Instinct

k.hunter30

Original Poster
Did anyone get the new Sprint Samsung Instinct yet? DH is considering getting it; but I'd love to hear what some other people think about it.

k.hunter30

Original Poster
Why settle for an iPhone ripoff when you can get the actual thing? :lookaroun
Easy... $$$
;)

Not only is it a cheaper phone for us, but we definitely wouldn't want to switch carriers and pay a whole lot more every month--plus run the risk of more dropped calls! :king:

WDWFREAK53

You'd choose Sprint over AT&T???

That's exactly the step I took...and I'm SO GLAD I went to AT&T.

I haven't used it or seen it yet but as far as price is concerned, the iPhone 3G will be $199.

k.hunter30

Original Poster
You'd choose Sprint over AT&T???

That's exactly the step I took...and I'm SO GLAD I went to AT&T.

I haven't used it or seen it yet but as far as price is concerned, the iPhone 3G will be $199.
The iPhone is just definitely not an option for us, because of the carrier. While I bet the iPhone would be nice and most likely a lot "cooler," we just can't rationalize switching from Sprint to AT&T for that reason.

A colleague of DH's just got the Instinct, I found out. Hopefully DH will be able to play with that one a little bit to make sure it's what he needs and wants.

He basically just needs a phone with Internet so that he can check e-mail, etc. wherever he goes since his line of work rarely has him in an office in front of a computer. He'd also really need a good scheduler/planner, with as many meetings as he has. The GPS is a plus, as is the touch sreen.

He's been doing some research on new "smart phones" (I think they're called...?) for the past month or so. I'm clueless when it comes to this stuff, so I'm hoping he knows what he wants, and more importantly, what he needs in a new phone.

k.hunter30

Original Poster
Just an update:

Well, after furthing thinking about his options and a visit to the Sprint store, DH decided the Blackberry is more suitable to his needs. It was hard for him to pass up the Instinct (he loves new and shiny things! :lol:), but I'm happy that he decided to go with what is best in the long run. The blackberry he's getting is actually more than the Instinct. They didn't have any in, so we're waiting until they get another shipment.

In other news... my mom needed a new phone so she went with us as well. She decided to go with the Instinct! :eek: Yeah, she's 66 and doesn't even know how to text message, but made the decision to go with that. What really sold her was the long battery life and additional battery that comes with it as a back-up.

I decided I'd probably end up getting a new phone as well, since I had earned my rebate along with Dh and my mom. DH talked me into getting an Instict. While I've only had it for a day or so... I almost feel overwhlemed... I hope to catch on to all of its features soon. :eek:

The best thing was the plan. We'll only pay $30 more buy upgrading to the all-inclusive data plan for all three phones and 800 extra minutes. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom