Indiana Jones Adventure vs. Radiator Springs Racers

Indiana Jones Adventure or Radiator Springs Racers?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Both rides are (besides Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, GOTG:MB, Soarin', Grizzly River Run, Splash, Space, Big Thunder, and Matterhorn mountain) the two best rides in Disneyland Resort, by far and the two headliners of DLR, for sure besides Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. They both are loved by so many Disney fans, they both are incredibly, impressive E-ticket rides. Both are very fun and have great thrills thrown in with the perfect immersion. Most of all, they both two of the best Disney rides in the world.

So, which is the better ride in terms of quality? Going on Indy's Adventure or exploring Radiator Springs?

Indiana Jones Adventure
Image result for indiana jones adventure flickr
Image result for indiana jones adventure flickr
Related image

Radiator Springs Racers
Related image
Image result for radiator springs racers flickr

Image result for radiator springs racers flickr

Last edited:

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

There is nooooo comparison. Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye is VASTLY SUPERIOR. Whether it was the original version or the new effects updated version. both kick butt and the ride is still thrilling and fun every single time. and it makes you feel like you went on a real adventure and i have always left the ride vehicle with a sh*@ eating grin on my face. (but to me personally neither are better than Haunted Mansion)

britain

Indy is better, but the presence of RSR (mountain range, atmosphere, occasional glimpses of race cars) is very important to DCA.

If one day you woke up and Indy had magically disappeared, that would be shame, since it’s a great ride, possibly the best at DL. But Disneyland would feel the same as before.

If one day you woke up and RSR had disappeared, now THAT’S a tragedy. DCA would feel like there’s a hole in it.

A great, big, convention center revealing hole.

Disney Lover Addie

I took a VIP Disneyland trip a little under a year ago, and I used to think Radiator Springs was better (due to it’s popularity) After I went backstage at Indiana Jones, I saw it in a much better light. Indiana Jones has so much attention to detail. They definitely are both well done rides though.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Indy is better, but the presence of RSR (mountain range, atmosphere, occasional glimpses of race cars) is very important to DCA.

If one day you woke up and Indy had magically disappeared, that would be shame, since it’s a great ride, possibly the best at DL. But Disneyland would feel the same as before.

If one day you woke up and RSR had disappeared, now THAT’S a tragedy. DCA would feel like there’s a hole in it.

I disagree. Disney and George Lucas gave us a gift we never knew we wanted. and if they took it away I am sorry but the park to me would never feel the same again. it would be like a beloveded family member died.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Indiana Jones Adventure is my personal favorite attraction in the park. Everything about it just clicks so well for me.
Oh it is one of the bests rides ever made not only in any Disney park but in all the world. it has a STRONG ARGUEMENT for BEST RIDE EVER MADE. It is that insanley great. It works on soo many levels from the queue, to the ride vehicles to the show. John Williams music plays such a big part in it and puts it over the top. If his Indy music was not in the ride it would be great still but it would be missing a key element.

SuddenStorm

Indiana Jones, in it's intended form with all effects and lighting working properly, as well as the proper vehicle randomization + movement in place, is likely the most 'perfect' attraction Disney's done since 1995. It really is the peak of what the second generation of Imagineers was able to produce (though I personally prefer Splash Mountain), and in my opinion is the last 'classic' attraction to be built at the Disneyland resort. Everything that's followed just hasn't clicked with me the same way.

As it is now, the attraction is in a crippled state due to neglect and age. I'd love to see it get a proper refurbishment, perhaps bringing Baxter in to oversee the improvement of some of the weaker elements of the ride (namely, the rat projection room).

Radiator Springs Racers, while fun- is a superficial experience. Something about having the entire interior of the ride be a replica of the land you just walked through is a turn off, and while the racing segment is fun- if going fast is what I want, I have Space Mountain and CA Screamin' for that.

Indiana Jones Adventure's story is deepened with each ride through as you pick up all the subtle nuances and details placed throughout the queue and ride. It's the perfect example for how to properly utilize IP inside Disneyland- utilizing the spirit of the property and adapting it to what makes Disneyland great. I can see Radiator Springs watching a Cars film, but I can't experience the story of The Temple of Mara watching any of the Jones films.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Indiana Jones, in it's intended form with all effects and lighting working properly, as well as the proper vehicle randomization + movement in place, is likely the most 'perfect' attraction Disney's done since 1995. It really is the peak of what the second generation of Imagineers was able to produce (though I personally prefer Splash Mountain), and in my opinion is the last 'classic' attraction to be built at the Disneyland resort. Everything that's followed just hasn't clicked with me the same way.

As it is now, the attraction is in a crippled state due to neglect and age. I'd love to see it get a proper refurbishment, perhaps bringing Baxter in to oversee the improvement of some of the weaker elements of the ride (namely, the rat projection room).

Radiator Springs Racers, while fun- is a superficial experience. Something about having the entire interior of the ride be a replica of the land you just walked through is a turn off, and while the racing segment is fun- if going fast is what I want, I have Space Mountain and CA Screamin' for that.

Indiana Jones Adventure's story is deepened with each ride through as you pick up all the subtle nuances and details placed throughout the queue and ride. It's the perfect example for how to properly utilize IP inside Disneyland- utilizing the spirit of the property and adapting it to what makes Disneyland great. I can see Radiator Springs watching a Cars film, but I can't experience the story of The Temple of Mara watching any of the Jones films.
Perfectly said.

George Lucas on a Bench

I really don't understand why so many people consider Indy THE best ride at Disneyland. Heck, I think the racing part of Cars is more fun than the entire Indy ride.

Of course I like Indy, but having not gone to the Disneyland until it had already been around for some time and only been on Floridian rides, obviously there was a lot of mystery and mystique surrounding the IJ ride and a lot of hype.

Turns out it's just the Dinosaur ride with an awkward IJ robot holding back the aurora borealis and not even voiced by Harrison Ford and rolling ball part that hardly ever works. My favorite part is when the skeletons pop out at you.

Snow Queen

Indiana Jones. Overall it's a higher quality for me, but I do think nothing in Radiator Springs Racers is as bad as the stretch when you exit the central chamber until the bolder room. You go from this big, grand, gorgeously designed central chamber to a black hallway with a bad projection and some cheap funhouse effects.

180º

I dunno. If I woke up and suddenly all of DCA had disappeared, including Cars Land, I don’t think I would mind. I’d miss Soarin’ Over California, I guess, but apparently we’re losing that again anyway.

SuddenStorm

I dunno. If I woke up and suddenly all of DCA had disappeared, including Cars Land, I don’t think I would mind. I’d miss Soarin’ Over California, I guess, but apparently we’re losing that again anyway.

Bingo. Nothing at DCA has created the emotional connection Disneyland has for me- and this is from someone who literally grew up with DCA. Even with all the money spent on the park, it still doesn't justify it's existence next to Disneyland.

Grizzly River Run vs Splash Mountain? Splash wins every time.

Space Mountain, BTMRR, Matterhorn vs Screamin'? The beautifully themed attractions at Disneyland win every time.

Tower of Terror vs Haunted Mansion? Yeah, Mansion is the far better 'spooky' experience despite not having thrill.

Buena Vista Street is a poor man's Main Street, with none of the magic that really makes the entrance to Disneyland special.

Little Mermaid is a half hearted dark ride that doesn't justify the land it takes up, and is similar to Pooh in terms of quality- I'd take any of the Fantasyland dark rides over it any day.

Season Pass Podcast did an episode of The Disneyland That Never Was with Tony Baxter- and he gives a very detailed and lengthy explanation of what WestCOT was... and it's delightful. Is it a perfect idea? No- but it's far better than the weird 'California' theme they settled on and I firmly believe it would have done far more for differentiating and legitimizing the second gate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom