Insane crowds, more space needed

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't see wait times as the issue. It's the people just walking around in the common areas too much . I've never waited 2 hours for anything at MK and I don't think anything except 7DMT is really ever a 2 hr wait.

I think that disasterous fastpass 2.0
Is directly causing this. The lack of standby lines that MOVE is dumping more people onto the paths.

It’s what they want...but it isn’t really working. Are merch sales up? I would guess they are not. Because it’s not that simple.

It’s kinda Frankenstein at this point.

Kamikaze

I think that disasterous fastpass 2.0
Is directly causing this. The lack of standby lines that MOVE is dumping more people onto the paths.

It’s what they want...but it isn’t really working. Are merch sales up? I would guess they are not. Because it’s not that simple.

It’s kinda Frankenstein at this point.

It is exactly what they want. You can't buy anything standing in a queue. And the numbers say they are up.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It is exactly what they want. You can't buy anything standing in a queue. And the numbers say they are up.

What numbers? I believe they say “revenues are up” and “guest spending is up”

That is 1000% ambiguous. The goal of fast pass has long been known.

And fastpass 1.0 was most definitely for this very purpose. I submit that 2.0 is not doing the same job.

raven

No...a fireworks display that didn’t have a single vantage point.

There can’t be a “park wide digital mapping show”...unless a park is constructed with a “back wall”
Don’t need walls for digital mapping. It can be projected on anything. I’ve used the technology for outdoor events for several years now and it can be projected on odd-shaped buildings, trees, rocks, water and even moving objects.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Don’t need walls for digital mapping. It can be projected on anything. I’ve used the technology for outdoor events for several years now and it can be projected on odd-shaped buildings, trees, rocks, water and even moving objects.
2fk992.jpg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Yeah...but that wasn’t what was being discussed. It was crowding due to fireworks. And the show with a limited field of view is putting more stain on that dynamic

jloucks

Yeah, it's a mess when when it finishes and people disburse in different directions, but, I just see that as part of the adventure.

Like getting a root canal. I always found that to be quite the adventure.

Like when the tooth particles shoot out of your mouth, and up your nose. Making you sneeze, coating the drill with skull drippins.

For added adventure, opt for the laughing gas. Well worth it.

Now, if we could just get WDW to issue gas with the fireworks. That would be awesome! Crowds, schmouds, it was be fun!

geekza

Like when the tooth particles shoot out of your mouth, and up your nose. Making you sneeze, coating the drill with skull drippins.

Now, if we could just get WDW to issue gas with the fireworks. That would be awesome! Crowds, schmouds, it was be fun!
I mean, since alcohol has been introduced in the MK you now have the option of being "gassed" while watching the fireworks.

GeoffR

I agree with a lot of the comments. Another park will not solve an issue with MK fireworks. They need to find ways to distribute the crowd better at night. Having 30-60,000 people in the most narrow area of the park has never worked, and the parks are as crowded now as they ever have been. I say, let's fix THIS problem, before we just add another problem with another park. Let's finish our dinner before we have dessert. I think this Disney administration has a bad habit of jumping to the next thing before finishing and fixing what is already there

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I agree with a lot of the comments. Another park will not solve an issue with MK fireworks. They need to find ways to distribute the crowd better at night. Having 30-60,000 people in the most narrow area of the park has never worked, and the parks are as crowded now as they ever have been. I say, let's fix THIS problem, before we just add another problem with another park. Let's finish our dinner before we have dessert. I think this Disney administration has a bad habit of jumping to the next thing before finishing and fixing what is already there

Did I mention I have a plan for that linked in my sig below?

;)

smile

the only people this should be a problem for are guests... but it's not.
- some also seem to think everybody packed into the hub and ms in an accident - it is not; that's exactly where you're supposed to be.

watch the show > feel good > buy something > leave

nothing to fix

EricPZ

Meh...nah, the sky isn't falling. It's crowded, but no worse than my local mall in December.

Last edited:

bearprn

The cattle call packed in at the fireworks is a mass causality incident waiting to happen.

All it’s going to take is one stampede... never underestimate the stupidity of cattle, errr people in large groups.
I have been saying this for years ! I only pray I am wrong because that would be very bad and no way to control it once it is started.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom