Innoventions into Big Hero 6

HM GhostHostess

Eww, no thank you. Please keep characters, except for Figment, and movie/tv/cartoon related things out of Epcot. Innoventions has been suffering for a while, but at least the THINK exhibit is educational, intriguing, and inspires hope for the future use of technology and science. If they could put in more exhibits like THINK, Innoventions would be in better shape.

I will be distraught if THINK closes; especially if it's for some "exhibit" related to a Disney movie. Why can't people these days relate to things in Disney theme parks unless there is some movie character involved?

minsmk

Eww, no thank you. Please keep characters, except for Figment, and movie/tv/cartoon related things out of Epcot. Innoventions has been suffering for a while, but at least the THINK exhibit is educational, intriguing, and inspires hope for the future use of technology and science. If they could put in more exhibits like THINK, Innoventions would be in better shape.

I will be distraught if THINK closes; especially if it's for some "exhibit" related to a Disney movie. Why can't people these days relate to things in Disney theme parks unless there is some movie character involved?

First, have you even seen bh6? It actually isn't just like frozen or tangled. And, some kids have to connect to characters (Unlike I was as a child) AND so many kids these days hate science, math, and algebra. Why not get them into it by letting Hiro and Baymax teach them? Besides, innoventions isn't communicore nor does it live up to communicore.

Monorail_Red_77

I was at Epcot this past week on Wed Jan 14th. We went to Innoventions West for a quick sit down rest. There is a room across from the Piggy Bank attraction that used to have tables and chairs that had a graphical pixilated look to them. They are all gone now with just some benches in the room. This with the closures recently announced I hope that this means that they are planning a refurb of some sort. There is just not much left in this exibit hall. I think that they should move all of the exibits together into either East or West. This way Innoventions will be full and then they can use wich ever side is empty for a new attraction or two. Maybe move the festival halls there and reuse/rehab the wonders of life pavilion.

Monorail_Red_77

While we are at it how about making another hunt type of game. Like the Pirates hunt game or Sorcer of Magic Kingdom, etc. Here's the idea. You could use all of the second floor abandoned conference areas that use to be used for the sponsors of the Pavilions. Like the one above Spaceship Earth, where the windows are that face south towards the fountain. They could even leave them in the shape they are currently in. They could base it off of LOST. So all of the 1980's décor and dust would be ok. I think this would be kinda cool and make use of the unused space around EPCOT. Just my thoughts though.

roj2323

While we are at it how about making another hunt type of game. Like the Pirates hunt game or Sorcer of Magic Kingdom, etc. Here's the idea. You could use all of the second floor abandoned conference areas that use to be used for the sponsors of the Pavilions. Like the one above Spaceship Earth, where the windows are that face south towards the fountain. They could even leave them in the shape they are currently in. They could base it off of LOST. So all of the 1980's décor and dust would be ok. I think this would be kinda cool and make use of the unused space around EPCOT. Just my thoughts though.
They use those conference areas all the time especially the ones above spaceship earth and test track. I do agree however that making use of all of the empty space or at least some of it would be a welcome change.

Communicore

Why? Epcot theme park is already characterizated, so I am all for more of these!

roj2323

I hope it closes, I hope they all close as I keep hearing the old Communicore floor scream from underneath the concrete that they piled on top of it. "Please free me, I am trapped!"
Is there any good photos of communicore before its conversion? I keep hearing about the multiple levels but I've never seen photos of it.

dstrawn9889

Is there any good photos of communicore before its conversion? I keep hearing about the multiple levels but I've never seen photos of it.
don't think there was more multiple levels, but i remember that the old communicore you had to step down several steps to reach the floor... sunken floor level

jensenrick

In all honesty, the old communicore was seriously dated and would be dead today - (with the exception of the Fountain of Information- it was very dated, but made up for it by being beautiful )

Monorail_Red_77

I hope it closes, I hope they all close as I keep hearing the old Communicore floor scream from underneath the concrete that they piled on top of it. "Please free me, I am trapped!"

Actually, I was on part of the floor near the test labs that were shut down recently. There was a seating section that had some nice parabolic speakers from 1990's. It was/is the section where you can play with a handheld microscope. If you jump on the floor it makes a nice boom sound. Seems like they laid metal over the old sunken sections of communicore and then just put on carpet. Kinda like if you jump on the floor at the waiting area in front of the automagic doors at Philharmagic. It too has a metalic hollow sound. As if rides from years past were trying to speak to us.

Brer Panther

I wouldn't except any Big Hero 6 rides in the parks anytime soon. Disney doesn't seem to care about it that much (probably because it didn't make as much money as Frozen yet).

Jon81uk

I wouldn't except any Big Hero 6 rides in the parks anytime soon. Disney doesn't seem to care about it that much (probably because it didn't make as much money as Frozen yet).

I'm not expecting a ride, just a change of name overlay to Innoventions. Keep the internals the same, just rename the space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom