In WDW now: Ride elements not working

pbrsaau

I was at MK and Epcot a month ago and was disappointed that some of the effects didn't work, specifically on BTM - on the lift hill where there are supposed to be fuses running up the sides and then the projection of the explosion - there was nothing. POTC the mist and mermaids weren't working and we did get too wet from the drops and water canons. Splash Mountain also had a handful of animatronics not working. CMs rushed us through the standby queue of HM so we didn't have time to enjoy the effects in line. Did this ruin my trip - of course not - but I was looking forward to seeing these things. Combined with my distaste for FP+ it leaves me with no desire to return to WDW any time soon. I know there is a lot going on at WDW with AK and DS getting facelifts, MK is getting a lot of love, EC will soon also.

wdrive

I was at MK and Epcot a month ago and was disappointed that some of the effects didn't work, specifically on BTM - on the lift hill where there are supposed to be fuses running up the sides and then the projection of the explosion - there was nothing. POTC the mist and mermaids weren't working and we did get too wet from the drops and water canons. Splash Mountain also had a handful of animatronics not working. CMs rushed us through the standby queue of HM so we didn't have time to enjoy the effects in line. Did this ruin my trip - of course not - but I was looking forward to seeing these things. Combined with my distaste for FP+ it leaves me with no desire to return to WDW any time soon. I know there is a lot going on at WDW with AK and DS getting facelifts, MK is getting a lot of love, EC will soon also.

That is only at Disneyland in California. The MK's Thunder Mountain does not have that effect.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Ellen & Snake Dino AAs not added back to Ellen's Energy Adventure yet. Still an empty scene there.

EDIT: Could be an unreliable source.. But it sounds like something Disney would do in this situation.

"I know someone that worked Universe of Energy for a short time and walked through it. The Ellen animatronic is still gone and won't be returning any time soon apparently. They've cemented over where she once stood." - kittykat7887, disboards
Not a big loss IMHO

JohnD

Original Poster
Considering we're talking about WDW and you were only able to spot a handful of broken/switched off effects, I'd say that's pretty good. Back in 2012, on most attractions it seemed like more effects were broken/off than the ones there WERE working/on. They've improved substantially since then. They still have a long way to go, unfortunately.

Like I said. I was making observations, not representations.

James Clifton

I'm at WDW also & it's crowed.The Dwarf Mine Ride went down after I waited in line for 40min.get to the head of the line & it breaks.Toy Story was 70min.wait.Buzz Light Year had a long line plus showers .
Jim

draybook

Alien Encounter has been broken for a while now. There's some blue thing in there.

giphy%2026_zpsgpmnmtfo.gif

copcarguyp71

Diversification of the company into Pixar, ABC, and Starwars hasnt hurt the bottom line.

Yes, but what has it done for the parks? More empty spaces and inoperative effects than ever before, poorly engineered fastpass system actually creating longer lines and expansions that were massively downsized. I get your point about the entire company but my comment was more meant as how Iger has effected the parks and the fact that this is a forum specifically pertaining to the parks should hold a large amount of water as to how he is thought of in these discussions.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Visited yesterday and cannons and Snow White WERE working.

Snow White wasn't working when we rode Thanksgiving Day. And the ride wasn't operating yesterday AM since I received an e-mail telling me my FP+ needed to be rescheduled as the ride was temporarily unavailable. Have gotten that e-mail several times for the Mine Ride.....

And POTC was down part of the day also.

Kman101

Snow White was dancing just fine yesterday. I know because we sat there for a good minute and I saw her and Dopey go back and forth. So they at least seem to stay on top of this one. I did have to LOL at the woman behind me griping how short the ride was. "And .... that's it!" as we made the last turn. LOL

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Not hardly.

Honestly, that's like saying the "Alien" animatronics aren't needed for the GMR Alien scenes.. It's like saying you can cover up the ending-scene of Spaceship Earth with some black sheets and replace it with a video screen.. Because it's just not that noticeable. :rolleyes:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Honestly, that's like saying the "Alien" animatronics aren't needed for the GMR Alien scenes.. It's like saying you can cover up the ending-scene of Spaceship Earth with some black sheets and replace it with a video screen.. Because it's just not that noticeable. :rolleyes:
What I don't think you understand is that attraction is about fossil fuels and dinos, not about Ellen.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
What I don't think you understand is that attraction is about fossil fuels and dinos, not about Ellen.

Eeermmm... Well. Two ways to look at it.

That's one way.

The actual plot is about Ellen. It's about Ellen trying to understand about fossil fuels and dinos so she can win a Jeapordy game show. Ellen is in the title of the ride. Ellen's Energy Adventure. The energy adventure is ELLEN'S. Ellen has to go on an adventure to learn about Fossil Fuels. You'd be pretty dumb not to expect Ellen to be in the entire ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom