info needed!!! Last minute questions on Pop Century???

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Hi folks im leaving for the world in 33days for 3 weeks at pop century and i just have a few last minute questions;

Is the bus service really as good as i hear?? Much better than the all star buses??

How do you find the food court??
Can i still get tye dyed cheesecake??? :slurp::slurp:

Which pool is best?
Which is least crowded?
How is the poolside bar?

How good is the shop in the resort??

And finally is pop century the 1st stop 4 magical express coming from the airport?? I read that it was

Thanx in advance, all help greatly appreciated :wave::wave::wave:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Hi folks im leaving for the world in 33days for 3 weeks at pop century and i just have a few last minute questions;

Is the bus service really as good as i hear?? Much better than the all star buses?? Yes it is better but like all of the other resorts your wait times will increase during peak times.

How do you find the food court?? Pretty much the same as every other food court at a Disney resort.
Can i still get tye dyed cheesecake??? :slurp::slurp: Yes

Which pool is best? Main pool is a little more interesting but they are all just concrete holes in the ground with water in them.
Which is least crowded? The main pool will be the most crowded.
How is the poolside bar? Not bad. It is nothing super special but there is nothing wrong with it either.

How good is the shop in the resort?? Good. IMHO it is a little better than the other shops at the values. The merchandise is similar but the layout is a little more friendly

And finally is pop century the 1st stop 4 magical express coming from the airport?? I read that it was From my understanding yes but it is not written in stone.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

I just returned from POP....

Is the bus service really as good as i hear?? Much better than the all star buses?? YES!!! You will be glad you are at POP vs. the All Stars. The busses do run about every 20 minutes.

How do you find the food court?? The food court in in the main building. (DELICIOUS FOOD)
Can i still get tye dyed cheesecake??? :slurp::slurp: Yes, it is located in the little store in the food court. You can also buy a little celebration cake for $21.

Which pool is best? I only went to the main and 50s pool. They were both great, but the main has the sprayers.
Which is least crowded? The 50s and computer pool
How is the poolside bar? I did not go - but they had A LOT of tropical drinks. I wanted to try but didnt. It was usually crowded after hours. I think they close at midnight.

How good is the shop in the resort?? The shop is located in the food court. It is actually on the same level as any of the resort shops. Nice though.

And finally is pop century the 1st stop 4 magical express coming from the airport?? I read that it was. On my trip, POP was 2nd. Carribbean Beach was 1st and POP 2nd. I guess it may depend on the driver and how many people are at each stop. But my transit time from landing to the resort was about 2 hours (which was great). Make sure you have done online checkin for POP.

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

I've stayed at Pop and ASMu and found that the bus service was about the same from the resort. We only shared buses one time at ASMu in 5 day stay. Bus return to Pop at MK is the very last spot. Food court is good, store very nice. Have only tried the Hippy Dippy pool and it was very nice, not impossibly crowded. I don't drink so I can't say on the Petals Bar.
Both occasions that we used ME we were the first stop coming from the airport and were about 1 to hour and a half from deplaning to check-in.
A must do for you is spend some time in the lobby checking out the shadow boxes on the wall of all the different stuff from the decades. They have done a really neat job gathering memoribilia that brings back the memories.
We have always found the CMs very nice, cooperative, and helpful. Have a wonderful stay.

Upvote 0

strmchsr

I would say the bus service at Pop is great once you get on it because you don't have to stop at another resort. The trade off is that Pop is a larger resort so sometimes there are bigger crowds/longer waits to get on the bus and they are often standing room only.

The food court feels much smaller and more cramped to me than the All Stars. I think this is because cashiers let out right into the drink area so it just feels more crowded. The food is on par with all the others, though.

The computer pool definitely seemed the least crowded, though, as noted above, they are all about the same in terms of "fun." There is a nice kids area next to the hippy dippy pool, which usually makes it the most crowded.

The resort shop is quite good. You won't miss out on anything with it.

Upvote 0

krankenstein

Is the bus service really as good as i hear?? Much better than the all star buses?? It isn't. Other than the occasional instances when the ASR share a bus, it is exactly the same between the 4.

How do you find the food court?? It is the same as the others. I think Pop has more seating, but it should b/c of its size.
Can i still get tye dyed cheesecake??? :slurp::slurp: Yes, At least the last time I was there (December), they had it.

Which pool is best? They are all the same
Which is least crowded? Computer
How is the poolside bar? It is fairly good

How good is the shop in the resort?? It is good, I prefer it to the ASR ones

And finally is pop century the 1st stop 4 magical express coming from the airport?? I read that it was I've never been on ME, so I don't know

:wave:

Upvote 0

DisneyMissy

I never had any problems with the Pop buses. I cannot compare these to any other resort though since Pop is the only one we go to.

Each time I used Magical Express Pop was the first stop from the airport.

Tye dye cheesecake is yummy, I wasn’t there since 2008 but from what I have read they still have it and I can’t wait to have some more come December.

The store is nice as well as the food court and you can’t miss either of them. When you check in you will see the store and the food court.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Is the bus service really as good as i hear?? Much better than the all star buses??

Which pool is best?
Which is least crowded?
How is the poolside bar?

And finally is pop century the 1st stop 4 magical express coming from the airport?? I read that it was

Bus Service: great at Pop; only value w/ it's own buses
Food Court: centrally located at the Everything Pop Food Court & Shop
Cheesecake: they had it last Sept. :D
Pools: the pool in the 60's & 70's area is usually the most crowded, but nicely themed; the pool in the 50's area is usually not as crowded; the pool in the 90's area is usually the least crowded, but not as nicely themed
Poolside Bar: when we were there, it was called Petals & was located between the 60's & 70's pool & the food court area
Resort Shop: very well themed; nice souvenirs; connected to the food court
Magical Express: I believe Pop was one of the 1st stops

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Original Poster
Lovin all the info and responses so far :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy: I cannot wait to stay at this resort, stayed at all star movies last time and music before that and found them to be great but from reading about pop its goin to be so much better :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

macsmom

When I was there earlier this month, we were the third drop from the airport. There were maybe just a total of 9 people on the bus, so it really did not take too long for us to reach POP. We landed at 11:30 and were checked in by 1 p.m. It doesn't take but a few minutes to walk from any building to Classic Hall.

Have fun!

danna

Upvote 0

wdwCC

Which pool is best?
Which is least crowded?
How is the poolside bar?

Bus service to the parks is good, to DTD not as good. It's a Disney food court, (assembly line food). The shop isn't bad, small but has decent items. When we used ME, it was direct from and to the airport.

Upvote 0

TTFN-Tiggger

Bus Service: I have never had an issue with service to the parks. Longest wait was for DTD later in the eve. :eek:
Food Court: Central located - walk through/near on the way to the bus in the morning and at night. I liked the hours - grab early breakfast and late night snack as need be - they were always open when we tried to stop there.
Cheesecake: was there in March....
Pools: I like the 50's pool - fun theming and did not seem to busy. The pool by the 60/70's is fun - seemed to have more people since it was near the pool bar/food court area.
Poolside Bar: did not visit. :D
Resort Shop: I enjoyed the gift shop. Adjacent to the food court - nice for picking up packages you have shipped back to the resort from the beginning of your stay.
Magical Express: I think it was the first stop if not the second.

Have great time!:king:

Upvote 0

Dwarful

We have stayed at all of the values. Honestly in all of our numerous trips...peak season, Christmas, & off season, we only shared buses at the All Stars twice. Of course we always go early in the morning, but even on return mid day breaks we still had our own buses running, perhaps because the resorts were pretty full. I never really noticed a big difference between any of the bus services at the values.

Upvote 0

dznyfan64

Just got back from my second stay at Pop and I will never stay there again.The beds are horrible just like All stars.The food court is crazy with people.The store is the best for economy resorts.I always rent a car,Its the only way to get around,busses are horrible.Who wants to go back to there room at night with a bus load of screaming kids and tired crabby people.There are great deals on rental cars all the time from National or Alamo. Do your homework save some money and stay at a moderate and rent a car you will enjoy your trip more.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Sounds like you just don't have the patience for value resorts. Some people, even with "doing their homework" still can't afford anything besides value resorts (and they certainly can't afford a more expensive resort and a car rental). Some people are okay dealing with a crowded food court in exchange for dining in what I think is the best food court at Disney World (in terms of selection), and as for packed buses at the end of the night--my experience is a bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge is just as packed as a bus to Pop Century after IllumiNations, and that has always been the case.

Upvote 0

dznyfan64

Yes ISTCNavigator you are correct a bus to a grand resort is just as nasty as one to Pop at night.Thats why renting a car is the only way to go.Your faster out of the parks and you can resort hop.Last trip I got Alamo for $18.00 a day I have payed more just to have my freedom.Standing in line all day and then getting on a bus hot and tired is no vacation to me.As far as shopping around plan ahead for your trips.I have stayed at Riverside cheaper than at Pop before.We go down to WDW 3 to 4 times a year from Illinois and always get great deals.September is always free food,January and April very low room rates and rental car rates.NEVER use a travel agent,do it your self!

Upvote 0

WDWCP

Sounds like you just don't have the patience for value resorts. Some people, even with "doing their homework" still can't afford anything besides value resorts (and they certainly can't afford a more expensive resort and a car rental). Some people are okay dealing with a crowded food court in exchange for dining in what I think is the best food court at Disney World (in terms of selection), and as for packed buses at the end of the night--my experience is a bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge is just as packed as a bus to Pop Century after IllumiNations, and that has always been the case.

My thoughts exactly... Dealing with crowds: What do you expect? You're going to one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world! If you don't like crowds, head to Wyoming! :p

We choose to extend the number of nights on our trip, but stay at the value resorts to offset the cost increase. I do prefer renting a car, but we've stayed with and without a rental and have never found the busses to be all that much of a pain, even when going down there in June with peak season crowds!

Upvote 0

dznygirl64

Yes I do hate crowds and people thats why we go at slower times of the year to avoid crowds.I rent a car so I can avoid as many people as possible.I shouldnt have to change where I have been vacationing at since 1971 because of rude people who dont really care about WDW.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom