Innoventions into Big Hero 6

AngryEyes

I noticed the dznycharacter whatever guy on Twitter seemingly hint that the Inside Out characters could possilby be meeting at Epcot. Where would all of them go? (Maybe Wonders of Life ... they really should put an Inside Out show in Cranium Command's old spot)

I'm open to the Big Hero 6 idea, if done right, but I have to wonder if this space will become just meet and greet space.

I think it seems like a good fit, if not just a meet & greet.

On the Inside/Out front, the minute I heard about it, I thought it was a no-brainer that it would end up in Wonders of Life, as in, "I wonder if Disney was planning this all along."

Ignohippo

Again, where have you been hearing Inside Out for Imagination? A Bus Driver that has an uncle that works at Nintendo?

I've been on here along time and anyone who follows me knows I have friends inside both Disney and Uni. I've broken quite a bit of news on here, I just don't shout it from the rooftops.

Believe what you want. Just repeating what I've been told by a very reliable person.

H2O_Mouse-Ears

Regarding Innoventions and Epcot in general, is there a reason why Disney has had so much trouble obtaining sponsors to fill the areas? I feel it would be a good opportunity for corporations to get in on but I am assuming it has to do with the cost. These sponsorships are key to truly unlocking the potential for Epcot, especially in light of the declining state of many of the attractions (i.e. Figment, Universe of Energy).

roj2323

I'm perfectly ok with a Big Hero 6 tie in at Epcot. Sure it's a animated movie but if that's the tie in they need to make science exciting for kids I'm all for it. As for an Inside Out tie in for the Wonders of Life pavilion I would be ok with this if for no other reason than it would reopen the pavilion hopefully with an attraction or two.

MissAlmyra

I'd love to see this! A robotics expo would be lots of a fun and a very exciting edition to Innoventions. A big part of the positive reaction to BH6 was how it portrayed science and technology, especially to young people. Capturing their imagination with some cutting edge-displays (and keeping them fresh) would be a great way to breath life into Future World.

H2O_Mouse-Ears

I'd love to see this! A robotics expo would be lots of a fun and a very exciting edition to Innoventions. A big part of the positive reaction to BH6 was how it portrayed science and technology, especially to young people. Capturing their imagination with some cutting edge-displays (and keeping them fresh) would be a great way to breath life into Future World.
Totally Agreed!

SnarkyMonkey

I have to say that I am very excited about this possibility. I think Big Hero 6 would fit very well in Innoventions for all the reasons already stated. And I'm someone who wasn't thrilled by the movie. (I know, I know, bad nerd!)

Last edited:

Jon81uk

Wasn't sure on a good place to discuss this, so this will do. (I do think that using Big Hero 6 to turn Innoventions into the SF IoT is a great idea).

Just read about KidZania http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/01/19/grow which is an educational, entertaining, "theme park" for kids to pretend to be adults. Almost all of the tasks are sponsored by suitable corporations. So Nestle sponsor a food making task etc.
At the same time Disney cannot get corporate sponsorship for Epcot like they could 20-30 years ago. KidZania just sounded a bit like Epcot should be.

maddie_odair

Wasn't sure on a good place to discuss this, so this will do. (I do think that using Big Hero 6 to turn Innoventions into the SF IoT is a great idea).

Just read about KidZania http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/01/19/grow which is an educational, entertaining, "theme park" for kids to pretend to be adults. Almost all of the tasks are sponsored by suitable corporations. So Nestle sponsor a food making task etc.
At the same time Disney cannot get corporate sponsorship for Epcot like they could 20-30 years ago. KidZania just sounded a bit like Epcot should be.

There was a place exactly like this called Wannado City in Fort Lauderdale. I loved that place when I was a kid and I used to go whenever I could but sadly they went out of business a couple of years ago.

Back on topic: I think Big Hero 6 would make sense going into innovations as a science fair type idea but not just a meet and greet.

SnarkyMonkey

This sounds absolutely wonderful!

DVC91

I think a BH6-style technology exhibit would fit perfectly in that location. If there were one section for some kind of meet and greet, fine, but I think having a place to showcase new, upcoming, and conceptualized technology with the theming of BH6 would benefit Future World greatly. Perhaps tech could be borrowed for show much like the old items on display throughout World Showcase? A sort of mash-up of museum meets queue for Test Track meets tech demo/expo. I think it has quite the amount of potential

Can we go yet?

Lots of talk of Imagination in a Innoventions related thread-If something does happen to Imagination- I really really would like it to be Dreamfinder and Figement. They been selling so much stuff with them it seems inevitable. Even if it's a only decent ride I feel like if it had an accurate representation of Dreamfinder and Figement people would be happy.

Big Hero 6 could be great for innoventions, I'd love to have little shows of Baymax giving us advice on healthy eating and exercise, without being offensive. Or, Baymax himself could work in Wonders of Life, heck so could Inside Out. I feel like all the main characters from Big Hero 6 in like a sorta ride showing off inventions could actually make people want to *gasp* learn?!

SpectroPhoenix

There was a place exactly like this called Wannado City in Fort Lauderdale. I loved that place when I was a kid and I used to go whenever I could but sadly they went out of business a couple of years ago.

I worked there! Incredibly cool concept that I wish I could've experienced as a kid. Their inner-operations were based a lot on Disney's since some of the management team came from there. As for working at Wannado City, much like at Disney I'm sure, where you worked dictated how terrible or great your day would be. Working the Publix venue was a pain in the butt, but working the Wonka Factory was a lot of fun.

I know, off-topic, just thought I'd reminisce a bit.

maddie_odair

I worked there! Incredibly cool concept that I wish I could've experienced as a kid. Their inner-operations were based a lot on Disney's since some of the management team came from there. As for working at Wannado City, much like at Disney I'm sure, where you worked dictated how terrible or great your day would be. Working the Publix venue was a pain in the butt, but working the Wonka Factory was a lot of fun.

I know, off-topic, just thought I'd reminisce a bit.

I live in NJ and I was super excited when they announced a Wannado Coty was going into this huge mall called at the time Xanadu across the street from Giants Stadium in the Medowlands but then they went out of business and construction went on hold for the entire mall so you can imagine how disappointed I was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom