Indiana Jones Land?

TrojanUSC

Agreed. If they keep it, it should stop explaining how stunts are done. Honestly, that’s a bit condescending in 2019 since people have easy access to this information. All it does is unnecessarily disrupt pacing. A 25-minute show following Indy through a series of major action scenes (like the tail end of an action movie) would do the trick and increase the potential number of shows daily. Have the entire show under the canopy for better lighting control and to avoid the dreaded (except by kids, who often prefer the pacing) “rain show”.

The entire "now we'll show you how a movie is made" conceit has been incredibly condescending for like 15 years, not just at Indy but at LMA and even the last few years of the tram tour. In the era of the internet and DVD special features, these kinds of things should have gone the way of the Dinosaur a while ago.

yensidtlaw1969

The entire "now we'll show you how a movie is made" conceit has been incredibly condescending for like 15 years, not just at Indy but at LMA and even the last few years of the tram tour. In the era of the internet and DVD special features, these kinds of things should have gone the way of the Dinosaur a while ago.
I think there's still room for this sort of experience in a Theme Park setting, but I think that the access DVD features should have prompted the parks to step things up rather than let them stagnate.

It doesn't help that the filmmaking industry has taken a turn for the less-interesting in this regard -- with so much being done in CGI these days a lot of Movie Magic has evolved into something that's less dramatic as a live experience. There's still a lot to making a movie that's exciting, but the parks didn't do enough to refocus properly. LMA seemed to try to lean into that, but it wasn't enough and just didn't last.

PizzaPlanet

Agreed. If they keep it, it should stop explaining how stunts are done. Honestly, that’s a bit condescending in 2019 since people have easy access to this information. All it does is unnecessarily disrupt pacing. A 25-minute show following Indy through a series of major action scenes (like the tail end of an action movie) would do the trick and increase the potential number of shows daily. Have the entire show under the canopy for better lighting control and to avoid the dreaded (except by kids, who often prefer the pacing) “rain show”.
What is the rain show like, I don't believe I've ever had to experience it.

rle4lunch

Well, if the next movie is indeed about Atlantis (I read somewhere it's going to take place in the 60's era), then a water ride in place of the stunt show would be awesome. However, if they reskin Star Tours to an Indy ride they could do the water thing on the cheap comparatively.

I for one would like to see the Atlantis storyline. Bring in some of the Edgar Cayce theories and a mystical backdrop, perhaps a rival archeologist as the bad guy (maybe to include some sort of unsavory nation-state that's looking for lost Atlantis mystical tech or something), and you've got something on par with the original trilogy.

RSoxNo1

I don't see an easy way to put in Indiana Jones Adventure in this area without removing the Stunt Show. Of the plans for DHS improvements that seem "doable" I'd like to see an Indy Land that includes a boat ride and/or the EMV Indiana Jones Adventure. Over by Animation Courtyard, I'd certainly welcome a Monsters Inc Land with a relocated Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, the Door Coaster and Ride and Go Seek.

Timothy_Q

I don't see an easy way to put in Indiana Jones Adventure in this area without removing the Stunt Show.
I think it can be pretty easy considering how much space there is back there
(even more if you eat into the parking lot)

Red - IJA show building + queue building
Blue - New Indy restaurant to replace Backlot Express
Yellow - New path

Dutch Inn '76

I'm sure that part of the consideration for Disney is the very large "theatre" that the Indy show sits in. It's a useful space as it is - and is used for many gatherings at WDW. I think it seats over 2,100.

I would think that fact alone would cause them to keep the theatre. I don't know why they don't just put a different show in there already. I've seen the other one enough times now, thanks.

Scrooged

They are crazy if they do.
I’m Not sure if they are crazy or just pragmatic. I think that the main issue is voided space for a thirty year old attraction- that space could
Be utilized more effectively for a newer attraction- whether it be Indy related or not. Don’t get me wrong- I love love LOVE the stunt show- but it might be time to move on from it. And I will cry when it’s gone. Like a baby.

HauntedMansionFLA

I’m Not sure if they are crazy or just pragmatic. I think that the main issue is voided space for a thirty year old attraction- that space could
Be utilized more effectively for a newer attraction- whether it be Indy related or not. Don’t get me wrong- I love love LOVE the stunt show- but it might be time to move on from it. And I will cry when it’s gone. Like a baby.
I love the show too. If they were going to make a move on getting rid of it, they should have done it a while back. They will heed everything possible to help with the crowds. If anything, they need for it to be running till the park closes.

Scrooged

I love the show too. If they were going to make a move on getting rid of it, they should have done it a while back. They will heed everything possible to help with the crowds. If anything, they need for it to be running till the park closes.
I didn’t think about that- what with the unknown and great crowd impact Galaxy’s Edge will have. It would be a good solid runoff for whatever system they come up with regarding GE’s entry system.

HauntedMansionFLA

I didn’t think about that- what with the unknown and great crowd impact Galaxy’s Edge will have. It would be a good solid runoff for whatever system they come up with regarding GE’s entry system.
If they are wanting to give people some sort of Star Wars experience because guest can’t get into the land, they could switch the show over to a Jedi Stunt Show. I’m sure Ray Park would be up for it. Maybe Nick Gillard. Episode 7 & 8 were sorely missing good lightsaber fights

Scrooged

If they are wanting to give people some sort of Star Wars experience because guest can’t get into the land, they could switch the show over to a Jedi Stunt Show. I’m sure Ray Park would be up for it. Maybe Nick Gillard. Episode 7 & 8 were sorely missing good lightsaber fights
This may be straying from the topic a bit, but I did like the lightsaber fight in episode 8. Not seven so much. But arguing the finer points of Star Wars May spiral this thread waaaaaaay out of control. Needless to say it seems I’m in the minority of Star Wars fans who loved episode 8....

But yes, it would be cool to see a Star Wars stunt show.

GlacierGlacier

They're hitting a point soon where anything that is operating in Hollywood at that point MUST stay operating for at least a year or so. Once SWL/MMRR opens, they're going to need capacity, and shutting attractions down during the initial rush of guests isn't going to be beneficial to anyone.

I'm thinking we'll see a stall period for DHS where nothing happens for a bit - unless it's demolition of unused structures. If something isn't down for refurb between now and this fall, it's not going to get touched until 2020 at least, I think.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom