Independence Over Disney

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
I was just wondering if anybody had any info on Independence in Windemere. My parents recently bought a townhouse in there and was contemplating staying there on our next trip rather than staying in the park.

Sure, it would obviously be cheaper for us...but I'd pay more if staying in Disney is more convenient. By the time you factor in a rental car and paying to park, there are certainly expenses that you don't have by staying in the park (although they don't outweigh the resort prices).

Where exactly is this? I've asked my parents multiple times and the only thing I get from them is "It's near Disney." Now...after digging a little more, I found out that "Disney" to them meant "The Magic Kingdom."

Are we talking a 2 minute drive...a 10 minute...a 30 minute?

Also, we're planning on going in October and my daughter will just be 2. It'll be nice to have a kitchen and a "home" with a separate room for her...but is the ease of Disney Transport better? We are obviously planning on going back to the room for a "cool-down" time...so would a Disney resort be better because we'll spend more time in the resort than we did when we didn't have a toddler?

Any input will help. Thanks :)

Atta83

Its behind the MK. I know ppl who live there and love it. Its about a 6 minute drive give or take from the cast parking lot of the mk. HOpe that helps.

The Mom

Premium Member
Wait a minute - your daughter is going to be TWO? Damn, I remember meeting you when you were single, and it seems like just yesterday!

Will someone please make time slow down a little? :lol:

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
Wait a minute - your daughter is going to be TWO? Damn, I remember meeting you when you were single, and it seems like just yesterday!

Will someone please make time slow down a little? :lol:

Hehe...well, she'll be two when we go. She's 16 months right now.

I know...it seems like yesterday! It's weird that your name is "The Mom" and when we met...that's how comfortable it was :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom