Incredible Hulk Refurbishment Confirmed

captainmoch

Also, I hope they don't make any attempt to reduce the noise made by the coaster. It's part of the ride's character.
Sorry, but I kinda hope it does get reduced. It just breaks the immersion when in the other parts of the land and you can still hear the coaster. At least somehow reduce it so it can only be heard in MSHI.

Skunk

Sorry, but I kinda hope it does get reduced. It just breaks the immersion when in the other parts of the land and you can still hear the coaster. At least somehow reduce it so it can only be heard in MSHI.

Probably unlikely, but it is feasible. IIRC, for Kraken at Sea World, they filled the insides of the tracks with sand to reduce the noise/vibration.

JoeCamel

So..... Who asked for more screens???

The queue is rumored to have many, many many screens with some of them 3D that you do not need glasses for. The rumored lap bar restraints are not happening at this time though but they are addressing the head banging issue in the new trains.

Can't wait - would be a hoot if they dumped a David Banner miniature AA under glass in there somewhere just to point out how it is not needed.

TalkingHead

If they can give Hulk a queue that's on par with Doctor Doom (or one that's better), it'll make that ride experience a lot better.

But beyond the queue, I'm most interested in the onboard audio. Hoping they have something good planned for that.

squidward

If they can give Hulk a queue that's on par with Doctor Doom (or one that's better), it'll make that ride experience a lot better.

But beyond the queue, I'm most interested in the onboard audio. Hoping they have something good planned for that.

Seriously? Dr. Doom's queue is awful. It has no air conditioning, it smells bad, and is absolutely filthy.

TalkingHead

Seriously? Dr. Doom's queue is awful. It has no air conditioning, it smells bad, and is absolutely filthy.

The propaganda film is great. Last time I was in there, the fog effects were working. I think it was in March, so didn't notice any heat or smell.

Either way, I suspect the revamped Hulk queue will turn out a lot better than what is currently in Doom or Hulk.

squidward

The propaganda film is great. Last time I was in there, the fog effects were working. I think it was in March, so didn't notice any heat or smell.

Either way, I suspect the revamped Hulk queue will turn out a lot better than what is currently in Doom or Hulk.

On 2nd thought, I shouldn't say anything. I've never been to the regular queue. Only Express.

Mikejakester

Would be nice if they would enclose the last portion of the coaster to make it a dark coaster kind of like The Mummy or Rocking Rollercoaster. But I doubt 10 months is enough for that... Oh wait... This isn't Disney, so this might still be possible. :D

JoeCamel

Well, with Doom not having long left as things stand...

Do you think they will take it down before Hulk is done or close to done? They will have a lot going on in that corner so I would think they keep it and SFA open to fill in while Hulk is down. Orrrr they could just close off all of it and do it in one fell swoop but I would think Hulk will be back before they can do the whole corner.

StageFrenzy

On 2nd thought, I shouldn't say anything. I've never been to the regular queue. Only Express.
It has been quite a while since I have been through the full queue at Doom but I really remember being impressed with it. Good place-making and build up, horrible ride. @marni1971 have you done a walk-through of it for posterity's sake? Express Queue at all the MSI rides suck.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom