Insider info/ AMA on WDW's 50th Ann.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickeyboof

Brayden’s blog seems very sweet but damn, his bio is longer than most accomplished professionals.

There’s even a mention of his GPA in there.

It’s also very awkward to read bios that were self authored, but still refer to themselves in the third person.

Sir_Cliff

Brayden’s blog seems very sweet but damn, his bio is longer than most accomplished professionals.

I must admit that I do find that kind of endearing as it reminds me of how important every little decision, achievement, and twist and turn of your life appears when you're that young.

Is this rant still on the boards?
I would also like to see it. Never quite known what happened as he seemed friendly enough, and then suddenly there was talk of a big bust up.

Mickeyboof

I must admit that I do find that kind of endearing as it reminds me of how important every little decision, achievement, and twist and turn of your life appears when you're that young.

I would also like to see it. Never quite known what happened as he seemed friendly enough, and then suddenly there was talk of a big bust up.

I hesitated giving my opinion about it, because of how genuine it’s written.

We really should be cautious here. We really don’t know if the two accounts are the same author. This kid is clearly passionate. If he is @Disnerd2003 I hope he just stops posting or apologizes.

I have my coins on Catherine Powell behind the Disnerd mask.

_caleb

It’s also very awkward to read bios that were self authored, but still refer to themselves in the third person.
I think Brayden is really trying to make a career of his site, and I say more power to him. As he grows, I think he'll develop better sources, a strong audience base, and find his niche in the fandom. The long bio seems a bit much now, but it's the kind of thing that can help an audience feel like they know an internet personality.

I find it interesting, though, to contrast Brayden's approach with this site's. Here, things tend to be low-key and anonymous. WDWMagic isn't built on any one personality, and thus has developed a personality of its own.

I'd be interested to see which approach generates more ad revenue.

Mickeyboof

I think Brayden is really trying to make a career of his site, and I say more power to him. As he grows, I think he'll develop better sources, a strong audience base, and find his niche in the fandom. The long bio seems a bit much now, but it's the kind of thing that can help an audience feel like they know an internet personality.

I find it interesting, though, to contrast Brayden's approach with this site's. Here, things tend to be low-key and anonymous. WDWMagic isn't built on any one personality, and thus has developed a personality of its own.

I'd be interested to see which approach generates more ad revenue.

Very true! Very true.

It reminds me of that day in your early adulthood when you can finally take your high school credits off a resume. It’s a hike to get to that point, but it’s oh so worth it.

Constructive criticism never hurts along the way ;)

Sir_Cliff

Very true! Very true.

It reminds me of that day in your early adulthood when you can finally take your high school credits off a resume. It’s a hike to get to that point, but it’s oh so worth it.
I was thinking of just the same thing and feeling self-satisfied about being at a place in my life where high school has receded into the mists of time and off the CV!

I'm also kind of interested to see how Brayden's ambition turns out regarding building a career from his website. I admire his ambition, and I'm sure the skills he's learning won't go to waste whether it works out or not. To me, it seems hard to imagine scaling this up into a business that will support him long term and I do wonder about the way in which he's placing himself at the centre of the product he's selling. Still, if other people are full time video blogging about Disney Parks and living off it, maybe he can do it. Honestly, that seems like a surefire way to drain the pleasure out of going to WDW.

I'm still interested to see what the rant was on here, though! I thought everyone was generally sympathetic to him and vice versa, then something happened...

MaximumEd

I'm still interested to see what the rant was on here, though! I thought everyone was generally sympathetic to him and vice versa, then something happened...

I spend more time on here than I probably should, but I have no idea what the dust up was. Must have missed it.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I was thinking of just the same thing and feeling self-satisfied about being at a place in my life where high school has receded into the mists of time and off the CV!

I'm also kind of interested to see how Brayden's ambition turns out regarding building a career from his website. I admire his ambition, and I'm sure the skills he's learning won't go to waste whether it works out or not. To me, it seems hard to imagine scaling this up into a business that will support him long term and I do wonder about the way in which he's placing himself at the centre of the product he's selling. Still, if other people are full time video blogging about Disney Parks and living off it, maybe he can do it. Honestly, that seems like a surefire way to drain the pleasure out of going to WDW.

It was about D23 and Brazil. And it was poofed.

Disnerd2003

Original Poster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom