Indiana Jones

Champion

crystalskullteaser.jpg

Slightly better quality than the one previously posted.

The poster is VERY reminiscent of the posters from the original movies.

I wonder if there will be a trailer for it attached to National Treasure 2.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Oh you make a great Indy... but got to dirty and sweat up the digs next time :)
I totally agree, I wish we could have the DL treatment of Indy as well. And while I love the stunt show... it needs some sprucing.. maybe switch it to the Temple of Doom storyline with stunts or something perhaps?
i was going to dirty things up a bit... but i figured i didnt want to smell like dirt, grass stains and sweat all night. wannabebelle might not have been able to resist :drevil: :lol: thanks for the props. it took me less the $30 for the particulars. i had the shoes, pants and hat. the belts were super cheap at the thrift store, i combined 2 whips and painted brownish and the shirt i got at an army surplus store for $6. the diddy bag was $6 as well... it is a WW2 gas mask bag like it should be. i didnt have a gun holster so i substituted the small leather bag that is an original Banana Republic before they became what they are today. it isnt exact, but it will do for somehting thrown together. also, see below

That is an excellent costume. You look really good. How many people asked you to pose in a picture with them?
thanks. mine compares not to masteryoda's. his is and will always be extremely authentic. many props to him and to his collection.

i will admit, while we were taking these photos, we did have some people think we were CM's. it was a little weird, but flattering.

indy_jack.jpg

Peaches Magee

i was going to dirty things up a bit... but i figured i didnt want to smell like dirt, grass stains and sweat all night. wannabebelle might not have been able to resist :drevil: :lol: thanks for the props. it took me less the $30 for the particulars. i had the shoes, pants and hat. the belts were super cheap at the thrift store, i combined 2 whips and painted brownish and the shirt i got at an army surplus store for $6. the diddy bag was $6 as well... it is a WW2 gas mask bag like it should be. i didnt have a gun holster so i substituted the small leather bag that is an original Banana Republic before they became what they are today. it isnt exact, but it will do for somehting thrown together. also, see below

thanks. mine compares not to masteryoda's. his is and will always be extremely authentic. many props to him and to his collection.

i will admit, while we were taking these photos, we did have some people think we were CM's. it was a little weird, but flattering.

View attachment 24681

Ah you should have just tea-stained it... But Even Indy starts out clean in the beginning... so you are Act One Indy. hehe
Ya'll looked great! What an awesome Cap't Jack he was! I probably would have mistaked you for CM's as well. I gotta get to MNSSHP next year for sure!

Green Lantern

Original Poster
Summer 08... Get here already!!

How old are your kids GL??

My oldest, Lily Arwen, is going to be 2 in February. My youngest, Holly Autumn, just turned 2 months this month.

How about you, Peaches? You just have the one little boy? How old?

I got a while to go before my girls get into playing video games, but Lily knows who Spider-man is from my t-shirts, and she play with these R2-D2 and C3-P0 toys I gave her. They are those over sized toys I guess you would call them. 3-P0's eyes light up (she loves to light them up) and R2, when you press his dome, these little arms pop out.

She also loves the Disney Princess' and Tinkerbell. Disney kids at heart!

Jeff456

Which Indiana Jones ride are people talking about the one in disneyland paris? I love the stunt show anyway i would not want it taken away.

Champion

Which Indiana Jones ride are people talking about the one in disneyland paris? I love the stunt show anyway i would not want it taken away.

No, the one with the same track as Dinosaur is the one in California. The one in DLP is different, and the one at Tokyo DL is different still, but very similar to California.

Green Lantern

Original Poster

Indy ride wise we are talking Disneyland, Ca. But we are open to the Paris one as well. Heck, any Indy talk is fine here as far as I am concerned.

gelan

Big Indy fan here. I'd love to see the stunt show continue and a new attraction as well. But I think this is unrealistic. I think the new Indy film may save the show. But it's hard to imagine they'd invest in a big $$$ attraction based on one new movie.

Green Lantern

Original Poster
Big Indy fan here. I'd love to see the stunt show continue and a new attraction as well. But I think this is unrealistic. I think the new Indy film may save the show. But it's hard to imagine they'd invest in a big $$$ attraction based on one new movie.

True, but if the park ever needs another thrill ride, the Indy one would be perfect. I guess time will tell?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

View attachment 24681
Thanks for the props and running interference after our little photo shoot. I really did not want to tell those kids with their autograph books out that I could not sign them.

Ah you should have just tea-stained it... But Even Indy starts out clean in the beginning... so you are Act One Indy. hehe
Ya'll looked great! What an awesome Cap't Jack he was! I probably would have mistaked you for CM's as well. I gotta get to MNSSHP next year for sure!
I told him to tea and coffee stain it but you know Indy, he never listens and just makes it up as he goes along.:lol:

Peaches Magee

My oldest, Lily Arwen, is going to be 2 in February. My youngest, Holly Autumn, just turned 2 months this month.

How about you, Peaches? You just have the one little boy? How old?

I got a while to go before my girls get into playing video games, but Lily knows who Spider-man is from my t-shirts, and she play with these R2-D2 and C3-P0 toys I gave her. They are those over sized toys I guess you would call them. 3-P0's eyes light up (she loves to light them up) and R2, when you press his dome, these little arms pop out.

She also loves the Disney Princess' and Tinkerbell. Disney kids at heart!

Awww, beautiful names! That's so cute you are trying to intro some SW to them. Kids will always like toys pretty much regardless at that age.
Yes, just one boy Aidan Thomas. He will be 5 this coming Monday, hence the trip to Disney this weekend. So excited!

And yes he too has been raised on Disney... very very important to be. :)
He has also been into all things nerd. First was Dinosaurs...then Superheroes, Star Wars, Mario Bros & Sonic...Harry Potter.. Zelda...Transformers... You name it, the kid is into it. I'm doing good I guess. hehe

Thanks for the props and running interference after our little photo shoot. I really did not want to tell those kids with their autograph books out that I could not sign them.

I told him to tea and coffee stain it but you know Indy, he never listens and just makes it up as he goes along.:lol:

Did the kids come up to you guys with their books?
Not shocking... you guys looked like the real deal for sure!

Oh and yes, Indy listens to NO ONE!
Glad he stuck to true character then. :)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

I was sitting down posing for the attached picture with my family and a few kids began to line up right next to Joel (Indy). I think they asked him if I was the real Captain Jack. I am not sure what he said to them but it worked as the walked away with their parents.

P1130953.jpg

kimmychad

I am a big Indy fan too!

i am not a fan of the stunt show tho, i wish it was more of a show than "what you are watching is a fake production of how we would make a movie...but we arent" kinda thing

I wished they'd take it down and build the ride!!!!!

yeah they do that with Lights, Motors, Action at mgm studios. i dont really get into they're corny exchanges with each other, would much rather see more action

Green Lantern

Original Poster
Awww, beautiful names! That's so cute you are trying to intro some SW to them. Kids will always like toys pretty much regardless at that age.
Yes, just one boy Aidan Thomas. He will be 5 this coming Monday, hence the trip to Disney this weekend. So excited!

And yes he too has been raised on Disney... very very important to be. :)
He has also been into all things nerd. First was Dinosaurs...then Superheroes, Star Wars, Mario Bros & Sonic...Harry Potter.. Zelda...Transformers... You name it, the kid is into it. I'm doing good I guess. hehe

Thanks for the compliments on my girl's names. I like your son's name, very nice. I wanted to get a Star Wars name in there somehow, but my wife wouldn't let me. Still, I got a Lord of the Rings name in there, so that is cool. (Are you a Lord of the Rings fan?)

How long will you be in Disney for? I hope you and your son have a nice trip. Write back and let us know how it all went when you got back.

Your son is into Zelda. I take it you play the video game? I love that game ever since it first came out for the Nintendo system.

I had names for a boy in case we had one, wanted to name him either William Aragorn (another Lord of the Rings name) or William Luke.

echoscot

Just a Thought

I used to work at the Stunt Show, for all of the "just take down the show and build a ride" people there is more to it than that. Not only are there $$$ to think of, in 2000 the show went through a 6 month $20 million rehab. When you close a show of that magnitude, there are about 300 performers who suddenly don't have a contract anymore, ie JOB. There are costumers, techs and Stage Managers that have to be relocated. Then the concrete slab itself is filled with pits that contain propane tanks and holders that would have to be dug up and changed out to reinforce for the ride structure. Another thought it the room, since the stage backs up against the Guest Parking lot.

They have considered the attraction many times, but there are a lot of factors to consider when making that kind of a change. It isn't a simple decision.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I used to work at the Stunt Show, for all of the "just take down the show and build a ride" people there is more to it than that. Not only are there $$$ to think of, in 2000 the show went through a 6 month $20 million rehab. When you close a show of that magnitude, there are about 300 performers who suddenly don't have a contract anymore, ie JOB. There are costumers, techs and Stage Managers that have to be relocated. Then the concrete slab itself is filled with pits that contain propane tanks and holders that would have to be dug up and changed out to reinforce for the ride structure. Another thought it the room, since the stage backs up against the Guest Parking lot.

They have considered the attraction many times, but there are a lot of factors to consider when making that kind of a change. It isn't a simple decision.
Well it could be....Keep the show and build the ride on the parking lot.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom