insiders ONLY... is there a possibility that the Magical Express comes back..

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's classified.
1670244000133.jpeg

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
from what i am hearing along with the genie + and the reservations/ park hopper complaints , the next thing in line is the Magical Express.. SO no speculation but we have some true insiders here.. or we did.. So is there a major possibility that the Magical Express will come back.. or are we doomed to try and find our own way to and from the parks when we land in Orlando?

Did you ask one of the Bus Drivers?

JusticeDisney

Until somebody points me to a service where I donā€™t have to touch my luggage from the time I leave it at my home airport until the time that it appears in my resort room, there are no meaningful comparisons between the former ME and what exists now.

thomas998

Doomed? That's precious.

I found transportation easy to get before Magical Express started.

Once Magical Express started I tried it once, once.

I found it neither Magical or Express.
Bingo. We used it twice, once it worked fine... the other time is took hours from out trip. Nothing more annoying than standing in a line for 3 hours just to get to the resort where you'll be standing in line every hour you are there for something.

Goofyernmost

from what i am hearing along with the genie + and the reservations/ park hopper complaints , the next thing in line is the Magical Express.. SO no speculation but we have some true insiders here.. or we did.. So is there a major possibility that the Magical Express will come back.. or are we doomed to try and find our own way to and from the parks when we land in Orlando?
Pretty much how it was done for the first 34 years of the existence of WDW. It seemed to do well over those years.

graphite1326

I hope there is negotiations with Mears it was a great benefit...Granted even tho they said it was free it was hidden fee within your resort stay. And luggage return was such a weightlifter to just walk straight pass the drop-off at the airport.
I really hope they bring back the airport check in at the resort. I really hate going to the airport and standing in that long line. They could still do this even though they don't bring back ME.

jloucks

MCO car rentals can be a hot mess if you arrive late at night.

Our one and only trip we made where we did Uni first, we felt the pain of no DME. We arrived super late (like midnightish) and we were going to rent a car, but the line, I shoot you not, was well over an hour long. We were so tired and just wanted to get to our room.

After standing in line for about 10 minutes and seeing how slow it was moving, I ducked out the door and asked a Mears black suv how much to Uni. Only ~$50! ...this was a few years ago and I have written about it before.

And with that, the odds of me ever renting a car in Orlando just plummeted.

With the demise of DME, the odds of me ever going to Orlando again just plummeted.

One a side note, I don't agree that DME is a free ride as life has taught me nothing is free. Obviously the cost is built into the visit.

We are all going to pay one way or another to get from MCO to WDW. Why can't Disney just build it in and get the money? Now the money goes to Mears directly. More importantly, it makes the whole experience feel shoddy.

That is why I have been mostly cruising as of late. If you love Disney, but are tired of the parks, you should try the DCL. Now THAT was amazing.

Raxel7851

I guess my point may be similar. If you begin to offer something that was for the most part very well received, then yank it away years later, donā€™t be surprised if thereā€™s major blowback. Even though as I wrote, I never used it, but if it were available when I flew down, darn right I would have used it. Prices change, I get that, perks change, get that too. And while weā€™re here debating these things, guess what? The crowds keep coming and spending $$$$$$.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Until somebody points me to a service where I donā€™t have to touch my luggage from the time I leave it at my home airport until the time that it appears in my resort room,

Itā€™s called ā€œAmerican Airlinesā€

Although I wouldnā€™t count on the ā€œappears in my resort roomā€ part. Your bags will be in Geneva.

Last edited:

SteveAZee

So there isn't a transportation company that does exactly what DME did, but for a price? I guess I wonder if more people are moaning about having to pay for transportation now or is it the simplicity of home airport to hotel room without hassle? If it's the latter, I'm a little surprised neither Mears nor Sunshine have that option as an add-on (yes, I know it's probably a combination of the two).

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
So there isn't a transportation company that does exactly what DME did, but for a price? I guess I wonder if more people are moaning about having to pay for transportation now or is it the simplicity of home airport to hotel room without hassle? If it's the latter, I'm a little surprised neither Mears nor Sunshine have that option as an add-on (yes, I know it's probably a combination of the two).
It was the fact you could land and go to a park without having to deal with luggage. You could land at 6am, take the express, go to the bus stop, go to a park, close the park, and get back to your room with luggage waiting.

SteveAZee

It was the fact you could land and go to a park without having to deal with luggage. You could land at 6am, take the express, go to the bus stop, go to a park, close the park, and get back to your room with luggage waiting.
It sounds great and people seem to have liked that, so... any thoughts as to why Mears or Sunshine wouldn't offer it as an option? It it waiting for some plucky entrepreneur to step into the space, or is there something we don't know about the complexity of moving people's bags from A to B? Liability? Just wondering. Nature abhors a vacuum, as does capitalism, so I'm just curious as to why companies aren't responding to this need/want.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
It sounds great and people seem to have liked that, so... any thoughts as to why Mears or Sunshine wouldn't offer it as an option? It it waiting for some plucky entrepreneur to step into the space, or is there something we don't know about the complexity of moving people's bags from A to B? Liability? Just wondering. Nature abhors a vacuum, as does capitalism, so I'm just curious as to why companies aren't responding to this need/want.
Its Disney I assume not wanting to get luggage from bus to room.

JoeCamel

Bags Inc did the airport to hotel transfer but Disney put it in the rooms. Dis no longer wants to do that - tell Bob
Its Disney I assume not wanting to get luggage from bus to room.
Exactly

Lilofan

Bags Inc did the airport to hotel transfer but Disney put it in the rooms. Dis no longer wants to do that - tell Bob

Exactly
Disney cast put bags in room - cast gets hurt pulls their back - workers compensation is not cheap. Money to pay for injuries and rehab comes out of the Mouse profits.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom