Incredibles 2 -- SPOILER Discussion / Reviews

Missing_Aria

I just don't know why we need to have another movie where the dad has to full time dad and hates life because of it. It's not a good message to send... My dad took care of 3 girls by himself when it was his time with us and he never had any real issues. He certainly didn't act like his life was over.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I just don't know why we need to have another movie where the dad has to full time dad and hates life because of it. It's not a good message to send... My dad took care of 3 girls by himself when it was his time with us and he never had any real issues. He certainly didn't act like his life was over.

Did you see it all the way through? He ends up loving being a "full-time dad." Change is hard for most. He went through it and came out stronger on the other side, and so did his family.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I did, and that made me happy but up until that point I've never facepalmed more in a Disney movie.

As a dad myself, I hate the overused stereotype that dads are part time parents that cannot handle being alone with their kids for more than a few minutes. That they are stupid and helpless. I was somewhat worried this is how the movie was going to be, but it came out good and turned that around in my opinion.

DisneyGigi

Okay- who else had a “wt f is happening” moment in Bao? Because my entire theater was trying to figure out what was happening there.
My take on it, as a mother that was not ready to let her son grow up and get married/move out-
Her son was her buddy and pal, and when all of the sudden, someone comes in and things move really quick- Mom can’t let go, and “freaks out” Her eating the dim sum - was that they fought over it. It is a representation of a parent not wanting to let go. The dad makes her see, he is still there, just different than before. The end scene shows life goes on, and that families change, and grow, but are still there. Everyone is happy and together at the end. The mean old girl that took Mom’s boy away is there doing the same things that Mom did with the son.
My take, anyway, as a Mom of a married, now dad- son. It made me cry.

AND....

The movie was amazing! Worth the wait.

mf1972

My take on it, as a mother that was not ready to let her son grow up and get married/move out-
Her son was her buddy and pal, and when all of the sudden, someone comes in and things move really quick- Mom can’t let go, and “freaks out” Her eating the dim sum - was that they fought over it. It is a representation of a parent not wanting to let go. The dad makes her see, he is still there, just different than before. The end scene shows life goes on, and that families change, and grow, but are still there. Everyone is happy and together at the end. The mean old girl that took Mom’s boy away is there doing the same things that Mom did with the son.
My take, anyway, as a Mom of a married, now dad- son. It made me cry.

AND....

The movie was amazing! Worth the wait.
all i know is i didn’t want to eat chinese for awhile ;)

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
If it wasn’t for Jack Jack getting 17 powers Mr. Incredible would have been fine. He was able to help Dash And Violet. He only took a short time to adjust to being at home too. No way Ms. Incredible could have handled Jack Jack any better. He reached out when he need help and got it. Things were much better once he had the proper tools to help Jack Jack. It reminds me of what a lot of families go through when they are trying to figure out how to help a special needs child.

Phicinfan

I believe you are only looking at from one perspective. As a Dad, who was without work for a period of time, and took over household work so my wife could continue her career I fully "understood" what Bob was going through. As a man, you are usually raised to believe you are the bread winner and main support of a family. Obviously that is not the case now a days....but it does not change how most of us were raised in our day and age. I will add, the transition from frustration to making it work was very short.....in "real" time, as he was up all night to learn "math" to help his son, after just one night without his wife.

Might want to ask your Dad about that..if you still can.

Princess Leia

Okay, so after this movie, I've decided that I'm a bit tired of the "Secret Villain in Plain Sight" trope that's been in play for awhile now at Pixar and Disney. What was the last Disney villain to truly flaunt their badness around? Gothel? (I'm not including the crab from Moana, he wasn't really the true villain of the film... if that film had a villain at all)

Disney:
  • Wreck-It Ralph
  • Frozen
  • Big Hero 6
  • Zootopia
Pixar:
  • Toy Story 2
  • Monsters, Inc (Randall was pretty openly evil, but Waternoose was the hidden mastermind)
  • WALL-E (though this one is debatable)
  • Up
  • Cars 2
  • Coco
  • Incredibles 2
Sure, it seems to be more of a Disney problem at the moment than a Pixar problem, but it just feels tired (Marvel has done this too in a couple of cases, but they're usually pretty open about who the villains are, so it hasn't reached a tired point yet).

champdisney

Okay, so after this movie, I've decided that I'm a bit tired of the "Secret Villain in Plain Sight" trope that's been in play for awhile now at Pixar and Disney. What was the last Disney villain to truly flaunt their badness around? Gothel? (I'm not including the crab from Moana, he wasn't really the true villain of the film... if that film had a villain at all)

Disney:
  • Wreck-It Ralph
  • Frozen
  • Big Hero 6
  • Zootopia
Pixar:
  • Toy Story 2
  • Monsters, Inc (Randall was pretty openly evil, but Waternoose was the hidden mastermind)
  • WALL-E (though this one is debatable)
  • Up
  • Cars 2
  • Coco
  • Incredibles 2
Sure, it seems to be more of a Disney problem at the moment than a Pixar problem, but it just feels tired (Marvel has done this too in a couple of cases, but they're usually pretty open about who the villains are, so it hasn't reached a tired point yet).
You’re right. It’s a formula that they’re in love with at the moment. And if you think about it, they’re the ones losing since they can’t really market these secret baddies in merchandise leading to the release of the films. It’s well-known that people love Disney Villains, they sell. Also when was the last time they expanded the Disney Villains roster? Dr. Facilier?

champdisney

Anyway, I saw Incredibles 2 last night. What a delight. There was a great balance between personal issues at home that some of us can relate to, combined with that heroic fantasy adventure that we crave to get away. It was grounded, funny and over the top.

I loved how they captured Mr. Incredible’s jealously of his wife getting called into action, it was obvious yet he managed to tuck away his pride and supported her all the way (even though he was heavily relying on her so that he can go back into business for himself).

Elastigirl’s bike was very cool. Jack-Jack’s backyard brawl with the raccoon was the highlight of the film for me, hilarious! I just really appreciated the family dynamics of the Incredibles. Beautiful film to a long awaited follow-up.... Underminer is still on the loose!

Princess Leia

You’re right. It’s a formula that they’re in love with at the moment. And if you think about it, they’re the ones losing since they can’t really market these secret baddies in merchandise leading to the release of the films. It’s well-known that people love Disney Villains, they sell. Also when was the last time they expanded the Disney Villains roster? Dr. Facilier?
Facilier for sure, I’m not sure about Gothel. She’s the last one to get a villain song though (minus the giant crab).

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
I thoroughly enjoyed it. That being said, the first one was superior. I was expecting to see a lot of SJW stuff, but was I wrong. I found myself laughing at a lot of things Mr. Incredible went through. I was the SAME way for a while. (still am). Definitely buying that. One thing I loved about it is family was pushed, not just the adults doing everything. It was a combined effort.

That's something lost on today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom