Indiana Jones

darthjohnny

Seriously? I've never heard that before. The exact same track? :lookaroun

Yeah, it's pretty much identical to Indiana Jones.

Off the top of my head, both rides have the turn to the right at the beginning of the ride, a slight incline, then a turn left. Also at the end, both rides make a sudden dip. There are also many other similarities.

Green Lantern

Original Poster
Yeah my internet has been acting like a real jerk the past couple days, so hard to be around as often at the moment... grrr..
But yes.... geek on, I beg of you. hehe
There really is nothing like a guy dressing as Indy... I saw the interview they did of all of them from ComicCon and he still looks great, and he is my dad's age... still has that charm and rugged good looks about him. I am so happy to see him reprising the classic role. How was he in person? He seems very cool... but pretty private as well... which a very much respect.

Yes, I have to look into that issue... must be pretty entertaining. :)
Oh btw, found myself poking around in Borders of all places (worst place to get comics btw, totally out of order, there and all their books... eh!) But I found Fables: 1001 Nights of Snowfall... I WANT!! It's going on my Christmas list actually cause with the Disney trip coming up... gotta thrift for now.
Also wanting Batman Secrets... because I am pretty much in love with Sam Keith's style.

ok jacked another thread with comics... go figure! haha

Harrison Ford was really cool. He did that cool,cocky Han Solo/Indiana JOnes smile. Ever since I was a little kid, Indiana Jones was my hero, and I always wanted to meet him. So this was really a dream come true for me.

I think Harrison Ford looks great as Indy. Dye his hair and he would look like he did from Last Crusade. I think this new movie is going to be awesome.

I agree with you on Borders. But, if you miss an issue, they sometimes have it, which is good, but true, they aren't the best place to buy comisc. However, I would like to recommend, before reading the fables 1001 Nights of Snowfall, read the first trade: Legends in Exile. All the trades are numbered so I would read them in order. My reason is this, in Legends in Exile you hear that Snow White doesn't like to talk about the 7 Dwarves, it wasn't until way later that we learn in the 1001 book what happened.

If you read the books in order you will meet the characters and see them develop through the issues, my favorite trade being Homelands. Oh man, that one was AWESOME!

I really hope you get into the Fables books, that way I can discuss them with you. If you have any questions about them please ask me.

The Indy/Han Solo comic was pretty cool. Star Wars Tales has a a bunch of stories in it,t his being one of them. One of my favorite issues. Let me know if you find it.

Welcome back, by the way. Hope the computer continues to work so we can geek out more.

Peaches Magee

Harrison Ford was really cool. He did that cool,cocky Han Solo/Indiana JOnes smile. Ever since I was a little kid, Indiana Jones was my hero, and I always wanted to meet him. So this was really a dream come true for me.

I think Harrison Ford looks great as Indy. Dye his hair and he would look like he did from Last Crusade. I think this new movie is going to be awesome.

I agree with you on Borders. But, if you miss an issue, they sometimes have it, which is good, but true, they aren't the best place to buy comisc. However, I would like to recommend, before reading the fables 1001 Nights of Snowfall, read the first trade: Legends in Exile. All the trades are numbered so I would read them in order. My reason is this, in Legends in Exile you hear that Snow White doesn't like to talk about the 7 Dwarves, it wasn't until way later that we learn in the 1001 book what happened.

If you read the books in order you will meet the characters and see them develop through the issues, my favorite trade being Homelands. Oh man, that one was AWESOME!

I really hope you get into the Fables books, that way I can discuss them with you. If you have any questions about them please ask me.

The Indy/Han Solo comic was pretty cool. Star Wars Tales has a a bunch of stories in it,t his being one of them. One of my favorite issues. Let me know if you find it.

Welcome back, by the way. Hope the computer continues to work so we can geek out more.

Ah, lucky. I rarely meet any famous people... I gotta train to be a better stalker, I suppose. hehe

Ahh ok.. I will start from the beginning then... as it should be. Have to hit up the comic store and get Legends in Exile first. Oh I am pysched, always fun getting into a new series and having someone to dish about them with.
:D

Computer.... still lame. So only on and off for bit here and there... stinks.

Green Lantern

Original Poster
Ah, lucky. I rarely meet any famous people... I gotta train to be a better stalker, I suppose. hehe

Ahh ok.. I will start from the beginning then... as it should be. Have to hit up the comic store and get Legends in Exile first. Oh I am pysched, always fun getting into a new series and having someone to dish about them with.
:D

Computer.... still lame. So only on and off for bit here and there... stinks.

You won't be sorry starting at the beginning, trust me. I can't wait for you to read these so we can talk! Here is the list of trades in order:

Fables:

1- Legends in Exile
2- Animal Farm
3- Story Book Love
4- March of the Wooden Soldiers
5- The Mean Seasons
6- Homelands
7- Arabian Nights (and Days)
8- Wolves
9- Sons of the Empire
Fables: 1001 Nights of Snowfall

Jack of Fables:

1- The (Nearly) Great Escape
2- Jack of Hearts

Start with book 1 and wait until Jack leaves Fables, then you can begin reading his two spin off trades. Also , wait at least until trades 7-9 before you read 1001 Nights of Snowfall, that way the characters and stories can unfold on their own.

Man, I can't wait for you to read this. I hope you like it so we can discuss!

Green Lantern

Original Poster

Peaches Magee

You won't be sorry starting at the beginning, trust me. I can't wait for you to read these so we can talk! Here is the list of trades in order:

Fables:

1- Legends in Exile
2- Animal Farm
3- Story Book Love
4- March of the Wooden Soldiers
5- The Mean Seasons
6- Homelands
7- Arabian Nights (and Days)
8- Wolves
9- Sons of the Empire
Fables: 1001 Nights of Snowfall

Jack of Fables:

1- The (Nearly) Great Escape
2- Jack of Hearts

Start with book 1 and wait until Jack leaves Fables, then you can begin reading his two spin off trades. Also , wait at least until trades 7-9 before you read 1001 Nights of Snowfall, that way the characters and stories can unfold on their own.

Man, I can't wait for you to read this. I hope you like it so we can discuss!

I am copying and pasting this post into Word now so I don't forget any of this! Oh I am excited to read them. 1001 Nights looks beautiful drawn, the story from what I can see is very intriguing just from the artwork alone.

And nice find on the Indy poster! I love it!
Oh but why do they tease us so!!??
Going to take foreverrrr to come out! Grrr.

Green Lantern

Original Poster
I am copying and pasting this post into Word now so I don't forget any of this! Oh I am excited to read them. 1001 Nights looks beautiful drawn, the story from what I can see is very intriguing just from the artwork alone.

And nice find on the Indy poster! I love it!
Oh but why do they tease us so!!??
Going to take foreverrrr to come out! Grrr.

Fables mostly has the same artist, Mark B__________gham, drawing the book, though other artists have worked on the book. I have two pieces of art from the book, one being a picture of the women of Fables drawn my Lan Medina (who drew the first book). My sister got me that for my birthday. I also have a picture of Bigby Wolf (you'll learn all about him! He's one of my favorite characters, he's the Big Bad Wolf. How he became human though you have to read to find out! ;)). The 1001 Nights of Snowfall has different artists and is just beautiful.

The story of Fables is an ongoing one, and once you start, you just have to know what happens next. About Snow White, Bigby, Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast and everyone else. It really is my favorite comic book, and I think once you read it, you'll be hooked on it till the end.

Again, any questions, just ask.

I really can't wait for the Indy teaser trailer to come out, that should be exciting.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
im a fan. this is at MNSSHP on sept 29th, 2007. i was with masteryoda and family. i have always loved the movies and wish we could get the DL treatment. i guess ill just have to go out there to experience it. the stunt show was great in the 90's.... but IMHO it needs some attention.

indy.jpg

Peaches Magee

Fables mostly has the same artist, Mark B__________gham, drawing the book, though other artists have worked on the book. I have two pieces of art from the book, one being a picture of the women of Fables drawn my Lan Medina (who drew the first book). My sister got me that for my birthday. I also have a picture of Bigby Wolf (you'll learn all about him! He's one of my favorite characters, he's the Big Bad Wolf. How he became human though you have to read to find out! ;)). The 1001 Nights of Snowfall has different artists and is just beautiful.

The story of Fables is an ongoing one, and once you start, you just have to know what happens next. About Snow White, Bigby, Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast and everyone else. It really is my favorite comic book, and I think once you read it, you'll be hooked on it till the end.

Again, any questions, just ask.

I really can't wait for the Indy teaser trailer to come out, that should be exciting.

Oh man, it is taking all my strength not to drive to my comic store and get at least the first one!! Sounds so good! So it's Legends of Exile I am looking for first, correct? Ahhh! Must not go! haha

Oh yes, when are we getting a teaser trailer already? Though the teasers are usually painful... such as the Dark Knight one. gah!

im a fan. this is at MNSSHP on sept 29th, 2007. i was with masteryoda and family. i have always loved the movies and wish we could get the DL treatment. i guess ill just have to go out there to experience it. the stunt show was great in the 90's.... but IMHO it needs some attention.

View attachment 24679

Oh you make a great Indy... but got to dirty and sweat up the digs next time :)
I totally agree, I wish we could have the DL treatment of Indy as well. And while I love the stunt show... it needs some sprucing.. maybe switch it to the Temple of Doom storyline with stunts or something perhaps?

darthjohnny

USA Today has a small article about the new Indy film. They even have the first look at the teaser poster. Here is a link to it: http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2007-12-09-indiana-jones_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip

I like the poster. Looks like Drew Struzan painted it (he is awesome, painted all the Indy and Star Wars posters, as well as dozens of others). It kind of reminds me of the Temple of Doom poster from way back when.

Yeah, I just saw that too.

Kind of reminds me of the Indiana Jones Ride with the giant skull in the background.

Looks great! :D

Green Lantern

Original Poster
Oh man, it is taking all my strength not to drive to my comic store and get at least the first one!! Sounds so good! So it's Legends of Exile I am looking for first, correct? Ahhh! Must not go! haha

Oh yes, when are we getting a teaser trailer already? Though the teasers are usually painful... such as the Dark Knight one. gah!

Oh you make a great Indy... but got to dirty and sweat up the digs next time :)
I totally agree, I wish we could have the DL treatment of Indy as well. And while I love the stunt show... it needs some sprucing.. maybe switch it to the Temple of Doom storyline with stunts or something perhaps?

Legends in Exile is the first trade and is a murder mystery. This book establishes some characters, sets up why they had to leave their homelands and come to out world and basically sets it up for the future storylines. Through out the series more characters will be introduced. I don't mean to make you spend money, but if this was me, I'd go out and buy all the trades at once, then just have a nice batch of reading ahead of me for the next couple of months. I've been re-reading these and they really are great. I love Bigby and Snow White, and Boy Blue, wait until you get into his story lines, and Sleeping Beauty, Jack is such a trickster and Prince Charming, wait until you meet him. His character really goes through some interesting changes.

I'd love to see a mine car type of ride. It doesn't have to be directly based off of Temple of Doom, but just watching that movie makes you want to go on a roller coaster. The stunt show I'd like to see a few new scenes added, I don't want to see it gone, I just want the ride there as well. Raiders is such a great film and the stunts from that movie are still awesome. I just want more!

Green Lantern

Original Poster

View attachment 24679

That is an excellent costume. You look really good. How many people asked you to pose in a picture with them?

Peaches Magee

Legends in Exile is the first trade and is a murder mystery. This book establishes some characters, sets up why they had to leave their homelands and come to out world and basically sets it up for the future storylines. Through out the series more characters will be introduced. I don't mean to make you spend money, but if this was me, I'd go out and buy all the trades at once, then just have a nice batch of reading ahead of me for the next couple of months. I've been re-reading these and they really are great. I love Bigby and Snow White, and Boy Blue, wait until you get into his story lines, and Sleeping Beauty, Jack is such a trickster and Prince Charming, wait until you meet him. His character really goes through some interesting changes.

I'd love to see a mine car type of ride. It doesn't have to be directly based off of Temple of Doom, but just watching that movie makes you want to go on a roller coaster. The stunt show I'd like to see a few new scenes added, I don't want to see it gone, I just want the ride there as well. Raiders is such a great film and the stunts from that movie are still awesome. I just want more!

Ah, I know, that is why I am going to just wait and get all the trades. Cause just having one or a couple, will get me annoyed once I am done with them. I have a feeling I will be hooked immediately as well. All those characters, ahhh stop with the teasing! haha

I think a mine roller coaster type thing would be so very cool. I agree, everytime I see that scene it is just so perfect for that.

Green Lantern

Original Poster
Ah, I know, that is why I am going to just wait and get all the trades. Cause just having one or a couple, will get me annoyed once I am done with them. I have a feeling I will be hooked immediately as well. All those characters, ahhh stop with the teasing! haha

I think a mine roller coaster type thing would be so very cool. I agree, everytime I see that scene it is just so perfect for that.

I'm the same way, Peaches. Once I finished trade one I'd be off to the store that same day to get the rest. The Adversary is the one who drove the Fables out of thier lands. Wait until you find out who that is. I won't say one word as to that, you need to read that and see it for yourself. The current story line, The Good Prince, in the comics is ending soon. What I would recommend is once that ends, buy it in trade form, and in the meantime, either continue to get the trades for each future story line (though you have to wait until each one ends) or just buy the monthly issues from then on in after Good Prince, and once caught up on your reading you can read the current ones too.

All I can say is, each character from nursery rhymes or fairy tales, they each have their own story in this book. They are so interesting and compelling, you just want to know. There are characters you read from the beginning of the series that you think are cool and like but don't give a second thought to, and then suddenly, they are doing amazing things and you're like, "Whoa! Where did this come from!"

I'm about ready to buy these for you so you can start reading so we can start discussing. I'm curious to see which character you will be drawn to. I think everyone usually has a favorite character from this series.

A mine car roller coaster is just so perfect, though the only trouble is one might feel it would be dated since Temple of Doom is so old and they may want to base a ride off the new Indy film. But, everyone who has ever seen Temple of Doom, or any Indy film for that matter, just loves that mine car chase.

I can't wait for the Lego Indiana Jones video game to come out. I loved the Lego Star Wars Original Trilogy video game so much, the Indy version looks like SO much fun.

Foolish1

I like the poster. Looks like Drew Struzan painted it (he is awesome, painted all the Indy and Star Wars posters, as well as dozens of others). It kind of reminds me of the Temple of Doom poster from way back when.

By the way, Drew Struzan did not do all of the Star Wars brothers. In fact, I believe he did none of them for the first film back in 1977, though I could be wrong. I believe the Hildebrandt brothers did most of the posters for that film.

Also, another by the way, have people seen that Topps is releasing a new set of Indiana Jones cards in late February? I have heard there will be autographs, and it is confirmed there will be original artist sketches included.

Peaches Magee

I'm the same way, Peaches. Once I finished trade one I'd be off to the store that same day to get the rest. The Adversary is the one who drove the Fables out of thier lands. Wait until you find out who that is. I won't say one word as to that, you need to read that and see it for yourself. The current story line, The Good Prince, in the comics is ending soon. What I would recommend is once that ends, buy it in trade form, and in the meantime, either continue to get the trades for each future story line (though you have to wait until each one ends) or just buy the monthly issues from then on in after Good Prince, and once caught up on your reading you can read the current ones too.

All I can say is, each character from nursery rhymes or fairy tales, they each have their own story in this book. They are so interesting and compelling, you just want to know. There are characters you read from the beginning of the series that you think are cool and like but don't give a second thought to, and then suddenly, they are doing amazing things and you're like, "Whoa! Where did this come from!"

I'm about ready to buy these for you so you can start reading so we can start discussing. I'm curious to see which character you will be drawn to. I think everyone usually has a favorite character from this series.

A mine car roller coaster is just so perfect, though the only trouble is one might feel it would be dated since Temple of Doom is so old and they may want to base a ride off the new Indy film. But, everyone who has ever seen Temple of Doom, or any Indy film for that matter, just loves that mine car chase.

I can't wait for the Lego Indiana Jones video game to come out. I loved the Lego Star Wars Original Trilogy video game so much, the Indy version looks like SO much fun.

Ahh! You...are... killing... me! haha
I love the idea of all the twisted tales!
I will be sure to share with you as soon as I get em and finish them all.

Yeah I agree... it might be dated... I am sure there will be loads of cool stuff in the new film they could revamp something into. Lego Indy... man I can't wait! I Love Lego SW, my little man is addicted to it.
Indy one, going to be great. you know the release date?
I know Lego batman is coming out next year too...
2008, I feel is going to be a great year for... ummm... everything! ;)

Green Lantern

Original Poster
By the way, Drew Struzan did not do all of the Star Wars brothers. In fact, I believe he did none of them for the first film back in 1977, though I could be wrong. I believe the Hildebrandt brothers did most of the posters for that film.

Also, another by the way, have people seen that Topps is releasing a new set of Indiana Jones cards in late February? I have heard there will be autographs, and it is confirmed there will be original artist sketches included.

The Hildebrandts did do the first Star Wars poster, but Struzan did my favorite one for Ep 4 called the Circus Poster. I think might have been done later on once the film became succesful. It is called the circus poster because it looks like an old poster advertising a circus, all faded and torn. I have a reprint of it and it is just gorgeous.

I heard about the Indy cards. I saw pictures of them and they look like the old cards from the 80's, very nice indeed. This is great cause I still have my complete set of Raiders of the Lost Ark and Temple of Doom cards, but they never made any for Last Crusade, so we finally get them now. I also have a set of Young Indy cards.

Green Lantern

Original Poster
Ahh! You...are... killing... me! haha
I love the idea of all the twisted tales!
I will be sure to share with you as soon as I get em and finish them all.

Yeah I agree... it might be dated... I am sure there will be loads of cool stuff in the new film they could revamp something into. Lego Indy... man I can't wait! I Love Lego SW, my little man is addicted to it.
Indy one, going to be great. you know the release date?
I know Lego batman is coming out next year too...
2008, I feel is going to be a great year for... ummm... everything! ;)

Do you mean a release date for the Lego Indy game? Not sure, sometime next year, I would bet before the film though, or right around the release. The Lego Batman game should be fun too. These are games I can let my kids play when they get older, which is cool.

Next year is going to be an amazing year for films, I can't wait.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom