Indiana Jones Land?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well, sort of. It's really only going there because the ride already exists elsewhere and they could clone it.

If they were designing and building a completely new ride, it's very unlikely TRON would have been the chosen IP.

Let’s not pretend it was a hot IP when it was chosen to be an opening day attraction at Shanghai not too long ago either.
Actually there’s a lot of reasons why I like/defend using tron.

it’s almost the most “out of the box” thinking from the Iger dictatorship.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney thought TRON: Legacy was going to be huge and be the start of a new franchise.
There’s that too…

but I think the fact it went no where makes it a better theme park addition…you can be a little ambiguous when it doesn’t have a D+ series with it.

a themepark should have something where a 10 year old points to it and says “what’s that?” That Spurs a conversation off the phone…which is exactly why avatar works…unfamiliarity and a good ride.

what am I thinking? You’re not supposed to be off your phone anymore 🙄

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
There’s that too…

but I think the fact it went no where makes it a better theme park addition…you can be a little ambiguous when it doesn’t have a D+ series with it.

a themepark should have something where a 10 year old points to it and says “what’s that?” That Spurs a conversation off the phone…which is exactly why avatar works…unfamiliarity and a good ride.

what am I thinking? You’re not supposed to be off your phone anymore 🙄
I personally think this is why Splash Mountain and Dinosaur work better as well.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I personally think this is why Splash Mountain and Dinosaur work better as well.
…you’re not wrong. The current modern management has no grasp of this…the uniqueness of what’s in the parks always put them on another level.

you can “ride the movies” in a lot of places…I love bollinger and mabillard as much as
The next guy…

but Disney is caught in the middle. They slap a label on everything and it takes the draw of the IP out of it. Anyone really think about toy story when you ride those rides? They’re carnie rides with labels…no imagination.

then of course they’re trying to replicate potterland…but they have to do it better/more efficiently. A non-descript sand port with a life size spaceship replica and two mediocre at best rides isn’t cutting it…
A billion doesn’t buy what it used to.

Last edited:

cheezbat

I don't think there should be an Indy land. Harrison Ford is too old to carry the torch anymore and I don't think anyone else could.

It would be different if it was an ever changing role like James Bond, where multiple actors played him.
What does Harrison Ford being old have to do with building an Adventurous land themed around jungles and expeditions and ancient artifacts and danger? Indiana Jones is an icon….just because the actor that played him is old, doesn’t mean people don’t know who he is or wouldn’t like it. Heck, the Indiana Jones Adventure in Disneyland is still one of the most popular attractions even 27 years after opening.

HauntedMansionFLA

id love to see a full IJ land at DHS, give it the IJ ride and coaster, as well as some kind of water based ride along with the show....youd have an amazing land imo. Something lush, tropical and full of trees/shade is what DHS needs
They should dust off the plans for the Indiana Jones and The Lost Expedition land that was supposed to be built at Disneyland

J4546

They should dust off the plans for the Indiana Jones and The Lost Expedition land that was supposed to be built at Disneyland
thats one of the greatest non build disney attraction/lands imo. And the way it would have incorporated Jungle Cruise would have made that ride 10x better as well. Never gonna happen in the US now though, but maybe they could create something similar to this in Paris?

Rambozo

What does Harrison Ford being old have to do with building an Adventurous land themed around jungles and expeditions and ancient artifacts and danger? Indiana Jones is an icon….just because the actor that played him is old, doesn’t mean people don’t know who he is or wouldn’t like it. Heck, the Indiana Jones Adventure in Disneyland is still one of the most popular attractions even 27 years after opening.

It will be a less relevant IP after the last one. Unless they can successfully reboot the franchise.

Dutch Inn '76

The biggest problem in Indyland is the ridiculous idea that only Harrison Ford can play Indiana Jones. Harrison Ford is a good actor, but we're not talking about something that only he can do - like Elvis or John Lennon or something. Once Disney gets over that, we can move on with the franchise.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The biggest problem in Indyland is the ridiculous idea that only Harrison Ford can play Indiana Jones. Harrison Ford is a good actor, but we're not talking about something that only he can do - like Elvis or John Lennon or something. Once Disney gets over that, we can move on with the franchise.
That franchise is “trapped in time”…even more than Star Wars. LFL is just not up to snuff on this.

Snake

I don't think there should be an Indy land. Harrison Ford is too old to carry the torch anymore and I don't think anyone else could.

It would be different if it was an ever changing role like James Bond, where multiple actors played him.
By that logic, they have to remove Dumbo and Peter Pan, they don't have new movies so gotta get rid of them? If those attractions are timeless, you better believe Indiana Jones is. No space mountain movie so get rid of the attraction? This line of thinking is complete nonsense.

Dutch Inn '76

I respectfully disagree. Sean Connery is *still* the best "Bond," as he made the character. ...but there have been several great takes on the character, and many of the sequels have been incredible.

There's no reason why IJ couldn't become a long-running franchise exactly like James Bond. Tiki Bars are back. Why can't we keep diving into the jungle with Jones?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom