In regard to Beast, Mermaid, & Indiana

Jones14

It is so embarrassing that Disney allows these shows to continue. They need to be taken out back and....I can imagine that right now, in their current offerings, why they would want them to stay, but the second TSL opens, one should go down so there is a replacement to go along with the SWL opening.
I would even go further than that. I think they could get away with shutting down Mermaid in January, and then close Beast when Toy Story Land officially opens. Frozen and Indiana are fine, and the former is getting a holiday update anyways.

Fox&Hound

I would even go further than that. I think they could get away with shutting down Mermaid in January, and then close Beast when Toy Story Land officially opens. Frozen and Indiana are fine, and the former is getting a holiday update anyways.

I agree....Frozen is getting a holiday update? This year? I had not heard that....

Princess Leia

I'm not sure to what extent the show as a whole will be altered, but they're changing the songs (minus Let It Go, I assume) to be the ones from Olaf's Frozen Adventure (the new short).
Do we know when the new show starts? I’ll be there on the 25th and I’m curious to find out which show i’ll see

Jones14

Saw a preview of it last night. It’s the exact same show just with two new songs from the Olaf short added at the end and an appearance from Olaf himself. These additions are only for the Holiday season..
Did they cut any songs from the show to make up for it? It’s already a pretty long show as it stands.

YodaMan

Did they cut any songs from the show to make up for it? It’s already a pretty long show as it stands.

The show is the same length as always. About 6 minutes was trimmed from the original show and 6 minutes of holiday material was added in. The only song they shortened was "For The First Time in Forever" (the second verse was left out). Otherwise they trimmed Anna's intro (the historians start off on stage with Anna), and shortened the interaction with Kristoff.

question so if Mermaid, Beast, and Indiana either get closed/demolished/upgraded do you guys think they will tell us if they are actually gonna replace them or do you think they will just close it and leave it empty? ie. like when they announced both GMR & Ellen they told us the new rides that are gonna replace them or do you think it will be more along the lines of just closing it/upgrading it and waiting until they have an idea to tell us.

Kman101

Not Definite. Not Out of the Question. (Probably not the answer you want to hear, but there was a time when B&TB was supposed to go down for a few months for a replacement, and it got officially scrapped a week or two from its scheduled close date.

Thank you for answering! Shame they can't seem to update or replace these shows.

Haymarket2008

There was the plan to bring Beauty and the Beast back to stylistically reflect the most recent film. That clearly got sent to the cruise lines instead. From what a close friend has told me, and from being in the business myself, there is a plan to revive the show in New York along those same lines. Not sure if this is still going to DHS.

RHCP Mickey

A bit of a throwback to the conversation from August, but the vibe I get from my fellow young parents is that there is a serious demand for Moana from WDW's target demographic. Moana may be to today's toddler what TLM was to my generation (I'm 28). I know when my 3 month old starts watching movies, Moana is going to be near the top of the playlist. If they threw a Moana musical into the TLM theater, I think that would be an enormous draw, even big enough to drag some people into DHS who otherwise would've skipped the park. It's the best attainable improvement I've seen suggested for DHS during the TSL/SWGE transitional period. Add The Rock into the show somehow, be it in a prelude video or projection, and you've got a theater that's packed for every showing.

Kman101

There was the plan to bring Beauty and the Beast back to stylistically reflect the most recent film. That clearly got sent to the cruise lines instead. From what a close friend has told me, and from being in the business myself, there is a plan to revive the show in New York along those same lines. Not sure if this is still going to DHS.

That would be really nice. The show as it is doesn't actually 'bother me' so to speak, it's a nice show, but it feels dated. I mean, it's been there for SO long lol. If they truly updated it I'd be absolutely fine with Beauty and the Beast staying. It's a popular show in the park. With the new theater coming to the MK I'm not as concerned about having a new musical replace Beauty (and eventually the Hyperion can host a show as well once the Frozen sing-along wears itself out. I mean, imagine this sing-along still being there 20 years from now, that's where we are with the other shows). The new take on the musical looks good. I think if they bring it back to Broadway it could work very well. Aladdin seems popular and Lion King made it work with puppets so I think Beauty would fit right in. I don't know how long I see Frozen lasting. It will do well initially I suppose. But Lion King long? Probably not gonna happen.

I'm more hopeful they dump Mermaid. It was once a great show but it's time for it to go. I'm curious what they do with that space.

Indy is great but the director aspect of it needs to be dropped and they could re-tool the show. I'd be OK with that. But I'd prefer an Indy ride on it's spot instead LOL

You would think if they wanted to relaunch the park in 2019 (my assumption, not fact) with the opening of Star Wars Land and Runaway Railway and possibly a name change, you'd think they'd want new shows to make the park feel fresh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom