Indiana Jones Adventure vs. Radiator Springs Racers

Indiana Jones Adventure or Radiator Springs Racers?

• Total voters

mickEblu

I hear legends of what the ride was like back in '95. Sounds like those vehicles are capable of far more motion than what's utilized currently, and it makes me wish they'd run it in it's proper mode for a special event or something.

I went on it in 95 and the ride blew my mind. I think it’s the last time I had that sort of reaction to a ride. I’m not sure if it felt more thrilling because I was younger or if they ve toned it down since. Probably both.

SuddenStorm

I went on it in 95 and the ride blew my mind. I think it’s the last time I had that sort of reaction to a ride. I’m not sure if it felt more thrilling because I was younger or if they ve toned it down since. Probably both.

David Koenig's People V Disneyland book talks about all the lawsuits they got because of people getting jerked on Indy... I'd bet good money that they really toned it down both to make it less aggressive, and to help it be more reliable and require less maintenance. And, there's the oft repeated 'there's thousands of ride combinations due to the random movement of the vehicles' line that hasn't been at all accurate in years.

Of course, I imagine that the fire, fog, and lighting effects that are broken now significantly added to the experience back in '95, making it feel even more thrilling than it does now, regardless of the vehicle movement.

mickEblu

I find both RSR and Indy to be overrated. RSR more than Indy. They re both what you’d think you want in Disney E ticket dark rides yet I rarely ride either. They’re both super impressive and ambitious yet they kind of fall into that “jack of all trades, master of none” category to me. Meaning not great thrill rides and also not great dark rides. Just good in each category. I’d rather have a simple themed thrilling coaster or a dark ride that really takes me somewhere and never makes me feel like I’m in a show building like POTC and HM. Splash Mountain for me is still the best example of a dark ride that has thrills.

Last edited:

Nland316

Bingo. Nothing at DCA has created the emotional connection Disneyland has for me- and this is from someone who literally grew up with DCA. Even with all the money spent on the park, it still doesn't justify it's existence next to Disneyland.

Grizzly River Run vs Splash Mountain? Splash wins every time.

Space Mountain, BTMRR, Matterhorn vs Screamin'? The beautifully themed attractions at Disneyland win every time.

Tower of Terror vs Haunted Mansion? Yeah, Mansion is the far better 'spooky' experience despite not having thrill.

Buena Vista Street is a poor man's Main Street, with none of the magic that really makes the entrance to Disneyland special.

Little Mermaid is a half hearted dark ride that doesn't justify the land it takes up, and is similar to Pooh in terms of quality- I'd take any of the Fantasyland dark rides over it any day.

Season Pass Podcast did an episode of The Disneyland That Never Was with Tony Baxter- and he gives a very detailed and lengthy explanation of what WestCOT was... and it's delightful. Is it a perfect idea? No- but it's far better than the weird 'California' theme they settled on and I firmly believe it would have done far more for differentiating and legitimizing the second gate.
I personally believe one of the faults of DCA, even now, is how comparable it is to Disneyland proper. WestCOT was entirely different than the park it was going to be right across the esplanade from. As of now, DCA still doesn’t have a strong enough concept, layout, or direction to define it as it’s own *unique* park. Which is why I believe it’s so easily compared to DL.

Figments Friend

IJA all the way.
Master class in themed design, incredible and intricate place setting, fantastic experience from the start to finish.
LOVE this Attraction on so many levels, even with some of the effects removed / not working and the toned down vehicle motion.

RSR is quite enjoyable too, but on a different level.
It is certainly a weclome ( and badly needed ) addition to DCA.

-

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
They are not comparable.
Apples to oranges really.
Just like the rest of the attractions mentioned.
All so different and all so subjective.
Now if you were to compare something like Indy vs Dinosaur or RSR vs TT, HM vs HM, Splash vs Splash.... then you could actually have a comparison.

Sailor310

I think the theming on Idy is great- from the beginning of the queue all the way through. But I've never been fond of how jerky it is. So many of the effects are always broken. In the queue, the ceiling of the spike room used to come down when you moved the bamboo pole. The bridge was supposed to seem like it was going to collapse, but now it just feels like the shocks of the jeep are going up and down. The green lazer coming out of the eye of the idol never works, nor the fog over the lava below the bridge, the rats dropping on the car seldom works. To me it's just jerky and noisey.

Touchdown

Favorite Rides at DLR:
1. Pirates
2. BTMRR
3. Mansion
4. RSR
5. TSMM
6. Soarin
7. Matterhorn
8. Space Mtn
9. Indy
10. GotG

When it’s offered, iasw holiday lands at #4. The rest of the holiday versions either don’t change my rankings or only move it up one spot.

EPCOTCenterLover

I love Indy, and film #3 is my favorite movie. It kills me to admit this, but I choose RSR at this point in time. On the Indy ride, I have grown tired of the filmed bugs, plastic looking snakes, and air blow darts that come from painted flats. Still a great E Ticket though! In contrast, I find RSR slightly better overall. The majestic mountain range sets the stage better than a small temple, and the three part act of the RSR ride gives it variety. Sure, it loses points for the town within a mountain issue, but overall, the ride is just plain fun. And the ending race is a blast.

TROR

I love Indy, and film #3 is my favorite movie. It kills me to admit this, but I choose RSR at this point in time. On the Indy ride, I have grown tired of the filmed bugs, plastic looking snakes, and air blow darts that come from painted flats. Still a great E Ticket though! In contrast, I find RSR slightly better overall. The majestic mountain range sets the stage better than a small temple, and the three part act of the RSR ride gives it variety. Sure, it loses points for the town within a mountain issue, but overall, the ride is just plain fun. And the ending race is a blast.
Most rides have three acts. With Pirates of the Caribbean it's the bayou, the grottos, the town on fire. With Tower of Terror it was mirror, the ghost reveal, the drop. Even Matterhorn has three acts with the lifthill, the reveal of the Yeti, and the final Yeti. Indiana Jone's three acts come with the Chamber of [Destiny], the reveal of the lava room, and then the boulder.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Most rides have three acts. With Pirates of the Caribbean it's the bayou, the grottos, the town on fire. With Tower of Terror it was mirror, the ghost reveal, the drop. Even Matterhorn has three acts with the lifthill, the reveal of the Yeti, and the final Yeti. Indiana Jone's three acts come with the Chamber of [Destiny], the reveal of the lava room, and then the boulder.

What’s the 3 acts of Mission: Blow Out? It begins and then stops 2 min later. We don’t even get to see any of the tour we’re supposed to be on.

TROR

What’s the 3 acts of Mission: Blow Out? It begins and then stops 2 min later.
It's lacking, almost as if it's a poor theme park ride designed by people who don't know anything about theme park design. I mean, it doesn't even capture anything I like about the Guardians of the Galaxy movies or even the MCU. If they wanted to make a good Guardians of the Galaxy ride, they could've just built a simulator that takes us through the Marvel galaxy conducted by Rocket Raccoon and baby Groot. Then you could fly around and briefly encounter Captain Marvel, Thanos, and whoever else is in the Marvel cosmos. It wouldn't have been a great ride, but it'd be better than either of the two Marvel attractions we've received thus far and it wouldn't have removed Tower of Terror. Also, it could've gone in Tomorrowland which desperately needs better attractions and ones that fit better thematically. My goodness, now you've got me all upset about Mission Breakout. What a trash ride and a waste of opportunity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom