Interesting facts

Lilofan

The people of Puerto Rico love to celebrate their holidays. There are 500 recognized holidays throughout the year. Some days have more than one.

When I visited La Paz, Bolivia the highest altitude city in the world, I was told many insects / bugs cannot survive in that climate. When I woke up every morning seeing literally my head above the clouds was amazing. To combat altitude sickness I drank coca tea throughout the day and chewed on coca leaves ( one huge bag that lasted a week was $7 ) to help me deal with it.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I can do it. :p
In order to hum you have to have your lips closed tight. If you also have your nose clamped off no air can escape the body. No air passing out, no noise is made, ergo not a sound to be heard except possibly the refrigerator humming. With your mouth open you can make a sound similar to humming, but not officially humming. PS... Not sure who made up that rule. It might even be me, but it is cast in bronze now! 🤔

Goofyernmost

But with your mouth shut?
That's why so many people try to find a way to breath through their ears. Well, not for that reason exactly, but still. I remember one time in band camp, no sorry, this was in grade school when we had a talent day. I think it was about 3rd grade and one kid got up to sing and he had to sneeze. He was trying hard not to sneeze so he blocked his mouth and nose with his hand. He sneezed anyway and this weird whistle sound happened. At first he laughed with the rest of us, then all of a sudden the pain hit as he had blown out an ear drum. It healed but he had a real scare there for awhile.

Goofyernmost

Yes! :happy: It may not be the most melodious humming tone sounds (I'm sure @Goofyernmost wouldn't like my humming ;) ) , but I held my nose tight, and I closed my lips and still can produce some humming. :cool:
You can make some noises not unlike the sounds made by an Orca, but any noise is probably heard only inside your head. It really is impossible to make any noise without an exit for the air and the sound. You know I hate to disagree with you because you and I are almost completely alike with our love of cold air and snow... Wait.. maybe not all that close. 🤔 :confused:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I can do it. :p
Me too, but I also discovered that it depends on where you hold your nose.

I can continue to hum if I hold just the front part of my nose, but if I close it off entirely, I can’t really call that sound humming. 😉

Naturally, I would not deign to speak for all. You may able to continue to hum while holding your nose right next to your face.

and now I feel a strange compulsion to rewatch Glee.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom