembling a reasonable parade route since construction started on The Little Mermaid ride. Every since then, the route has been so narrow in one or more parts that you couldn't run a parade. It will apparently be that way until the Carthay Circle area construction is done, so another year or so, I suspect.

At that point, I would guess that either MSEP will go back to DCA, or Spectro will, just for a change of pace.

TaoBoxer

We took the Keys tour last month. I spoke to the TG for awhile about Spectro, as we were looking at the floats.He told us that if Spectro came back it would be much different, with new music, lights & floats. Which means, WDW refurb consisting of new lights !

BrittanyRose428

Lol @ when people butcher the English language... I have no idea what any of that said, I'll believe something when it actually makes some sense.

spectrodanny

Original Poster
the other reason MSEP is in florida is because of World Of Color. trying to run WOC 2-3 times a nigiht AND a performance of the Electrical Parade was impractical.

TTA94

We took the Keys tour last month. I spoke to the TG for awhile about Spectro, as we were looking at the floats.He told us that if Spectro came back it would be much different, with new music, lights & floats. Which means, WDW refurb consisting of new lights !

Well this has been the rumor for awhile.... Lets hope it becomes a reality!

markc

I'm not sure where the mis-information came to so many people, but MSEP did NOT COME TO WDW because of DCA's Construction!

Granted, the construction doesnt make it easy to maintain a decent parade route - however, that was never going to be an issue either way. Quite simply, the decision came about after a meeting of the minds discovered that Spectro needed a refurb within the next few years, but at the same time, it was discovered that it was impractical and un-necessary for them to run WoC simultaneously while offering MSEP. Thus, a solution was made to send MSEP back to WDW again while Spectro was refurbed. Even when Spectro is completed, it's doubtful that DCA will see the return of the MSEP until the hype over WoC subsides.

mickeysbrother

I Enjoyed spectro magic parade BUT i find that i would rather experience stuff with my family that i grew up with and know. I mean The electrical parade is a classic in my mind. And its just not the same with it not there. The music the floats and just to be with new people in the park is something that i cherrish dearly.

duff527

Some of you people are spoiled! "I'm tired of MSEP", "I've seen it my last 3 trips". Must be nice! I haven't been there since MSEP returned, so I hope its still there when I go in March. I think I saw it once when I was younger but don't really remember.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I prefer MSEP and have preferred it since I first saw Spectro so many years ago. But I really like Spectro as well, and it is disappointing that such a wonderful parade sits unused. I hope that Disney begins using Spectro somewhere very soon. Run Spectro at MK, and move MSEP to Downtown Disney if DCA doesn't want it back.

jrh1985

I prefer MSEP and have preferred it since I first saw Spectro so many years ago. But I really like Spectro as well, and it is disappointing that such a wonderful parade sits unused. I hope that Disney begins using Spectro somewhere very soon. Run Spectro at MK, and move MSEP to Downtown Disney if DCA doesn't want it back.

That's an intresting thought!! I wonder if it would work?????

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

That's an intresting thought!! I wonder if it would work?????

I can't see how MSEP, or any parade for that matter, could fit at DTD. It seems like a very impractical place, if you ask me.

It actually was more interesting when I read it than it was when I wrote it. I doubt the paths are wide enough, but a parade would make the place a lot more of a destination. Which, in the end, is the problem for WDW's DtD -- it has to be a destination in its own right. Disneyland's doesn't, because it's 100 yards from the park entrances.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom