In regard to Beast, Mermaid, & Indiana

CalebS

WRT BatB going to MK...
1. The expansion pads that are available are increasingly difficult to access and utilize.​
2. MK doesn't need more rides. It has 27 while the other three have about 9 each. The last thing MK needs is an additional E-Ticket until all the other parks are beefed up in the rides category.​

Therefor, if one wants the new BatB to come to MK, choose two rides for it to replace. 😲
I would argue that one more E-ticket in adventureland to even things a bit might be a good idea... otherwise I agree

HowAboutDisney

WRT BatB going to MK...
1. The expansion pads that are available are increasingly difficult to access and utilize.​
2. MK doesn't need more rides. It has 27 while the other three have about 9 each. The last thing MK needs is an additional E-Ticket until all the other parks are beefed up in the rides category.​

Therefor, if one wants the new BatB to come to MK, choose two rides for it to replace. 😲

Easy, place it in the old Snow White ride building, if that’s not room enough remove the ice cream shop next to it

RSoxNo1

WRT BatB going to MK...

• it's a small world to Epcot
  • Close Enchanted Tales with Belle and Pinocchios Village House
  • Use the Enchanted Tales with Belle Facade as an entrance into the Beauty and the Beast LPS ride
  • Extend the mountain range to include more snow capped mountains transitioning into Frozen and Tangled
  • Wrap Facades down to the Tangled Restrooms
  • Build a Tangled Boat Ride and Snuggly Duckling
  • Build a true Frozen Dark ride with legit capacity
  • Build a Princess Meet and Greet Area so that Princess Fairytale Hall can be converted back to a C ticket dark ride
  • Build a Tinkerbell B-ticket/flat ride on or near the Pinocchio's Village Haus footprint

Last edited:

Fox&Hound

• it's a small world to Epcot
  • Close Enchanted Tales with Belle and Pinocchios Village House
  • Use the Enchanted Tales with Belle Facade as an entrance into the Beauty and the Beast LPS ride
  • Extend the mountain range to include more snow capped mountains transitioning into Frozen and Tangled
  • Wrap Facades down to the Tangled Restrooms
  • Build a Tangled Boat Ride and Snuggly Duckling
  • Build a true Frozen Dark ride with legit capacity
  • Build a Princess Meet and Greet Area so that Princess Fairytale Hall can be converted back to a C ticket dark ride
  • Build a Tinkerbell B-ticket/flat ride on or near the Pinocchio's Village Haus footprint

I know people will be negative but I love all of these ideas so much!

Brainleech419

Not sure you’re gonna get much negativity on here. The greater point is how unlikely this is.
well we are it with this magical pixie dust.
  • lets replace pooh with honey hut
  • tear out mickey philharmagic and either add a second track to PPF with the shanghai effects
  • remake horizons in the tomorrow land spaces of stitch and MILF
  • add thunder mesa next to big thunder
  • then build an exact copy of this new and improved mk right next too it to finally fix capacity issues

(hope this post comes off as good fun not sarcasm)

Kman101

The site that shall not be named is stating that Indiana Jones is getting an update for the WDW’s 50th anniversary

Let's hope it sticks and they actually update it. I've been saying for a long time now the director aspect has to go. I love the show as-is, of course, but it's time to update it. I'd still prefer a ride but doesn't mean one still can't happen down the road.

Bleed0range

Let's hope it sticks and they actually update it. I've been saying for a long time now the director aspect has to go. I love the show as-is, of course, but it's time to update it. I'd still prefer a ride but doesn't mean one still can't happen down the road.

I honestly feel like the whole show needs to change if they update it. New effects, new story, etc. Lose the studios theme.

The fact that my grandmother who last saw the show in 1990 could go today and see it as it was pretty much in 90 seems like a problem to me.

I honestly would rather have a ride.

MadTeacup

Interesting to hear the rumor about Indy. Not sure if it's happening, but it sounds likely. By the same token, plans can easily be changed before 2020. At the very least it needs a refurb. The sets are in rough shape.

VoLM and BatB are both MAJOR people eaters - specifically VoLM because it runs continuously. It sees approximately 1/3 of the park's daily attendance which is huge for any show. Also, both these shows take place in theaters that are horribly outdated by modern building codes. To replace either show, would require lengthy downtime to include major renovations or complete replacement of the facilities. While there have been credible rumors about these shows getting replaced, (VoLM has been escaping the chopping block for years.) I expect it's unlikely to happen soon. My guess is that one of these shows' replacement budgets went into Sunset Showcase for the Cars show, seeing how it wasn't intended to be a daily ops location.

MadTeacup

Also, dont ever assume an audition posting is a sign that a show is safe. Regular auditions are required by the Actor's Equity Association so any show with performers on an Equity contract will hold auditions whether they need people or not. Also, new performers for Disney Junior Live on Stage! were hired about ?four? months before it closed simply because they NEEDED people.

Is there any chance at all for BatB to be replaced with The Golden Mickeys from the Cruise Line? I feel like an award-type show would fit perfectly into Hollywood Boulevard, and maybe appeal to a wider audience...

toonaspie

Does anyone know what was the original intended shelf life of these shows? I know they're still running, but I can't imagine they were intended for a 25+ year run. I imagine there were replacements planned over the years but the bean counters held them back. Will these three still be there when a shiny new Star Wars land opens? Hard to believe The Great Movie Ride got the axe before these three.

Of those three I believe only Indiana Jones was meant to be longterm. Mermaid and Batb were probably only temporary shows meant to be switched out to promote the next big animated blockbuster. That is just a wild guess on my part.

Mermaid is a decent show (though I'm baffled as to why they fast forward to the end after the Poor Unfortunate Souls segment). BatB really needs more substance though.

On the plus side, at least it's not another Frozen show.

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
One of our Insiders has said two years ago that at least one, or probably two of those three shows would be changed by the end of this year.

Apparently, WDW keeps putting that off. So... what's going to change?

Perhaps, they turned their attention to creating LMRA. Maybe, they will focus on changing an existing show once they have something to offset the lost capacity of a show being down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom