Trip Report Insurance companies hate me for this one simple trick!

Find out how you can save a ton and take advantage of your insurance company by following along on my LIVE Trip Report starting tomorrow morning!!

Wanna see the current state of WDW for the holiday weekend? Tune in!

Wanna see more pictures of beer than you could possibly imagine? Tune in!

Wanna see me wearing a white t-shirt every day of the week? Tune in!!

Wanna learn how to get a free deluxe Disney resort hotel room for 7 days? Well, I can't help you with that, but you should still tune in!!

Details to come....

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
I can feel the humidity looking at this picture. Like I'm really there! ;)
I'll just pretend you're here and order an extra beer for you each time I get one. The additional imbibing will either have me drunk enough to not care or I'll pass out from heat exhaustion and get some rest, haha

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Ok, it seems I can upload pics again so I'll make this quick.

Donuts for the ladies and fruit cup for puddin' aka, me.

IMG_20200905_073425065.jpg

MK was the park of the day. We took a Lyft so we could get there close to ripe drop. It paid off. We arrive 5 minutes prior to ripe drop.

IMG_20200905_090620908_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200905_091803712_HDR.jpg

Some friends of C and I were checking into BLT later in the morning so I had a quick chat with them to see how things were going.

Crowd levels were very good this morning.

IMG_20200905_092331118_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200905_092639188_HDR.jpg

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yesterday (continued)

With the crowds low, it was time to get some attractions in! We met my sister and her boys over at Big Thunder.

IMG_20200905_093549523.jpg

Followed by Splash Mtn

IMG_20200905_100013130.jpg

IMG_20200905_100115074.jpg

Then Pirates. Instead of a ride photo, I'll show the pic Ingot of the CM cleaning the boats. Why? Because we found the procedure quite odd. She would start at the front of each boat and spray the rows behind the first row. As she proceeded to the next row she would stand directly on the seat she just sprayed to spray the row behind it. What's the point of cleaning it if your just gonna walk all over it with your dirty shoes?

IMG_20200905_105052692.jpg

I'm sure corona virus can't exist on the bottom of your shoes that have been all over the place including the bathroom, smh.

We had a nice ride through the Caribbean and told Carlos to be brave! On the way out, we always enjoy asking the CM's if George is real? For those wondering who George is, it's an old rumor about a worker named George who died during the construction of the ride. Alledgedely the CMs have various superstitions about the whole thing. We've heard various versions of the story but we have fun seeing the reaction you get from the CMs when you ask them. We have had some very funny interactions but this one will be remembered. I asked the (young college aged) CM if he had every had any experiences with George. He shook his head in silence and with a very serious tone said, "that's a real controversial subject and we are not allowed to discuss it". He followed up with, "I try not get into those discussions because people can get upset". The boys and I walked away talking about odd his reaction was and that George must be more serious than we thought. Then one of the boys made an astute observation and said he must have thought we meant George Floyd. Then it all made sense. We were cracking up as we rehashed how it all went down and it made perfect sense. The poor CM must have thought I was crazy for randomly asking him about one of the most impacting moments of the year. It was definitely a "George" story to be remembered.

After sparking controversy at PoTC we hit up Jungle Cruise. We had a pretty full boat and I was the only who yelled in delight at the backside of water. My sister is the VP of her company and there was some issue she had to deal with and was on her phone most of the ride (she was just listening in, not talking).

IMG_20200905_102933827.jpg

After JC we headed over to Space Mtn.

IMG_20200905_115130197.jpg

FYI, my mom forgot to remove her hat and now it most likely sits at the bottom of the tracks, lol.

The crowd levels were increasing as afternoon moved in.

IMG_20200905_120548092.jpg

IMG_20200905_120551387.jpg

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
After SM, the kids wanted ice cream.

The boys each got a Sunday
IMG_20200905_120907394.jpg

IMG_20200905_120913932.jpg

C Minor went with the Space Ranger Slushy. We were laughing the "Instagram vs Reality" of it. Here's what the picture looks like ...

IMG_20200905_121000431.jpg

And here is what she got...

IMG_20200905_120950090_HDR.jpg

She still liked it.

After our snack we went to 7DMT. My sister was still working , lol
IMG_20200905_123342820.jpg

I decided it was time I take a few calls of my own.

IMG_20200906_082650.jpg

Crowds were heaviest by the 7DMT entrance. Still very easy to navigate.

IMG_20200905_123607927_HDR.jpg

We said hi to Oswald before heading out.

IMG_20200905_123709515.jpg

Last edited:

Songbird76

After SM, the kids wanted ice cream.

The boys each got a Sunday
View attachment 495513

View attachment 495514

C Minor went with the Space Ranger Slushy. We were laughing the "Instagram vs Reality" of it. Here's what the picture looks like ...

View attachment 495516

And here is what she got...

View attachment 495515

She still liked it.

After our snack we went to 7DMT. My sister was still working , lol
View attachment 495518

I decided it was time I take a few calls of my own.

View attachment 495517

Crowds were heaviest by the 7DMT entrance. Still very easy to navigate.

View attachment 495519

We said hi to Oswald before heading out.

View attachment 495520
Do I spy a Haunted Mansion handbag?

Those sundaes look so good!!!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Ok, I'll get yesterday caught up but I wanted to share this. We are at HS today and the crowds are DEFINITELY here. This is the standby queue for RnR! It ends back near Sunset Ranch Market! Keep in mind this was less than thirty minutes after park opening.

IMG_20200906_102749651.jpg

And yes, we did a RoTR boarding pass!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
White tees and cold beer. My first catch of the day (Star Wars reference)! Can you name what episode that reference is from??

IMG_20200906_103242761.jpg

Fun thing to do....listen for the screams of joy and also of complete anguish as people do (or do not) get a RoTR boarding pass at 10 am.

We got group 16 do we should be there soon! Mom and C Minor are the only two who haven't experienced it (or Galaxy's Edge for that matter). I'm so excited for them.

ETA:. I was standing still and had a beverage in hand which is in complete compliance and allows you to remove the mask, so please don't worry, or judge me as a rule breaker. I break plenty of rules, but I didn't break that one.

fractal

White tees and cold beer. My first catch of the day (Star Wars reference)! Can you name what episode that reference is from??

View attachment 495556

Fun thing to do....listen for the screams of joy and also of complete anguish as people do (or do not) get a RoTR boarding pass at 10 am.

We got group 16 do we should be there soon! Mom and C Minor are the only two who haven't experienced it (or Galaxy's Edge for that matter). I'm so excited for them.

ETA:. I was standing still and had a beverage in hand which is in complete compliance and allows you to remove the mask, so please don't worry, or judge me as a rule breaker. I break plenty of rules, but I didn't break that one.

View attachment 495556

Good, our first catch of the day. From ESB

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Two days behind, but here for the most likely not-to-be-finished white t-shirt fashion show and beer festival report!
Hey now, pipe down back there!! Lol
I just got an image of you singing to a meatloaf song. "And I would do anything for beer....but I won't do that."
I WOULD do that for beer, lol. Jk.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
They're really pushing hard for mobile ordering only and in galaxies Edge my phone would crash on the app every time I tried to order a beer. I get the need for less contact into space orders out but it's frustrating after three attempts when you could literally just walk up and give them cash or your card and be gone and much less time than I wasted for five minutes trying to get the app to work

IMG_20200906_141304274.jpg

I eventually got it to work and now I finally have a beer LOL.

harleebug

Yesterday (continued)

With the crowds low, it was time to get some attractions in! We met my sister and her boys over at Big Thunder.

View attachment 495501

Followed by Splash Mtn

View attachment 495502

View attachment 495503

Then Pirates. Instead of a ride photo, I'll show the pic Ingot of the CM cleaning the boats. Why? Because we found the procedure quite odd. She would start at the front of each boat and spray the rows behind the first row. As she proceeded to the next row she would stand directly on the seat she just sprayed to spray the row behind it. What's the point of cleaning it if your just gonna walk all over it with your dirty shoes?

View attachment 495505

I'm sure corona virus can't exist on the bottom of your shoes that have been all over the place including the bathroom, smh.

We had a nice ride through the Caribbean and told Carlos to be brave! On the way out, we always enjoy asking the CM's if George is real? For those wondering who George is, it's an old rumor about a worker named George who died during the construction of the ride. Alledgedely the CMs have various superstitions about the whole thing. We've heard various versions of the story but we have fun seeing the reaction you get from the CMs when you ask them. We have had some very funny interactions but this one will be remembered. I asked the (young college aged) CM if he had every had any experiences with George. He shook his head in silence and with a very serious tone said, "that's a real controversial subject and we are not allowed to discuss it". He followed up with, "I try not get into those discussions because people can get upset". The boys and I walked away talking about odd his reaction was and that George must be more serious than we thought. Then one of the boys made an astute observation and said he must have thought we meant George Floyd. Then it all made sense. We were cracking up as we rehashed how it all went down and it made perfect sense. The poor CM must have thought I was crazy for randomly asking him about one of the most impacting moments of the year. It was definitely a "George" story to be remembered.

After sparking controversy at PoTC we hit up Jungle Cruise. We had a pretty full boat and I was the only who yelled in delight at the backside of water. My sister is the VP of her company and there was some issue she had to deal with and was on her phone most of the ride (she was just listening in, not talking).

View attachment 495504

After JC we headed over to Space Mtn.

View attachment 495506

FYI, my mom forgot to remove her hat and now it most likely sits at the bottom of the tracks, lol.

The crowd levels were increasing as afternoon moved in.

View attachment 495511

View attachment 495512
Tell her Lee did the same thing with his hat last year on Space!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Quick rant:

There seems to be two type of cast members nowadays. There are the ones who are normal and do not freak out if you make a mistake and walk the wrong way, and then there are the ones who absolutely lose their minds and panic as if everybody will die if you accidentally attempt to exit through the same door you entered.

And there are cast members who have on yellow shirts and heaven forbid if you even attempt to readjust your mask, they pop up out of nowhere to remind you that you're not allowed to have your nose exposed at any time.

Dining options at the resorts are extremely limited but it seems after Friday there was a big influx of guests coming in for the holiday weekend and I would have thought they would open a few more dining places but they did not and there is either a very long line at the boardwalk bakery or the walk up pizza window or you can try and get a reservation at trattoria El forno which is next to impossible. I've walked up about 45 minutes prior to closing and was able to get a table for one and order a small pizza which was very nice and extremely delicious.

In the end , the limited dining, the heat and the masks and the humidity are all tolerable and I'm just happy that the parks and resorts are open and we can enjoy them once again. but there are just several moments throughout the day when a cast member is just ridiculously passive aggressive about which way you're moving or if your mask is not 1000% correct.

and please don't misunderstand me I am not walking around half masking or trying to take it off. There was an incident at Animal Kingdom where I tried to adjust my mask and the top flap folded under and while I was adjusting it to pull it back up a cast member in the yellow short literally followed us for 50 yards after telling me to fix it and I told her it got stuck and I was unfolding it while moving. She seriously followed us. I stopped and pulled out my bottle of water and sat down and of course there was no problem with me completely removing my mask and she walked back to her station. I literally took three steps to the side and sat down and all of the sudden there was no problem with my mask being completely off. IMO, that's just silly.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I am very surprised that your ToT photo appeared, given that two masks were not properly secured. Disney has been very careful about not allowing “official” photos (either ride or Photopass) to appear in MDE if someone’s mask is flipped up, pulled down or off.

I have at least two ride photos that never appeared in MDE because of mask issues.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom