Inside Out 2

CJR

Higher presales than Onward, Lightyear, and Elemental? I should hope so!

It's also important to note that Inside Out was released in 2015 and I think pre-sales are more common today than a decade ago. For example, AMC A-List debuted in 2018 and allows pre-booking at no extra charge. That would most certainly change the amount of people booking in advance.

So while strong pre-bookings are a great thing, it's hard to read into the weekend ahead. I hope it does well and it certainly should do better than the other post-covid releases.

BrianLo

Original Poster
I keep an eye on the number of screenings for movies at the 6 AMC theaters in my market, and Inside Out 2 is primed to be the biggest release (or maybe 2nd biggest? I don't recall where Dune 2 started) of the year so far.

It's got 104 screenings on Saturday.

For comparison:
KFP4 - 87
GxK - 85
Apes - 75
IF - 74
Bad Boys - 70
Furiosa - 67

Deadline looks to have it at 85. Box Office Pro is giving a range of 85-115, which seems like quite a non-specific wide range. Both are a tad above Dune 2.

I think that's probably the bragging line at this juncture heading into the weekend. Clearing Dune 2's 82.5 opening and there's nothing but "biggest opening of the year" headlines exiting it.

An upset disappointment for them would be low or sub 70's.

Phroobar

Presales for animated films at theatres near me are normally pretty meh, but I’m seeing lots of showings all weekend with TONS of seats sold.

This feels like a hit, for a change.

Yay!
I'm not seeing that trend at my theater. It looks empty but it is showing 18 times a day. Regular viewing time 6-9pm are fairly empty all weekend long. That doesn't mean it will not make money. I'd say the odds of passing Dune 2 is remote at best.

Disney Analyst

Certified fresh now at 89% and consensus is released:

IMG_1819.jpeg

DKampy

I keep an eye on the number of screenings for movies at the 6 AMC theaters in my market, and Inside Out 2 is primed to be the biggest release (or maybe 2nd biggest? I don't recall where Dune 2 started) of the year so far.

It's got 104 screenings on Saturday.

For comparison:
KFP4 - 87
GxK - 85
Apes - 75
IF - 74
Bad Boys - 70
Furiosa - 67
I will say looking at the times for inside out 2 at my local theater… It appears to be on the most screens I have seen all yea…. Inside out2 us playing at least once an hour as well as one theaters for 3d and one on the ultra screen… my theater’s answer to IMax

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom