Info Needed on CBR?

westie

Hi all. Just took advantage of the new WDW rates, half of what I paid last year! We usually stay at a different resort every trip with the notion that one day we could write our own travel guide. So, not wanting to do Pop century we elected for CBR, carribean beach resort, which we've never stayed at before. So, with just looking at a pic for reference, please tell me:

1. How close and how far is it from the parks and DTD with bus and what not?

2. Resort restaurant and snack shack any good?

3. How are the rooms? Clean, quiet and, any roms 3 miles away from bus?

4. Compare it to PO or any other resort?

5. Finally, would you recommend it and why?

Thank you for your info! See you in Nov!

Fantasmic!329

1. Fairly close to Epcot and MGM, not far to AK, bit of a distance to MK, not bad to DTD.
2. Old Port Royale food court is superb.
3. Rooms are very nice.
4. Never stayed at PO. Doesn't really compare to any others, just great Disney hotels.
5. Yes, I recommend it. Great pools and food court!!

Upvote 0
1. MK 13-20, EPCOT 12-20, MGM 6-15, AK 15-30, DTD 9-20.

2. Not bad but can be one heck of a walk to the food court from your room!

3. I have been to CBR 2 times now and the only problems I ever had were with the bugs and lizards getting in the room. The busses are not too far from any of the rooms. There are bus stops for each "island" 7 all told.

4. Not my favorite resort. I stayed in a preferred room at POP in January and had a lot more fun.

5. I wouldn't recommend it. I think there are much better resorts on property. I have stayed at Celebration, POP, Swan, SoG, CBR, FW cabin and will be at POR in May.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
westie said:
Hi all. Just took advantage of the new WDW rates, half of what I paid last year! We usually stay at a different resort every trip with the notion that one day we could write our own travel guide. So, not wanting to do Pop century we elected for CBR, carribean beach resort, which we've never stayed at before. So, with just looking at a pic for reference, please tell me:

1. How close and how far is it from the parks and DTD with bus and what not?

2. Resort restaurant and snack shack any good?

3. How are the rooms? Clean, quiet and, any roms 3 miles away from bus?

4. Compare it to PO or any other resort?

5. Finally, would you recommend it and why?

Thank you for your info! See you in Nov!

This is one of my absolute favorite resorts...

1. it is in a pretty good location so it is fairly easy and quick to get to any of the parks...i believe, but am not positivethat it is an Epcot resort so that is the closest.

2. The food court is set up a little bit different than other resorts. It is great since the refurb a few year ago. The sit down restaurant is pretty good...has never be overly crowded any of the times i have been there.

3. The rooms are good...always well cleaned and quiet...much quieter (In my opinon) than any of the All Stars/Pop. Some of the islands where rooms are located are a bit far from the main Old Port Royale (the main bldg. where food is) The bus stops for each island are easily accesbile. You dont mind that walk to Old Port Royale too much bc the scenery is very nice.

4. I love PO French Quater as well but if i have my choice i'll take CBR...just feels like a nicer hotel. I cant speak much for PO Riverside since I have never actually stayed there (visited, but not stayed) I think it is layed out in a similar manner where some room are a bit of a hike to civilization. I suggest getting a map of the resort beforehand and requesting some specific bldgs...its not a guarantee but its worth a shot.

5. I think you get the jist of my feelings about this resort. I especially like this place when the weather is kind of cold because it always makes you feel like your in a very tropical place. The main pool is fun but each of their islands have a very nice pool of their own...not very themed but definetly functional. The only drawback to the place is the bussing...sometimes you have to stop at each of the islands to load/unload other guests before you can reach ur destination. This really only adds on about 5-10 minutes tho so its not a huge deal...just more time to relax and figure out ur plans for the day.

Ok so this is a long post...sorry...but im sure u'll have a great time...like i said...its one of my favorite resorts and i have never had a bad experience there.

Upvote 0
tiggerific418 said:
This is one of my absolute favorite resorts...

1. it is in a pretty good location so it is fairly easy and quick to get to any of the parks...i believe, but am not positivethat it is an Epcot resort so that is the closest.QUOTE]

It is an EPCOT area resort. BTW, the min travel times I got out of the Unoffical Guide to WDW.

Ned

Upvote 0

LMW

I have stayed at all of the moderate resorts at least once and I stayed at CB on september 11,2001 so I got to know this resort pretty well.

1. You are really close to MGM and somewhat close to Epcot and DTD, but the other resorts are at least a 10 min bus ride. Also, you are close to the boardwalk which is great!
2. Food was good, not the best I have had at other resorts but the food court is definately the best themed one I have seen.
3. The rooms were nice, an upgrade from the value resorts and most are quiet except the ones close to the pools of course, and unless you are close to the main building you will have a long walk to the food so I suggest if you are tired from a long day take a bus back to the main building for shopping and food. Also, depending upon which "island" you stay in you may have a walk to a bus stop. But the walks are no longer or different than many of the other moderate resorts.
4. Personally PO riverside is my favorite moderate resort. CB is also nice and newer but in my opinion kind of boring.
5. I would definately stay there once, my opinion is try every resort at least once because they all have different things to offer!

Hope this helps! happy vacationing!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom