Indiana Jones Land?

The Grand Inquisitor

I blame sidious…not maul
1632084893744.png

The Grand Inquisitor

They pushed it back to 2024 before the pandemic. It’s possible it could still open in 2024, but seems very unlikely based on what I’ve read. Either way, if TWDC felt it was financially prudent to open things at the same time, they can. It’s been a long time since Disney has had as much incentive to add as UEU will provide (both to prevent a mass exodus of would-be WDW guests and to attract the larger flock of Orlando tourists UEU will draw).

Despite that, I still expect Disney to go with cheap overlays over brand new builds.
According to the Universal Forums Epic Universe should open late 2024- early 2025 at the latest.

Rambozo

I don't think there should be an Indy land. Harrison Ford is too old to carry the torch anymore and I don't think anyone else could.

It would be different if it was an ever changing role like James Bond, where multiple actors played him.

HauntedMansionFLA

I don't think there should be an Indy land. Harrison Ford is too old to carry the torch anymore and I don't think anyone else could.

It would be different if it was an ever changing role like James Bond, where multiple actors played him.
De-aging technology can make him look young again. Example will be this Wednesday

TikibirdLand

De-aging technology can make him look young again. Example will be this Wednesday
It looked like, to me at least, the Crystal Skull was set up to pass the torch to a new "Indy". I'm thinking that, if that movie had scored better at the box office, they'd be set for future films without worrying about that. Ford was too old in that movie. I can only imagine how he'll look in a next one.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It looked like, to me at least, the Crystal Skull was set up to pass the torch to a new "Indy". I'm thinking that, if that movie had scored better at the box office, they'd be set for future films without worrying about that. Ford was too old in that movie. I can only imagine how he'll look in a next one.
Seems like all those “epic” movie sequels should have been made in the 90’s, huh?

I can think of 3 others where they put actors not up to it in them

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I don’t think there should be an Indy land because no one below Gen X cares…deadski

jeez…people (defending Disney) say that they had to dump the old people in Star Wars (how’d that work out?)…but at least the younger audience was aware of Star Wars…

im not even sure who the new movie Is for? And don’t get me wrong…I love Indy…but it had its time

Rambozo

I don’t think there should be an Indy land because no one below Gen X cares…deadski

jeez…people (defending Disney) say that they had to dump the old people in Star Wars (how’d that work out?)…but at least the younger audience was aware of Star Wars…

im not even sure who the new movie Is for? And don’t get me wrong…I love Indy…but it had its time

Yep, plus Indy isn't as big as Star Wars. I'm an Indy fan, but it just hasn't had the same impact as Star Wars. In fact there aren't many franchises that have.

Even Harry Potter (in my opinion) isn't as big. But it is just as deserving for a land though. Based on many aspects like marketability and (perfect for a park) locations.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

All arguments of Indiana Jones being not relevant are null and void when you consider that Tron is getting a brand new build in Magic Kingdom. Indy deserves a proper ride in WDW more than any other IP I can think of.

Well, sort of. It's really only going there because the ride already exists elsewhere and they could clone it.

If they were designing and building a completely new ride, it's very unlikely TRON would have been the chosen IP.

GimpYancIent

All arguments of Indiana Jones being not relevant are null and void when you consider that Tron is getting a brand new build in Magic Kingdom. Indy deserves a proper ride in WDW more than any other IP I can think of.
What's wrong with an attraction about a crazy / aging old archeologist that destroys every archeological find he comes across, in a very adventuresome way? Can he still crack that bull whip with authority?

999th Happy Haunt

Well, sort of. It's really only going there because the ride already exists elsewhere and they could clone it.

If they were designing and building a completely new ride, it's very unlikely TRON would have been the chosen IP.
Let’s not pretend it was a hot IP when it was chosen to be an opening day attraction at Shanghai not too long ago either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom