Inside Edition undercover report on WDW hotels. 5:58 pm eastern

teebin

Original Poster
Contemporary Resort
Chambermaids washing the mugs and glasses in the hotel room sink with faucet water and bare hands.

YankeeMouse

She also rinsed out the glasses with just water, no soap, started to dry them off with the towel, rubbed the towel on her mouth or nose, it appeared, (back to hidden camera) and then dried the glasses with that same towel. This was part of the Contemporary part of the expose. Ewww.

The MaD Hatter

Well this may help explain why I got extremely sick the last time I stayed at the Contemporary. Unfortunately unsanitary handling of glasses is occurring all over the country. From now on I will only use disposable cups in hotel rooms. If there aren't any in the room, I will call the front desk and request some because who knows what germs/diseases are lurking on those glasses that haven't seen a drop of soap in who knows how long.

wedway71

It is coming on at 7 here in Indy channel 7.

They did a local Expose' on some local Luxury Hotels in Downtown Indy like the Conrad. They busted Maids drinking left over coffee straight out of the Coffee makers and usinf bare hands in the sink to clean glasses.

They were fired right away with the GM sending out an Apology.

My Wife rolls her eyes when I say I want to bring plastic silverware out to restaraunts.

Skyway

I don't know if that's actually against any rules, but I for one see no problem with it.

Uhhh.... huge problems. A glass touches someone's lips, possibly transferring any bacteria and viruses they may have had. Or the glass may have held a spoil-able liquid like milk.

Without soap and scalding-hot water, the glasses would be extremely unsanitary.

And before anyone begins with the anti-media "they're just trying to get Disney", keep in mind that Disney is one of the country's largest (and most expensive) hotel operators. Inside Edition didn't go to the No-Tell Motel. They went to one of a big hotel company's flagship properties.

Sure it may have been one bad employee...but obviously Inside Edition had enough prior suspicion to book a room there with cameras rolling.

Enigma

Account Suspended
Does anyone have this posted on the internet somewhere yet? What news channel was it on I will check there website?

Coasterman18

If I am thinking of the same expose, this is nothing to do with Disney.

It was several other hotel chains that used this practice. They also used windex to clean the glasses. After this was uncovered, each of those hotels went to using plastic and styrofoam cups in there hotels.

shanny

when we were staying at the poly there were regular glasses in the bathroom, i cleaned them before and after using them, even if just to rinse my mouth out. you just dont know anymore, and have to be extra careful! i havent seen this video yet though, is it posted online anywhere? :confused:

Kamikaze

If you go on their website, insideedition.com, you can see a short little teaser for it right on the front page.

The part I like the best is the woman listing the 'things' you can catch from it. Yeah, idiot, you can. You can also catch those from a thousand other places besides the glasses. Such as the doorknobs.

wedway71

Could always be worse.....

They could have busted them for cleaning their false teeth in a glass

or using a glass for their Dip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom