insiders ONLY... is there a possibility that the Magical Express comes back..

JustAFan

Magical Express was not run by Disney. It was a contract with Mears Transportation which is a taxi company. You see their taxis all around Orlando and is the only company that can have taxis waiting on property.

As far as I know, Mears is now doing airport transportation under their own name but you now have to pay them directly. Would Mears want that contract back?
M.E. may not have been run by Disney, but it was subsidized by Disney. Yes, as the consumer, I paid. However, removing it as a 'complimentary' service meant I got less service for the same or even more cost. Such is the Disney way anymore.

KeithVH

This is all related to problems at DMED. Has anyone confirmed that the parks are in a hiring freeze? They can’t be that would be insane.

That is true, I was thinking of Disney as a whole. DMED definitely is in for more trouble. The fact that Chapek's hiring of McKinsey and Iger's acceptance of the recommendations is not good news for anyone there. With them relying on McKinsey recs, it should have scared the bejeezus out of everyone. As a Big Four consultant myself, they're kinda like Bruno.

Minnesota disney fan

I thought disney only started the DME to help keep guests onsite for their whole vacation.
It made sense that if you fly in, ride the ME, and get to WDW, chances are you won't go anywhere else until you fly home. At least that is what we did. We loved the DME and it felt like the magical start to a WDW vacation to us. We fly from a long way away and it was always a welcome experience. I do feel that the ME helped keep guests inside WDW at that time.
Now with all the pay for ride systems out there, I guess they felt they would not benefit from DME anymore.
I wish it was back, but I am in the minority on this thread.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
As a Big Four consultant myself, they're kinda like Bruno.
Summer Pixar GIF by Walt Disney Studios

Kamikaze

That is true, I was thinking of Disney as a whole. DMED definitely is in for more trouble. The fact that Chapek's hiring of McKinsey and Iger's acceptance of the recommendations is not good news for anyone there. With them relying on McKinsey recs, it should have scared the bejeezus out of everyone. As a Big Four consultant myself, they're kinda like Bruno.
1) DMED is gone. The companies under DMED have already been told they are being reorganized.
2) No article I've seen has said Iger accepted anything about the McKinsey & Co report. If anything he'd throw them out since its being reported that its one of the major reasons Chapek was fired. And he said he was going to put more power into creative's hands, and thats the direct opposite of the report.

From WSJ:
The McKinsey plans weren’t completed, and it isn’t clear whether Mr. Iger will implement any of the consultants’ recommendations, according to people familiar with the situation.

TalkToEthan

insiders ONLY... is there a possibility that the Magical Express comes back..​

possible vs probable

You’re really asking what is the probability/likelihood.

Yes there is a possibility but I think it’s safe to say not very likely to happen.

This is post Eisner Disney not Oriental Land so expect lousy customer service and permanent cuts

Goofyernmost

If it only had insider information, this thread would have stopped after the first post. There aren't that many that can count on information being accurate and letting stuff out like that as a definite is frowned upon. You would get basically the same information from a fan as you would from an insider because the true answer is who knows, so all you can do is make educated guesses which is what have been here from after the first post making the question.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
If it only had insider information, this thread would have stopped after the first post. There aren't that many that can count on information being accurate and letting stuff out like that as a definite is frowned upon. You would get basically the same information from a fan as you would from an insider because the true answer is who knows, so all you can do is make educated guesses which is what have been here from after the first post making the question.
#wisdom.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I actually never got to ride in the dang thing. I always rented a car and was busy doing that that while the family got a head start and went with the bags to the resort. Was great not to have to lug bags once we dropped them off at our departing airport, and then having them arrive at our room later that day, that was "magical"
If they could somehow bring back the luggage part of magic express as well as luggage check in for the flight back that would be incredible.
Were you guys on a mission for the CIA or something? 😎

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom